Page 176 of 281 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Dobbo doesn't get much right. In relation to Bird I am worried about our loss of experience and as he was going ok before he got suspended I am of the view that we should keep him.
    Bird always makes himself good, but his problem is demanding the ball, hogging it, getting in the way of our backs and making his team mates look/play bad. Plus all the penalties etc.

I can't see how any of the Coke cowboys could be attractive offers to other clubs considering they still have to face court.

Just re-capping, Dubbo was the one that said that Tamou was 100% going to Canberra.....yeah, I think he gets his info off Face Book.

Bird has been quoted as saying he had a chat to Henry and sorted their issues. If they haven't, then move on. No one is irreplaceable and have fun in sunny Canberra.

@brentread_7: Hearing Dave Shillington is weighing up Newcastle and Gold Coast. Tip is he will join Titans
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Junior

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227414000132

Now we being linked to Carney and Birdy definitely leaving... lol speculations flying all over the show.

Good replacement for Myles, but we will get a few extra metres out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    David Shillington for Sezer and possibly Bird?! Are we sure Neil Henry isn't still wearing green undies?? Hard to be excited about this signing personally.

Raiders clean-out and strategic recruitment going much better than ours imo, and that's saying something...

Junior

from me re Shillington. Chews up the yards most games and a wealth of experience to share with our younger boys on a short (two year) contract. Win win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    David Shillington for Sezer and possibly Bird?! Are we sure Neil Henry isn't still wearing green undies?? Hard to be excited about this signing personally.

Raiders clean-out and strategic recruitment going much better than ours imo, and that's saying something...
    I hear you K2G but our woes, including losing Sezer, all stem from one act...namely DCE's odious and untimely backflip. Otherwise I've been impressed with some of our acquisitions.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Has he been playing this season? He seems to have a few ongoing injuries.

If he stays on the park, he'll be a good leader for the Titans pack.

Should have given him a 1 year deal though.

Bird leaving will be a great move. A decent footballer but from all accounts a complete peanut off the field. he seems to be suspended or injured a lot as well. Time to invest in youth and hope the culture change and Neil Henry coaching methods can take us places.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Has he been playing this season? He seems to have a few ongoing injuries.

If he stays on the park, he'll be a good leader for the Titans pack.

Should have given him a 1 year deal though.
    Yep, has come back from injury and been fantastic for Canberra.

I think this is a very good signing. A veteran, still playing well and can be a leader. An upgrade over Myles and probably cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    from me re Shillington. Chews up the yards most games and a wealth of experience to share with our younger boys on a short (two year) contract. Win win.

I hear you K2G but our woes, including losing Sezer, all stem from one act...namely DCE's odious and untimely backflip. Otherwise I've been impressed with some of our acquisitions.
    Yeah mate, I'm just kicking stones I suppose. I really like Nene, and think Chadman (coined and minted) is an upgrade on Falloon and Srama, and I totally see the upside in Shillo. He's strung a couple of solid performances together recently (being told you're unwanted will do that to you), but his age and injury history, and his general level of output over the past two or three seasons, is like i said, hard to be excited about. No doubt we signed him as much for his on-filed production, as for what he provides off it; what with our exodus of experience, but i dare say Titans fans are the only footy fans in the country that would see Shillo as an upgrade on Myles. We do need workers though, and his effort, ethic and professionalism towards preparation will be welcomed.

As for how our team is shaping up, generally I'm happy to see Myles, Bird, Taylor go - but if we're shopping around underachieving, contracted players seeing the backs of Zillman and Falloon make more sense to me. I like the core of the team that remains, and the style of play we are slowly refining. I get that the DCE buttf*ck threw our R&R plans for a loop, but seriously; he was never going to fix all our problems, we have always needed better go forward and grunt in the middle, we were always starring down the barrel of losing some over-paid/underperforming forwards and I just hope Henry and Mathiou and Co. are being aggressive in the market to bring us that top-tier guy the team so clearly needs.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    but his age and injury history, and his general level of output over the past two or three seasons, is like i said, hard to be excited about. No doubt we signed him as much for his on-filed production, as for what he provides off it; what with our exodus of experience, but i dare say Titans fans are the only footy fans in the country that would see Shillo as an upgrade on Myles. We do need workers though, and his effort, ethic and professionalism towards preparation will be welcomed.
    For the last few seasons Shillington has averaged more metres, missed less tackles, broken more tackles and made less errors than Myles and apart from this season, theyve played a similar amount of games for the last few seasons. Just because your average fan might think its bad signing doesnt make it so.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by NYCDB View Post
    For the last few seasons Shillington has averaged more metres, missed less tackles, broken more tackles and made less errors than Myles and apart from this season, theyve played a similar amount of games for the last few seasons. Just because your average fan might think its bad signing doesnt make it so.
    Myles and myles of f*** all!
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

I for one am happy with Shillo's signing. Agree with those looking at his stats over Myles stats. I think we have signed a good solid prop that we can start with Dougie. He will be a good mentor for the young forwards as well. I think having P1 and P2 as prop rotations off the bench gives us some good go forward. Also Shillo moving from Canberra and his family in Brisbane will help invigorate him as well. A two year contract to finish on good enough for me.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady