Page 166 of 281 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 176 216 266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 4213

:/ Im worried about a couple of things... Gordon marking Maumalo, Maumalo will beat him in the air and is much bigger than Kevvy. Nene vs Konrad, Konnie usually tears us up, and Nenes defence (from what I have seen) is a little patchy, he can't afford to be patchy against Hurrell. However Nene is very quick from what I have seen, and Hurrells defence is suspect at best as well. If we can hold the Warriors out for the first 20-40 minutes, we should hold them out because we are a much much better 2nd half team, and guys like Meady, Jimmy and maybe Nene should run at their forwards a little bit and really tire them out. That's how we can win it.

Junior

Lewis Brown signed with Manly for 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    If Bird had signed with Manly Brown would be coming here
    #itaintweaktospeak

Gold Coast Titans target Daly Cherry-Evans’ Origin rival Trent Hodkinson

PETER BADEL AND TODD BALYM THE COURIER-MAIL JUNE 18, 2015 9:00PM

THE Titans have begun negotiations with Trent Hodkinson as they look to replace Daly Cherry-Evans with the NSW halfback who outpointed him again in Origin II.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Titans have upped the ante in the pursuit of off-contract Hodkinson, who trumped Cherry-Evans to pilot NSW to a 26-18 victory at the MCG and keep their title defence alive.

Queensland legend Wally Lewis on Thursday endorsed the Titans’ interest in Hodkinson, saying the Blues No. 7 could form a formidable union with rising playmaker Kane Elgey.

The Titans have been linked with a number of playmakers, including Parramatta’s Chris Sandow, Roosters’ James Maloney and emerging Canterbury young gun Moses Mbye and Hodkinson is now officially on the their radar.

The 26-year-old’s management have talked with the Titans and while a formal offer has not yet been tabled, the Coast’s interest in Hodkinson is genuine.

Hodkinson might not boast the same bag of tricks as Cherry-Evans but he has proven three times in league’s toughest arena that he has the measure of the NRL’s $10 million man.

The Titans have been forced to desperately scour the player market in the wake of Cherry-Evans’ contractual acrobatics and Lewis sees promise in Hodkinson.

“As a halfback if Trent can handle Origin without any glaring mistakes I think he would certainly would be an attraction for the Titans,” said Lewis, who coached the Gold Coast Seagulls in 1992-93.

“I feel for the Titans. The one hurdle they’ve had is just getting a stable response from blokes on whether they want to be there.

“Hodkinson is on the market and whether he’s the right fit I guess it depends on what the coach (Neil Henry) wants from his halfback.

“Does he want a guy like Trent to suit the players around him or does he take a bolder challenge and shape the rest of the Titans side around Hodkinson?

“Canterbury generally don’t lose players they want to retain, but if they can’t keep Hodkinson he could fit the bill with Elgey at the Titans.”

In an ideal world the Titans would sign Mbye, but his $700,000 price tag is a major impediment, coupled with his contract at Belmore for another 12 months.

It is understood Hodkinson wants a four-year contract extension but the Bulldogs are concerned about his longevity and would prefer a two-year upgrade.

The former Sunshine Coast half has battled knee injuries since his early 20s, outlaying $10,000 last year on stem-cell treatment to keep his NRL career alive.

While the Titans were rocked by the Cherry-Evans saga, Lewis said the club had a playmaking ray of hope in the classy Elgey.

“I like the look of Elgey,” Lewis said. “He reads the play quite well and he’s not afraid to run at the line.

“I’m glad Elgey stayed loyal because he’s one guy the Titans can build their club around.’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nr...-1227404687994

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    If Bird had signed with Manly Brown would be coming here
    So Bird is staying is that we can read into what you have said?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    brown followed his coach from warriors to panthers... is he making first move and waiting for Cleary to make the move?

i know barrett is panthers assistant, but Cleary was a manly player and they do love former players as coaches...

In all honesty, I'd much prefer if we didn't sign Hodkinson unless he was on 500k or under, and for no more than 2 or 3 years. He simply about to reach his expiration date with his ongoing knee problems and I'd doubt he would give us consistent footy. However some of his experience would rub off on LG.

If Hodkinson wants to be paid overs, I'd much rather we sign a young up and coming half like Jaelen Feeney, Mason Lino, Ben Hampton, Moses M'bye (looks doubtful now) or at least someone cheap who can just do the job for a year or two.

I wouldn't mind someone like James Maloney or Fa'amanu Brown at the moment tbh
    Last edited by Pallas; 19-06-15 at 01:12 AM.

i dont know where this concern for his knee has come from

he played 24 games in 2010,
    22 in 2011
    6 in 2012 - (that was his serious knee injury)
    20 games in 2013 - every game after returning the knee in jury in round 6
    25 last year plus 3 origin
    and only missed games due to origin this year.

I don't think a player who has just made origin in last 12 months and a GF is nearing his expiration date. he has only had one injury affected season and hardly missed a game since.

now if we had a scale from 500k for Sezer, including 700k for maloney and ending at DCE at 1.25million.... hodko is worth the least of them all??

is this forum turning in the facebook page??

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    In all honesty, I'd much prefer if we didn't sign Hodkinson unless he was on 500k or under, and for no more than 2 or 3 years. He simply about to reach his expiration date with his ongoing knee problems and I'd doubt he would give us consistent footy. However some of his experience would rub off on LG.

If Hodkinson wants to be paid overs, I'd much rather we sign a young up and coming half like Jaelen Feeney, Mason Lino, Ben Hampton, Moses M'bye (looks doubtful now) or at least someone cheap who can just do the job for a year or two.

No, not Feeney. too injury prone, and never puts his hand up to lead the Knights in the reggies grade.

Sounds like he's already signed with the Sharks, but James Maloney is the ideal partner for Elgey.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i dont know where this concern for his knee has come from

he played 24 games in 2010,
    22 in 2011
    6 in 2012 - (that was his serious knee injury)
    20 games in 2013 - every game after returning the knee in jury in round 6
    25 last year plus 3 origin
    and only missed games due to origin this year.

I don't think a player who has just made origin in last 12 months and a GF is nearing his expiration date. he has only had one injury affected season and hardly missed a game since.

now if we had a scale from 500k for Sezer, including 700k for maloney and ending at DCE at 1.25million.... hodko is worth the least of them all??

is this forum turning in the facebook page??
    I would put Trents value at about $600-$650k but the stem cell treatments on his knees are a slight worry as I feel that there could be a slight risk with them. Your stats above don't lie so not sure where the criticism is coming from. Trent IMO could be a good pick up for us as he is never in the news for the wrong reasons and is only 26. Maloney is 29 so Trent has a slight advantage in youth.

It will be interesting to see if we sign him and for how long as I believe that will give us the clear picture of what the club in thinking in terms of the goals set for the club over the next 2-4 years. At the minute we have only seriously been linked to experience halves so that tells me that the club want results ASAP.

Also just on another player can anyone give any info on Keanu Dawson? Does he look like a good prospect for the club in the future?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post

Jaelen Feeney, Mason Lino - never heard of them. You are obviously happy to keep missing the finals for a few years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Jaelen Feeney, Mason Lino - never heard of them. You are obviously happy to keep missing the finals for a few years to come.
    I've heard of and seen them both play plenty of footy over the last 3 years...

...huge no to them both. Mason is lucky to be playing NSW cup over here. I'd rather we fielded Zillman in the halves 100% srs. I'd take our U18 halfback over them both

I'd be fine with Hodko. He'd be the rock so that LG can do his thing and let's be honest, whoever plays on the right has a pretty easy role - kick, tackle...and give early ball to James Roberts.

Maloney has become unobtainable at 700k/yr and partnering LG with another rookie is too risky and I don't want a Tigers situation. We've got Josh Fauid, Schwass, Lawton, Brimson all coming through the lower grades who can fill that Rookie role alongside LG in a few years time once Hokko hangs up the boots. No more risk in that approach than there is with banking on a rookie now.

Couldn't agree more with HS, we need someone with experience and looks like Maloney has proved himself out, hodgko is that level headed player we need plus can kick goals

We cant afford to have someone in the halves that needs to learn , if we don,t make a good run into the finals over the next few years there will be no support form the Fans, we need a good solid half and i rate Hodgkinson or Maloney the men to do it.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Both Hodko or BBQ will head overseas before accepting $450k.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 19-06-15 at 01:23 PM.