Page 181 of 281 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 191 231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    The next two or three weeks will determine whether we need to start taking them.
    If you are a Titan and a Queensland supporter you may run the risk of overdosing after Origin 3.
    They weren't for me, they were for the two guys commenting above me. I'm happy with where we are at.

And that's why Kevin Gordon shouldn't be able to talk to the media. Dumbest human on the planet. Guess that undoes any chance of shipping him out.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 28-06-15 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Titans’ Kevin Gordan is fighting to save his contract and future on the Gold Coast
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/nrl/

GOLD Coast winger Kevin Gordon knows he needs to prove himself all over again with his $1 million contract and future at the Titans at risk if he does not reclaim top form this season.

Gordon, who has just started a three-year deal worth $350,000 a season, knows he has fallen down the pecking order under coach Neil Henry this year after spending most of the season playing for Burleigh in the Intrust Super Cup.

The 25-year-old will play only his fifth NRL game of the season against Sydney Roosters at Gosford on Sunday and needs to show Henry he can still make a valuable impact at this level despite “playing on one leg’’.

“I think I have to start from scratch again,’’ Gordon said. “With new coaches you have to prove yourself and start all over again. That is footy.

“It’s been one of my toughest years. I know what I need to do but my body is not allowing me to do it. There is not much I can do I just have to play the best I can with what my body has got at the moment.

“My hip and knee are still playing up. Playing with one leg is going all right at the moment, I just have to put up with it and keep going through the year and hopefully it gets better throughout the year. It’s taken longer than it should.

“(My speed) is probably a little bit better than at the start of the year but I’ve still got a long way to go. One of my legs is all unbalanced and I need to get that back. I’m certainly not at 100 per cent speed yet.’’

Gordon was called told in pre-season had to shape up or ship out. His contract was renewed by previous coach John Cartwright and owner Michael Searle last year and the new Titans regime believe they are not getting value for money.

The Titans would not stand in the way of Gordon leaving, but finding a club who will pick up his hefty price tag is another matter.

Gordon said he had not been told he was free to leave the club but could sense he was under threat given he had spent so much time in the state league.

“They haven’t really said it to me, but you sort of get the gist of it,” he said.

“When they put you back to Queensland Cup you sort of know.’’

Burleigh coach Jim Lenihan has been impressed with Gordon’s attitude at the Bears. He has consistently run for more than 150m and he said it was clear Gordon was more suited to NRL than state league level.

“I still think he can be valuable for the Titans,” Lenihan said. “I wouldn’t say by any means that he’s finished. There is good football in front of him.

“He has a bit of a different reputation about the way he conducts himself, he is a quirky guy and has a following on social media.

Kevin Gordon at the Titans recovery session at Miami pool. Pic John Gass.
    “Whenever he comes back to us he is outstanding. He is a professional, he buys into what we are doing and I never have to question his attitude.

“If the Titans didn’t feel they needed Kevin Gordon at their club, I’m sure he would pick up another club with no problem at all.

“I wouldn’t know what sort of money Kevin is on, but all I can judge him on is how he acts and behaves when he’s back at Burleigh and he’s really good for us.

“Kevin’s career is not over by a long shot, he has a lot of football left in him.’’
    HES WORTH 350K A SEASON? Woow that answers that

Everyone needs to remember that Gordon's contract was done while Carty was still here.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

With parramatta having their cap troubles i think we should be chasing corey norman, from what ive seen he looks like a good player and brings some stability to parra and he could be the perfect foil to elgey

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    With parramatta having their cap troubles i think we should be chasing corey norman, from what ive seen he looks like a good player and brings some stability to parra and he could be the perfect foil to elgey
    They are under the cap now after they took Nathan Peats car off him to fit under the cap. ;-). Norman would be good tho.

I for the most part like to look for the silver lining in some situations. So my silver lining is that if we don't sign a big name for next year we will have some funds there to offer someone should they become available.

Most confusing article I have ever read. They disprove their own article.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227417784784

CANBERRA will up the ante to lure Greg Bird from the Titans if the club can free funds under the salary cap to secure the NSW and Test enforcer.

As Gold Coast prepare to take on the Roosters on Sunday at Central Coast Stadium, the Titans are facing another struggle, to keep Bird away from the clutches of Raiders coach Ricky Stuart.

The Sunday Mail understands Stuart remains on the hunt for a forward firebrand after his priority target, Cowboys hardman James Tamou, cooled on a move to the nation’s capital.

Tamou discussed a possible release with the Cowboys, but North Queensland’s reluctance to subsidise any transfer convinced Stuart to explore other options, including a pursuit of Bird.

The Raiders are targeting Greg Bird. Picture by Scott FletcherSource: News Corp Australia
    Stuart’s mentoring of Bird at former club Cronulla helped turn the back-rower into a NSW Origin player. He believes Bird’s toughness will add mongrel to Canberra’s forward pack, but the Raiders board remain divided over whether the 30-year-old is the right fit for the Green Machine.

Stuart is crunching the salary cap numbers, freeing additional financial space during the week when former Maroons prop David Shillington signed a two-year deal with the Titans.

Whether the Raiders poach Bird ultimately hinges on the forward’s desire to stay at the Titans after a turbulent nine months on the holiday strip.

Stripped of the co-captaincy in pre-season after an off-field indiscretion, Bird is contracted until the end of 2017 but wants to clarify his future with Titans coach Neil Henry.

Bird’s manager Chris Orr said yesterday his client had not asked for a release and was determined to succeed under Henry.

“Greg has never asked me to shop him around,” Orr said.

“Greg is happy to honour his contract and he has no issues with Neil Henry as a coach.’’

“I have not spoken to Ricky Stuart about him. Before Christmas, when Greg had his off-field issue in Byron Bay, people were suggesting then that Greg would go to Canberra and I rang Ricky and said I wouldn’t be using the Raiders as a bargaining chip.’’

Bird recently told The Sunday Mail that while he was upset at losing the captaincy, it was no motivation to quit the club.

“It was disappointing, but at the end of the day, it’s a title, it doesn’t change the way I play or the leadership I can bring to the Titans,” he said.

“When I signed a four-year deal last year, I did it because I wanted to finish my career at the Titans.’’

Bird is gone & I don't think there will be too many tears for him within the club or the supporters , leave him out of the top Squad for the remainder of the season
    #itaintweaktospeak

Evening all , just heard on NBN News , Damien Sironen has signed with Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    Evening all , just heard on NBN News , Damien Sironen has signed with Knights.
    Yeah saw on Twitter as well the same. Maybe Pete or someone can elaborate on why he was not signed by us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Bird is gone & I don't think there will be too many tears for him within the club or the supporters , leave him out of the top Squad for the remainder of the season
    When do you think that it will all come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Yeah saw on Twitter as well the same. Maybe Pete or someone can elaborate on why he was not signed by us.

- - - Updated - - -

When do you think that it will all come out?
    Nope Bird will stay I'm certain about that. Sironen was with us on a Train and trial contract, along with Leva Li, Agnatius Paasi and Jai Ingram. In the end they decided to go with 3 of the 4, and Sironen missed out (I also believe Khan AhWang was originally part of the TnT system).

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Nope Bird will stay I'm certain about that. Sironen was with us on a Train and trial contract, along with Leva Li, Agnatius Paasi and Jai Ingram. In the end they decided to go with 3 of the 4, and Sironen missed out (I also believe Khan AhWang was originally part of the TnT system).
    Pete has a pretty firm group on recruitment and player retention news.

Yeah we all aware of the 4 trialists. Think he's wondering why he wasn't signed, not just that he wasn't. And quite simply it's because Iggy outplayed him in pre season and has proven himself to have deserved that spot.

Broadhurst and Mark Offerdahl were also there for the same length of time that Ahwang was (up until Christmas) although the former 2 got a trial and Ahwang didn't due to injury.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TripleM_N...93402082373632 Well make of it what you want... Believe Pete or King

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TripleM_N...93402082373632 Well make of it what you want... Believe Pete or King
    I have listened to that and I'm not taking sides. Just pointing out a fact. A lot us on here have more inside knowledge then you could dream amigo

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I have listened to that and I'm not taking sides. Just pointing out a fact. A lot us on here have more inside knowledge then you could dream amigo
    lol hahah I don't think you could get more factual than from Kings own mouth. You know who else has a lot of 'inside knowledge'.. TF92 and we saw how that went. All I'm saying is that I'd belive King over someone on this forum (all due respect) any day, and I found something regarding the future of Greg Bird (which you were inquiring about) and it so happened to be from Kings own mouth.