Page 182 of 281 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 192 232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    lol hahah I don't think you could get more factual than from Kings own mouth. You know who else has a lot of 'inside knowledge'.. TF92 and we saw how that went. All I'm saying is that I'd belive King over someone on this forum (all due respect) any day, and I found something regarding the future of Greg Bird (which you were inquiring about) and it so happened to be from Kings own mouth.
    Appreciate the thumbs down bud.

Honestly I'm not gonna sit here and justify myself. People on here know who's in the loop and who's not. It's chill.

Also - understanding how to interpret coaching/manager/player quotations is always useful. Not always as it seems mate.

Junior

lol hahah I don't think you could get more factual than from Kings own mouth. You know who else has a lot of 'inside knowledge'.. TF92 and we saw how that went. All I'm saying is that I'd belive King over someone on this forum (all due respect) any day, and I found something regarding the future of Greg Bird (which you were inquiring about) and it so happened to be from Kings own mouth.
    Lol you may actually be surprised there are a few people on here with legit inside information haha but it's weeding out the winners from the yarn spinners.

Like me for example. I don't know squat haha but know a few juniors. But other than that's. Speculation is my best friend. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Appreciate the thumbs down bud.

Honestly I'm not gonna sit here and justify myself. People on here know who's in the loop and who's not. It's chill.

Also - understanding how to interpret coaching/manager/player quotations is always useful. Not always as it seems mate.
    No worries

I don't think King is going to talk too much about a players future if its in the negative. Do you think he spoke his true feelings on DCE reneging? do you think he really wants to say Greg has been a poor influence and waste of our salary cap lately and we would be happy to see him find a home at Canberra? unlikely.

with the recent exception of Shane Flanagan putting his foot in things talking too honestly with fans... most coaches keep the lip shut and let the circus runs its course and try to hose down most player movement talks.

I think Henry is saying as little as possible to rock the boat in either direction until its ready to be made public, maybe until there is something definitive to say.

the funny thing is that either could be correct right now, but bird / manager / titans / canberra could change their mind, and the person who is speaking truth becomes wrong, and the other becomes right.

All i know is that Titan Pete doesnt just throw random rumours around. been a long time forum member and foundation titan member who is close with many people who work at the club. If he was going to spew rumours he could have done so many times this year. If anything, he mostly holds back his inside tid bits.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I don't think King is going to talk too much about a players future if its in the negative. Do you think he spoke his true feelings on DCE reneging? do you think he really wants to say Greg has been a poor influence and waste of our salary cap lately and we would be happy to see him find a home at Canberra? unlikely.

with the recent exception of Shane Flanagan putting his foot in things talking too honestly with fans... most coaches keep the lip shut and let the circus runs its course and try to hose down most player movement talks.

I think Henry is saying as little as possible to rock the boat in either direction until its ready to be made public, maybe until there is something definitive to say.

the funny thing is that either could be correct right now, but bird / manager / titans / canberra could change their mind, and the person who is speaking truth becomes wrong, and the other becomes right.

All i know is that Titan Pete doesnt just throw random rumours around. been a long time forum member and foundation titan member who is close with many people who work at the club. If he was going to spew rumours he could have done so many times this year. If anything, he mostly holds back his inside tid bits.
    That's fine, but in my opinion i am far more certain that Birdy will be here next season than Dave Taylor. I'm going to take King by his word, and he sounded pretty certain that Birdy is a big part of our plans. But anything could change

That's fine, but in my opinion i am far more certain that Birdy will be here next season than Dave Taylor. I'm going to take King by his word, and he sounded pretty certain that Birdy is a big part of our plans. But anything could change
    I hope you are right Titan Sam. Earlier in the year I would have happily shipped Bird out but I have been quite impressed with his efforts this year and we cannot keep losing the experience that we have been. On the other hand, if the club wants to clean out any player that has damaged the club image this year then I am happy with that as well.
    Based on the Hunt article today there is one other Titan player implicated that has escaped charges but he appears to be moving. I wonder if the club knew when discussing future contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I hope you are right Titan Sam. Earlier in the year I would have happily shipped Bird out but I have been quite impressed with his efforts this year and we cannot keep losing the experience that we have been. On the other hand, if the club wants to clean out any player that has damaged the club image this year then I am happy with that as well.
    Based on the Hunt article today there is one other Titan player implicated that has escaped charges but he appears to be moving. I wonder if the club knew when discussing future contracts.
    yea I agree I don't want Birdy to go. Well then do you have any ideas on who the player could be?

EDITED BY HS: DO NOT SPECULATE WITH PLAYER NAMES
    Last edited by TitanSam; 28-06-15 at 08:41 PM.

even though its really obvious who they were referring to, i would edit that mate. we all had to be careful of putting players names on here earlier this year when it first broke.

In the papers it states that it is a Kangaroo/Origin player. If indeed it is one of our players, only one fits that title, which coincidentally I heard his name mentioned from the beginning.

you must be talking about his efforts on the golf course?

He might have played his backside off, but buggered if i can remember as he's only played four games out of 14. that's not great on any level. his record will continue to haunt him and whichever club he plays for, and isn't worth the hassle for what he brings when he is free to play.

not trying to be too argumentative mate, but he has cost us big time.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    you must be talking about his efforts on the golf course?

He might have played his backside off, but buggered if i can remember as he's only played four games out of 14. that's not great on any level. his record will continue to haunt him and whichever club he plays for, and isn't worth the hassle for what he brings when he is free to play.

not trying to be too argumentative mate, but he has cost us big time.
    All good mate and I was referring to the games he played, as few as there have been.
    Appreciate that people have their opinions about his record and I don't really disagree with that stance either, but very concerned about the loss of experience.

All good mate and I was referring to the games he played, as few as there have been.
    Appreciate that people have their opinions about his record and I don't really disagree with that stance either, but very concerned about the loss of experience.
    yeah before he got suspended i was happy with how he was going (we were 100% with him in, and 100% loss with him out after 7 rounds.), but his records does inform any talk about about his value for mine.

does he have the experience we want? or is it compromised by the leadership and direction he gives off field?

Id take Shillo, Douglas and Pettys experience as a building block.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTitanFan View Post
    Meanwhile, I read in the newcastle herald the Knights have signed Damien sironen from tweed.

Looks like bs to me.