Page 11 of 281 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    He won games through lucky intercepts, not good footy. We only need those 1% plays if we play Cartyball and have no legitimate attacking options.
    Fans are more likely to turn up if we're confident of winning than if we're confident of seeing one crazy attacking play in the whole game.
    Yep I would rather a more structured based half rather than a lucky, x factor type of player. Kelly could have been a good impact player from the bench but at least we have more coin to spend on marquee players. Your idea of 'Cartyball' is spot on, we don't need it any more.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never thought of this but there is a few rumours floating around that we may have released Kelly to free up money for Josh Hoffman. What is everyone's thoughts on Hoffy coming here? Where would we play him.

I suppose he would want to play fullback so we could have a 1.Hoffman and 3.Mead combo. I personally would love Hoffman here as I think he is one of the best fullbacks in the game when he is firing. His defence is solid and he runs the ball back with intent and power. On the other hand, if we don't get him I wouldn't be disappointed because Mead would do a great job as well. It's a win win situation.

I'm all for Hoffy coming here, but to say we have to free up cash for him!?...I wouldn't be paying much more than 250-350 per yr as a fb
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Not real fussed with Blair or Kelly leaving, though I'm definitely going to miss the spark Kelly gave us while he was on the field.

Incredible through all these releases, Zilly is still there smelling up the team.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Not real fussed with Blair or Kelly leaving, though I'm definitely going to miss the spark Kelly gave us while he was on the field.

Incredible through all these releases, Zilly is still there smelling up the team.
    Im convinced he has a very good contract.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I will be sad to see Kelly gone to a degree, he was an exciting player to watch, but he did always make me nervous defensively. I also think Blair and Taka had more to offer than what we saw under Carty's reign.(I understand Taka's release was a different situation) But I was one that wanted Carty gone, and am happy to sit back and let Henry have his turn, and if he doesn't want some of the players i love to watch, I will just have to suck it up and assume it is all part of his plan.
    Last edited by Geeman; 19-10-14 at 07:08 PM.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Im convinced he has a very good contract.
    If you were another NRL club would you want Zilly?? :-). His contract could be written on toilet paper, however I believe that there would not be too many clubs lining up. :-).
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    I have never thought of this but there is a few rumours floating around that we may have released Kelly to free up money for Josh Hoffman. What is everyone's thoughts on Hoffy coming here? Where would we play him.

I suppose he would want to play fullback so we could have a 1.Hoffman and 3.Mead combo. I personally would love Hoffman here as I think he is one of the best fullbacks in the game when he is firing. His defence is solid and he runs the ball back with intent and power. On the other hand, if we don't get him I wouldn't be disappointed because Mead would do a great job as well. It's a win win situation.
    I would be happy to have Hoffman but would much prefer Barba, who is also a chance to be cut loose. I will wait to get howled down but I watched Barba pretty closely this year and I thought he worked hard to get involved and did plenty of good things. You don't lose what he had at the Dogs in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    If you were another NRL club would you want Zilly?? :-). His contract could be written on toilet paper, however I believe that there would not be too many clubs lining up. :-).
    The Raiders should have a crack after losing Milford and Robinson. Plus he wouldn't give them any problems off the field

From this weeks RLW Mole Monday Scoops:

O’NEILL TO THE WARRIORS?

Storm utility back Justin O’Neill could be headed to the Titans. O’Neill was linked with the Warriors a couple of weeks ago before the Kiwi club went cold on the move. But new Titans coach Neil Henry wants to strengthen his outside backs and is considering giving O’Neill a start.

Have we still got Taka, or is he gone?
    Last edited by Toads; 20-10-14 at 12:41 PM.

At least O'Neil plays on the left and I hope that commonsense prevails and we get Takairangi back.

1. Mead, 2. O'Neil, 3. Tighe, 4. Takairangi, 5. Don, 6. Sezer, 7. Mortimer (until one of the kids show something).
    Last edited by Titanic; 20-10-14 at 02:41 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    At least O'Neil plays on the left and I hope that commonsense prevails and we get Takairangi back.

1. Mead, 2. O'Neil, 3. Tighe, 4. Takairangi, 5. Don, 6. Sezer, 7. Mortimer (until one of the kids show something).
    What about Roberts?

My back line would be:
    1. Mead
    2. Don
    3. Roberts
    4. O'Neill
    5. KFFL
    6. Sezer
    7. Mortimer/Elgey/Fogarty/Hazard

From the Lurker's Monday Rumour File:

Where to now for Takairangi?

Talented utility back Brad Takairangi is in limbo since the Tigers pulled out of a deal to sign him.
    The Eels came close to picking up the Titans centre/back-rower - but have salary cap problems.
    At this stage, it looks like Takairangi may return to the Titans for 2015.

Did they keep his flat for him? And just for the record, I like Faifailoa but I think he must be vaguely related to Michaels
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'd be happy for Taka to remain in our ranks.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER