Page 142 of 281 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 4213
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Cherry-Evans View Post
    Also Alex Glenn is set to resign with them as well.
    Very young age to resign, all the best to him. :P

I'll take Mcqueen, I think we need a player like him tbh.

This sounds like a more plausible reason that Roberts hasn't signed.

CANBERRA’s massive bid for star Knights centre Joey Leilua has had a knock-on effect – boosting the Gold Coast’s hopes of retaining gun speedster James Roberts for 2016.

The Titans were resigned to losing Roberts after Raiders coach Ricky Stuart set his sights on a strike centre – and had big dollars to throw around. The Raiders now look like snaring Leilua instead, who has activated a get-out-clause with one year remaining on his Knights contract.

The Raiders will now drop off Roberts, giving the Titans the inside running to retain their match-winning centre. Roberts has been one of the form outside backs of the early rounds of 2015, winning the Titans several games with his blistering speed.

Meanwhile, Stuart is slowly but surely building a strong side for 2016, with Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer and Leilua ready to give the Green Machine much more strike power out wide, and Cowboy James Tamou likely to add grunt up front.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/leiluas-raiders-move-affects-roberts/

Last edited by Titanic; 25-05-15 at 11:11 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This sounds like a more plausible reason that Roberts hasn't signed.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/leiluas-raiders-move-affects-roberts/

I find it hard to believe that is remotely true regarding James.

If you follow him outside of footy (social media for e.g.) you'll know why

As much as I don't doubt your sources, I would ask which footballer runs their own life?

As much as I don't doubt your sources, I would ask which footballer runs their own life?
    Corey Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Corey Parker
    One out of several hundred sadly puts it in my favour player managers and the RLPA close behind are a blight on the game with the ARLC needing a good slapping for allowing it to get to this stage.

How's our juniors going and will they get a look in our squads for next year ?

One out of several hundred sadly puts it in my favour player managers and the RLPA close behind are a blight on the game with the ARLC needing a good slapping for allowing it to get to this stage.
    I understand that and don't disagree. However I stand by what I say regarding Roberts. Plus he isn't managed by the Orr's so we can have slightly more confidence.

Junior

If DCE back flips, I've said this before but what about Shaun Nona as an option. Stuck behind Cronk, Green and Hampton at the storm. Will have learnt plenty there and he's also very proven at QCup level.

Might be going down the Tigers path of two young halves and up the chase for Ashley Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed88 View Post
    How's our juniors going and will they get a look in our squads for next year ?
    Injuries have dealt us an inconsistent season with our forward pack being different every week. Promising signs though and better than previous years.

A few of them will. Karl Lawton has been signed to a 2 year NRL deal. Coleman and Hudson trained with NRL last off season and will get the same again next pre-season. Guys like (IMO) Brian Kelly, Schwass x2 are deserving of the same thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    A few of them will. Karl Lawton has been signed to a 2 year NRL deal. Coleman and Hudson trained with NRL last off season and will get the same again next pre-season. Guys like (IMO) Brian Kelly, Schwass x2 are deserving of the same thing too.
    What I can't understand is, they have signed Lawton but not two of our best in Coleman & Hudson. If they don't do something quick they will lose our top juniors to other NRL clubs

Jayden Nikorima, Ash Taylor, Ben Hampton are worth looking at. If DCE doesn't come I'd be putting Valentine Holmes on the list for future players worth having a big crack at.

Rep Player

Titansfan92 I know you are no doubt copping a thooouuusand questions but I was just wondering who are we still looking at for next year?