Page 57 of 281 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    so 2 natural halfbacks in the team? Don't think so
    Worked well for Souths.
    A huge fan of the Bulldogs but first and foremost an fan of the game and the game needs the Gold Coast Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by CanterburyMember View Post
    Worked well for Souths.
    in 20 min spurts and even then Sutton was on the field a lot of the time. I'd rather have dce and lg on the field in Titans colours than not
    Last edited by teke; 03-03-15 at 01:51 AM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Jarryd Hayne announcement has probably put the DCE announcement off for a little bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    in 20 min spurts and even then Sutton was on the field a lot of the time. I'd rather have dce and lg on the field in Titans colours than not
    That was the beginning. Interesting to see how it involves, I wouldn't gamble against it.
    A huge fan of the Bulldogs but first and foremost an fan of the game and the game needs the Gold Coast Titans!

From Leva Li's instagram

Proud to say I'll be a Titan for the next two years....
    Congrats to the kid for earning a contract. Hope for big things from him

Jarryd Hayne announcement has probably put the DCE announcement off for a little bit now.

That was the beginning. Interesting to see how it involves, I wouldn't gamble against it.
    i know what you are saying, but i reckon DCe would have loved to drop the bomb during Haynes presser.

no reason for him to want it to be a big deal a day before new season, unless he is staying. if he is leaving manly i think hed want as little fuss as possible and to get back to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i know what you are saying, but i reckon DCe would have loved to drop the bomb during Haynes presser.

no reason for him to want it to be a big deal a day before new season, unless he is staying. if he is leaving manly i think hed want as little fuss as possible and to get back to the game.

it wouldn't matter what DCE the person would want. The decision comes down to what get the most positive exposure for whatever club and that club's partners.

Its the way the world works, especially the business world.

For real??

Manly have pulled their contract offer to DCE off the table.

it wouldn't matter what DCE the person would want. The decision comes down to what get the most positive exposure for whatever club and that club's partners.

Its the way the world works, especially the business world.
    i very much doubt there will be a press conference with Daly holding up a titans jersey if he signed with us. people can barely handle players signing for a season away as it is. he might do a doorstop presser, but i wouldnt be suprised if its just a press release. If he re signs with manly then he might sit at a table and announce it.

our club even making a song and dance about it would be classless also. we need to be big enough to know its a huge boost but not rub the games fans up by announcing a player that signed almost due to us going broke and getting bailed out.

it would be huge news for club he signs with and first on every sports bulletin and back page of papers if it was only a confirmed tweet from daly or his manager.

i feel like we will have different opinions on this no matter what, which is fine, and we shall see who is closer to the money in next couple of days i imagine.

There's not much win for anybody accept the player now - 50% of the fans will be ecstatic (that's us) and 50% will be peeved (that's them) but announcing it now-ish just detracts from whatever effort our blokes are going to put in which is really in poor taste.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    There's not much win for anybody accept the player now - 50% of the fans will be ecstatic (that's us) and 50% will be peeved (that's them) but announcing it now-ish just detracts from whatever effort our blokes are going to put in which is really in poor taste.
    Well put. Manly are trying to prepare for a game in 48 with this going on. If DCE announces he is coming here in the next few days/weeks then the likes of Sezer, Mortimer and LG wonder what the future is for them as the season just starts. You also have the situation that if DCE and Merrin have a couple of bad games people will say that they are already looking to next year. It's a very unsatisfactory situation allround.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i very much doubt there will be a press conference with Daly holding up a titans jersey if he signed with us. people can barely handle players signing for a season away as it is. he might do a doorstop presser, but i wouldnt be suprised if its just a press release. If he re signs with manly then he might sit at a table and announce it.

our club even making a song and dance about it would be classless also. we need to be big enough to know its a huge boost but not rub the games fans up by announcing a player that signed almost due to us going broke and getting bailed out.

it would be huge news for club he signs with and first on every sports bulletin and back page of papers if it was only a confirmed tweet from daly or his manager.

i feel like we will have different opinions on this no matter what, which is fine, and we shall see who is closer to the money in next couple of days i imagine.
    I didnt state there would be a press conference or DCE holding any Titans gear. What I stated is that the decision will announced when it has the potential to get the most exposure. It may well come as a tweet or a press release or whatever but it'll come then.

Got to remember these days, the player is a brand in itself and any player manager worth their large pay checks knows this and wouldn't allow such a client to make such a huge and career defining decision be overshadowed by anything else.

Now that we have signed DCE I am super keen to see who else we can manage to sign. We need to be astute with signings and hopefully pick up some bargains.

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Now that we have signed DCE I am super keen to see who else we can manage to sign. We need to be astute with signings and hopefully pick up some bargains.
    recent signings since the new recruiting team have been astute, but now there will be a bit more cred and interest from topm level players to fill gaps around role players we have signed like pettybourne and hala

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    I think we have enough bargains for now, we need to pick up a couple of other key position players and work over the rest of the roster.