Page 169 of 281 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4213

It's almost a farce to talk about our big signings. Because most are just media speculation because we are in need and have s much cap to spend. Or we have little luck landing them.

Carney? NO WAY. I'm sure that is the universal outcry, especially from the boardroom.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It's almost a farce to talk about our big signings. Because most are just media speculation because we are in need and have s much cap to spend. Or we have little luck landing them.

Carney? NO WAY. I'm sure that is the universal outcry, especially from the boardroom.
    A week ago there was an article saying that Carney has no "get out" clause in his contract. I laugh at my wife for reading new idea but sport journalism is just as fabricated.

Now that Origin and the Dogs game is over I would have hoped Annesley was in Sydney today meeting Hodko and his Manager and getting the deal done. Every other club is moving and I hope we don't get left at the starting gate.

I for one would rather take a risk with Mbye or Martin then Hodko. Even though Martin is untested I would have Mortimer to partner Elgey while they ease Martin into the first grade team. I just think Hodko is average and not what we are after in the long term. If we can't get Martin or Mbye I would rather wait until a better half comes on the market. We need patience.
    Psmitty

Hodkinson is the perfect available halve to correct this ship, a solid no frills player who is the best goal kicker in the comp who just so happens to be playing origin.

There is no one else, build a solid team around him for the next 2-3 yrs and go from there after that.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I for one would rather take a risk with Mbye or Martin then Hodko. Even though Martin is untested I would have Mortimer to partner Elgey while they ease Martin into the first grade team. I just think Hodko is average and not what we are after in the long term. If we can't get Martin or Mbye I would rather wait until a better half comes on the market. We need patience.
    we also need to win games as soon as possible, I don't want 2016 to be another rebuilding season, I want to win games, Hodkinson would be more than fine in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    we also need to win games as soon as possible, I don't want 2016 to be another rebuilding season, I want to win games, Hodkinson would be more than fine in my opinion.
    Couldn't agree more. We cannot wait but also this hit and hope with junior players is just crazy in my opinion. If our juniors come through or some young bloke from another club comes here then well and good but we need success sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Couldn't agree more. We cannot wait but also this hit and hope with junior players is just crazy in my opinion. If our juniors come through or some young bloke from another club comes here then well and good but we need success sooner rather than later.
    I agree. As much as I'd love to see a Te Maire Martin and Kane Elgey halves pairing, that would not get us success immediately, probably not within 3 years. Trent Hodkinson would be excellent, he is no DCE by any means but for crying out loud Hodko is the incumbent NSW half, he's won an origin series, played in a Grand Final, has one of the best strike rates for goal kicking in the NRL and is one of if not the best defensive half. He is our man, and I am more than certain he could at least get us to the 8 next year (assuming we get a couple of hard-working forwards for 2016).

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    A week ago there was an article saying that Carney has no "get out" clause in his contract. I laugh at my wife for reading new idea but sport journalism is just as fabricated.
    Yea aren't that the truth. Probably worse than ever in the age of the internet and the 24hour media cycle.

Still I am very interested in signings of young or value players.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

Problem with Martin and like others have said is he's untested at NRL and even at NSW cup as they haven't brought him up yet if Tigers had the confidence in him he would be playing NSW cup by now.plenty of talent. But Hodgo for me is first choice with a youngster to back him and LG up

the state of league journalism is so bad right now.

so much speculation, written as fact and rarely backed by a quote.

and in the instant media we have, journo's just throw out random odds and guesstimations based on perceived salary cap and what teams want. 'mmm titans have moeny and need a half lets say they are fighting for player x'

the saddest part is, just like the crappy tabloids and kim K tv shows....they do it because there is a market for it. people stay up at night waiting for the latest tweet from moley or massoud telling them where player x 'might' end up, seriously they do. and you can bet the DCE stories, which were mostly merely updates on unknown information got the most 'clicks' on any given day.

so sad.

- - - Updated - - -

agreed renegade.

hodko buys us time to find a kid to develop over the next 3 years. and is a pretty decent option regardless

Kieran Foran set to walk away from Parra deal throw the bank at him & I know there's a nice house in Mermaid that he might cheap too
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Kieran Foran set to walk away from Parra deal throw the bank at him & I know there's a nice house in Mermaid that he might cheap too
    Osshhhh id love to see Foran on the coast. Thats a better combo than the DCE one. LG and Foran, I could live with that

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Yeah he might be able to rent it cheaply. I agree throw the money that we had for DCE at him. I'm sure we could get Similar TPA in place as well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Why would he just walk away from the Parra deal?