Page 224 of 281 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 234 274 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4213

Reports are Ashley Taylor is set to sign for the Titans
    Posted: 25 July, 2015 by Triple M NRL

Ben Dobbin reported on Brisbane's Dead Set Legends that Ashley Taylor will leave the Broncos for the Gold Coast Titans.

Despite the Gold Coast denying the reports Dobbo stated that Taylor will join the struggling Titans in 2016 as he signs "a two year deal with an option of a third."

Taylor has been "outstanding this year" playing at "halfback for the Broncos under 20's" and he is set to partner Kane Elgey in the halves for the 2016 season.

The Broncos starlet has been lighting up the Holden Cup this season and reports are he snubbed multiple clubs to sign a big deal with the Titans, who need to fill the DCE shaped void.

soundbyte

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    BJ has been playing NSW Cup for a couple of weeks since returning from injury & im sure he will be on the Fulton Shyte list, I'd take him on 1 leg over White & I'm sure he'd be cheap
    I've seen nothing to indicate that BJ will be going anywhere.

Written by STAFF WRITERS , July 26, 2015
    THERE’S only one Daly Cherry-Evans . . . for now.

But a DCE clone is running around in the Intrust Super Cup – and he has football managers booking flights to Queensland to witness his talents
    first hand.

Quality halves who are also instinctive footballers are a rare breed, which is why three NRL clubs are interested in Ipswich Jets five-eighth Josh Cleeland.

The Panthers and Titans are two that have taken notice and Jets co-coach Shane Walker insists it’s because Cleeland plays with the same flair as DCE.

“Josh does things in the game that only very elite, crafty footballers do,” Walker says.

“Like Cherry-Evans, he’s quite adept at running sideways and using his dummy. He then has enough speed and footwork to break the line and the poise and sleight of hand to create opportunities.

“Josh has so much time with the ball and he holds it in two hands, a lot like Cherry-Evans.”

Walker wants the 24-year-old to sign with the Panthers because he believes the Ivan Cleary-coached club would suit his style.

“Penrith play a similar game to us in terms of their use of the ball and the way they run angles, so I think they would be a perfect fit for Josh,” he says.

Walker insists Cleeland is the best player in the Intrust Super Cup and the total package. A rare ability to regularly steal the ball off an opponent one-on-one is another of his skills.

“He’s got a long and short kicking game and he’s strong defensively, and he will also strip the ball off an unaware attacker,” Walker says.

“There was a little guy in the 1990s who went across to the Super League called Gavin Clinch and he was known as ‘Clinch the Pinch’.

“Rival teams had a fine system where they used to have to pay a fine of a carton or 50 quid if they got the ball stolen by him. Josh’s a master at it, too.

“He did two in the same game, where we scored a runaway try off one and he saved a try with another steal. He’s always thinking.”

Like Cherry-Evans, Cleeland has learnt his trade in the Intrust Super Cup and is ready for the next step after an injury set him back in his youth.

“He did his cruciate when he was in our colts and he didn’t have private health insurance, so it took him a year to get the operation done,” Walker says.

“Because he wasn’t training or playing, he ballooned out to 115 kilos but he’s back to about 93 now.

“Josh has knuckled down and the fitter he’s got the more confidence he’s got on the back of that.”

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/dce-cl...10919635615955

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I've seen nothing to indicate that BJ will be going anywhere.
    If they leave him in the reggys he won't be staying, BJ on crutches is a far better player than the obviously adopted Burgess
    #itaintweaktospeak

It'd be great to see him return. Though I gotta say, I never understood why a few thought he was a slacker while was with us, back in the day..

Is there a whisper that BJ might be coming back? I would love it if true but worry about his back???
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Is there a whisper that BJ might be coming back? I would love it if true but worry about his back???
    No whisper, just wishful thinking. He has just come back after months out and that's why he isn't in the nrl team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    No whisper, just wishful thinking. He has just come back after months out and that's why he isn't in the nrl team yet.
    Thanks mate. Just wasn't sure I missed anything.

For what it's worth I believe he shouldn't have been let go he was developing really well and could have been a great forward leader for our club.

Looks like Parcell is off to Manly.

Remember lads. The new rule changes will force the bigger boys out of the game. The likes of White, Rose, Galloway(already gone) who have little footwork/speed/minutes will need to go to england or play out their time in the lower grades.

Parcell to Manly..would it be worth going for Ballin?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Parcell to Manly..would it be worth going for Ballin?
    Didn't he extend his contract for another two years earlier this year? If so, definitely worth going for, if it means Manly pick up some of the tab...

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Didn't he extend his contract for another two years earlier this year? If so, definitely worth going for, if it means Manly pick up some of the tab...
    Yeah Manly extended him for two more years only three months ago and now there is talk that they want to move him on - how's that for useless management and disloyalty to a great club man if true.

So we miss another one in Parcell (if we went for him that is) and he has gone to Manly when they have already signed Koroisau for next year. I assume that they intend to play one of these two in the halves to replace Foran, but yet another that bypasses the Coast to head to Sydney.

I read on the weekend and again in the rumours area of LU that we are interested in Tony Williams. I just hope to hell that has no foundation to it as it would just about do me. Get rid of one log in Taylor and bring in a bigger one who has had one decent year in the last four. Surely not.

I thought the article in today's Bully with quotes from Rebecca Frizelle was good and she made some good points. I agree with her comment that we need to give Neil Henry time to build and sign the players he wants but based on the evidence so far, just who is he interested in.

Yeah, yeah I know, just be patient.

Tony Williams? No thank you. I'm hearing Zeb Taias name a lot but I don't know much about him. I'd sooner chuck the $$ and possibly land Surgess. Let's just hope can land the bronco that matters in Ash Taylor. I wouldn't mind Matt Ballin here at all, although Parcell would've been lethal with the new interchange rule.

Matt Ballin made it clear by saying he'll play out his two year contract with Manly even if it means NSW cup. He's doing a "Srama".

Ok heres some wishful thinking. Both Fifita's get the sack and we have the salary cap for them. They can come here and abuse JRL refs all they want cause every other parent on the Gold Coast does it anyway.