Page 121 of 281 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 4213

Now time to lock up James Roberts.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by tamwe-LG View Post
    That should be next on the agenda. Him and Elgey should be our priority re-signings and now that one can be ticked off the list, we need to make sure the other stays as well. Lock up Jimmy the Jet Titans!
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Hats off to MT as well for having sportsmanship. Other Manly fans calling for our heads on social media and calling us cheats for being 'sponsored' by the NRL. Quite funny to read some of their responses actually

Well done MT
    Thanks mate. I am as biased as hell when it comes to Manly but I live here now and have been a Titans member since day 1 and I just couldn't cop more of what we had the last few years. I look forward going to watch the Titans now and 2016 should be something else. I just hope the Titans marketing team are up to the task.
    As for the Titans being sponsored by the NRL, those people should probably try and find out what Manly offered to LG and then try to analyse why he knocked it back. Obviously he stayed here for much less, which I doubt the NRL can be blamed for!

yeah i'm reading a bit of hate on twitter from Manly fans right now too.

"not enough room on Twitter feed but the NRL help a team who have zip & we can't even get help to upgrade our ground."

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Hats off to MT as well for having sportsmanship. Other Manly fans calling for our heads on social media and calling us cheats for being 'sponsored' by the NRL. Quite funny to read some of their responses actually

Well done MT

- - - Updated - - -

Exhibit A

@Cambo96: @gc_anthony look at you. Didn't know they had internet at mudgeerba caravan park you piece of ****. I hope you die soon
    didnt u call DCE a maggot or something when the backflip story first came out? Then u had the balls to Twitter mortimer (a premiership winning player) telling him he wasn't a halfback?!
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Surely LG electrics must be approached as sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    didnt u call DCE a maggot or something when the backflip story first came out? Then u had the balls to Twitter mortimer (a premiership winning player) telling him he wasn't a halfback?!
    Mate sure but there is a massive difference between having an opinion that Mortimer is a better bench utility than halfback (most would agree on here) and telling someone they should kill themselves and they hopefully will die soon.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 28-04-15 at 09:08 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Surely LG electrics must be approached as sponsor
    Just pinch Soniq from Manly.

Quote Originally Posted by tamwe-LG View Post
    Exactly mate

Love the new ID

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I think that Manager has a stooge in the media who runs some stuff on Twitter to help get the players value up.
    I could be Joshing, Orr I might be right.
    Social media is brilliant for causing a shyte storm which can send a particular group of people into a frenzy as we have seen twice now .... Wrong Orr Right it seems to have done the job
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Just pinch Soniq from Manly.

Kane Elgey rejects Manly Sea Eagles to stay with Gold Coast Titans
    PETER BADEL EXCLUSIVE THE COURIER-MAIL APRIL 29, 2015 12:00AM

KANE Elgey last night spurned a $200,000 bonus at Manly and the chance to work with half-back Immortal Andrew Johns to pledge his future to the Titans.

The magnetic appeal of Titans-bound Daly Cherry-Evans became evident when the Gold Coast staved off Manly to retain their most promising young playmaker.

The Sea Eagles tabled a vastly superior two-year deal and were so eager to snare Elgey the Titans tyro fielded a phone call from Manly assistant coach Johns.

The Test legend spruiked the benefits of mentoring Elgey at Brookvale, but the 21-year-old stayed loyal, opting to learn the nuances of scrumbase play alongside Cherry-Evans.

The Australian Schoolboys sensation will remain at the Titans until the end of 2017, underlining his commitment by sacrificing $200,000 to play for the club that developed him.

The retention of Elgey is a significant coup for the Titans and the first evidence of Cherry-Evans’ pulling power as coach Neil Henry looks to rebuild the Coast as a finals force.

“In the end I wanted to stay on the Gold Coast with my family and friends around me and with my teammates and coaching staff I have a lot of respect for,” Elgey said.

“Definitely the chance to play under probably the greatest half-back of all-time in Andrew Johns was a big consideration in developing my game.

“But I’m happy here and Neil Henry gave me my opportunity in the NRL. He is a great coach and I’m just relieved I have made the decision and can now get on with my football.

“I’m excited to hopefully be able to play with Daly Cherry-Evans too.

“I’m really proud that I’m a local junior who has come through the Titans’ ranks and a lot of people have supported me here.

“I want to repay them and be part of a successful side on Gold Coast.”

The Elgey negotiations took a number of twists and turns. Manly were supremely confident of securing the Tugun Seahawks junior on Monday night, but the Titans improved the terms of their two-year offer.

The Sea Eagles made a last-ditch bid on Tuesday, hitting back with a more lucrative deal, but Elgey showed faith in the Titans club that gave him his NRL debut in round four.

The left-footed Elgey has been a revelation in his opening five games and will be a handy foil for Maroons ace Cherry-Evans after Aidan Sezer recently signed with Canberra.

Elgey’s manager Tas Bartlett said his client’s desire to learn from Cherry-Evans and remain close to his family on the Gold Coast sealed the deal.

“I don’t know where the Manly rumours initiated from. Maybe Manly were confident of a result but we deliberated all day yesterday to come to a decision,” he said.

“Kane had a good chat to ‘Joey’ about adding some polish to his game, but the arrival of ‘DCE’ and the chance to learn from him was too hard to ignore.

“Manly’s offer was more lucrative, but he’s at the start of his NRL career. He has been with the Titans since he was 15 and that journey will continue on an upward spiral.”

Titans coach Neil Henry said: “It’s great news for the club that Kane has agreed to terms for further two years. He is certainly a talent for the future and we hope he is part of this club for a long time to come.”

i have read through the Manly forum a bit...not really to troll as we were a couple of flips of a coin away from losing both DCE and LG (might still lose DCE), just wanted to see how they are feeling and they have about 700 posts in a Kane Elgey thread.

this was the last post, and made me laugh. not cos their pain is funny...i truly feel for them. and weve missed onplayers weve wanted, but 37 pages is excessive.

Now that he is not signing with Manly, can we end the 37 page thread on a player who will never play for Manly.

Thanks bye.

I was just thinking, in the space of two years we have went from having one of the worst spines (Zillman, Sezer, Mortimer, Falloon) to now possibily one of the best in the competition for 2016 (Hoffman, Elgey, DCE, Moseley.) Great work by Neil Henry and co, really impressed.

"SUGAR" Kane , great to see a local poised for a great career. Thank you for the loyalty, I think you will be richly rewarded in years to come.
    We need to learn from this and lock up the next generation as well. "BIO" Hazard , and Jamal Fogerty ("K") are next on the shopping list.

For me, I still think we need a bit of mongrel in the pack and I tend to rate props who have some attitude. Bird and Myles would be difficult to replace and hope that it is possible to retain them both.

Future really looks bright.

He rubs me the wrong way but Titans need Bird imo, that mungrel and competitiveness just doesn't come along that often.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]