Page 241 of 281 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 251 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 4213

Why can't we get Scotty Prince to help mentor our young halves next year?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Why can't we get Scotty Prince to help mentor our young halves next year?
    Not sure what his feelings would be toward the Titans after we punted him to the Broncos for the last year of his contract, to be then punted by the Broncos. At least he got a free house out of us.

^ Haha true, I forgot about all of that. Water under the bridge as they say.

Well, with David Shillington's brain explosion last night, are we seeing our new signing potentially being suspended for a chunk of next season?

I'm not worried about his headbutt ... pity he didn't connect.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Well, with David Shillington's brain explosion last night, are we seeing our new signing potentially being suspended for a chunk of next season?
    He's free to play next week

So thinking more about the whole potential signing of Tyronne Roberts and or Issac Johns it will give us some depth and experience without paying a lot for them. As a few have said we can then bring Taylor into the side slowly and build him up. My feeling is that Uncle Wayne has given his blessing for him to come here but maybe with a few conditions hence why Wayne Bennett has cautioned Titans for not throwing Taylor in the deep end.

On another note I would like us to retain Fogarty as I think that he has a bit to offer us as does Schwass in the halves.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    So thinking more about the whole potential signing of Tyronne Roberts and or Issac Johns it will give us some depth and experience without paying a lot for them. As a few have said we can then bring Taylor into the side slowly and build him up. My feeling is that Uncle Wayne has given his blessing for him to come here but maybe with a few conditions hence why Wayne Bennett has cautioned Titans for not throwing Taylor in the deep end.

On another note I would like us to retain Fogarty as I think that he has a bit to offer us as does Schwass in the halves.
    BT, I agree with this wholeheartedly and I reckon the only downside with this could be the selection antics that our coaches over the last eight years seem to have been able to come with.

Sadly, I think our coaches delight in discovering new ways to pick teams that can't or won't play as team.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

CONFIRMED: Roberts to join Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

https://mobile.twitter.com/badel_cma...30995739803648

Tyrone Roberts signs for Titans after help from Broncos coach Wayne Bennett
    Peter Badel The Courier-Mail
    August 11, 2015 7:00PM

THE Titans have signed Newcastle playmaker Tyrone Roberts after Wayne Bennett helped orchestrate a $400,000 recruitment coup for the Broncos’ Queensland rivals.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Gold Coast have continued their recruitment drive with the purchase of the Knights No. 7, who will join his cousin, Titans flyer James Roberts, until the end of 2017.

Roberts has yet to put pen to paper but has agreed terms on a two-year deal.

Titans hierarchy will formally announce his signing in coming days after the Knights agreed to release Roberts from the final year of his Newcastle contract.

A pivotal figure in Roberts’ transfer was Bennett, who advised the 24-year-old to start afresh at the Titans after his axing to the NSW Cup in June.

The Broncos master coach has now played a key role in delivering two playmakers to the Titans, releasing boom Brisbane under-20s halfback Ashley Taylor last week.

Bennett was a valued mentor to Roberts during his three-year stint in Newcastle and the veteran coach has backed his former No. 7 to spearhead a Titans revival.

“He’s a good buy for the Titans,” Bennett said.

“I’ll be honest, I spoke to Tyrone just recently and I said he should go, I thought the Titans would be good for him.

“I saw an opportunity for him at that club and he will be successful there.

“I have a lot of time for Tyrone. He just needs the Titans to believe in him because he is highly-skilled. He has a great attitude to training. He is low maintenance, he’s not a difficult guy to coach.

“His challenge is to get the confidence to do well, it will be his fifth year in the NRL next year and I can assure you this level is not beyond him.”

Bennett lauded Roberts’ character in overcoming a rough childhood to reach the NRL.

As a 14-year-old, he lived in an Aboriginal refuge in Newcastle, a period Roberts credits for instilling the discipline to chase his first-grade dreams.

Born in the far-north NSW town of Grafton, Roberts played 79 consecutive NRL games for the Knights before his streak ended after suffering an ankle injury in May.

The signing of Roberts adds much-needed depth to the Titans’ scrumbase as he, Taylor and Kane Elgey prepare to wage a three-way shootout for two halves spots.

“Ashley is going there to play NRL so it’s for the Titans to sort out,” Bennett said.

“Ash needs to play NRL, that’s why I let him go.

“Clubs will make their decisions. Ashley and Tyrone will be there so they just have to get on with life and do their best. There is always competition for spots in the NRL which is healthy.”

Roberts is the Titans’ fifth signing in recent weeks, joining Taylor, Raiders prop David Shillington, Warriors rake Nathan Friend and former Knights back-rower Zeb Taia.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Not sure how I feel tbh, I hope Ash knew our intentions with T.Roberts before signing :/

halves get injured and we have three options now..although to be fair they are all 7's technically.

Bennett doesnt bullchit for the sake of it, and he is right - Tyrone is highly skilled, kicking, passing, goal kicking and running.

our last few weeks have seen some signings and im pretty happy with it tbh. no world beaters, but we are building a squad slowly and im on board.

Good news: Falloon won't be here 2016 confirmed. NRL.com

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Tyrone Roberts signs for Titans after help from Broncos coach Wayne Bennett
    Peter Badel The Courier-Mail
    August 11, 2015 7:00PM

THE Titans have signed Newcastle playmaker Tyrone Roberts after Wayne Bennett helped orchestrate a $400,000 recruitment coup for the Broncos’ Queensland rivals.
    I feel we should repay the favour and orchestrate our own 'coup' for the Broncos. Maybe a full back or winger we have gathering dust?

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I feel we should repay the favour and orchestrate our own 'coup' for the Broncos. Maybe a full back or winger we have gathering dust?
    Will Zillman, Kev Gordon and Matt White. They'll give good depth to the Broncos