Page 276 of 281 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    He's not on the market and the way Manly carried on last time he broke a contract and then the last time he was rumoured to break a contract it's never going to happen. He's in the back end of his contract with Manly and given the injuries he had last year I wouldn't touch him. Money spent better elsewhere or at least making Manly pay overs for Tapau if we can't snag him (assuming he is actually on the market).
    Fair call. I'm still holding out hope for Tapau but yeah I'm clutching at straws.

It's been reported that either Copley or Maranta from the Broncos won't be at the club next year who would you like to see our club have a crack at. My pick would be Copley big lad and a centre that could complete our backline pretty well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

As I've been saying for months...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227570686952

The Titans are positioned well with their salary cap. Annesley declined to state the amount of cash they had to spend under the cap but it is understood to be around $750,000 for 2016.

That could buy two quality NRL players but the Titans are waiting for those to appear rather than committing early.

“Players will come on to the market and we want the right ones,” Annesley said.

Annesley has shown really good patience this year, to make sure we dont make more poor short term decision based on appeasing impatient fans or media.

We are still feeling effects of bad stadium deal, contracts to average players etc, and had no sponsor, no home ground.

but for each thing he waits for the 'right' opportunity rather than the first one, or the third or the fifth.

He could have sold our sponsorship much sooner for much less to keep people happy. but he waited and found a rich deal.

I know some people feel he is too slow to do things, but i applaud the thoroughness in the face of continual adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    It's been reported that either Copley or Maranta from the Broncos won't be at the club next year who would you like to see our club have a crack at. My pick would be Copley big lad and a centre that could complete our backline pretty well.
    I thought Maranta was like a legacy signing for the Broncos. If we go after either I'd prefer Copley too.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Annesley has shown really good patience this year, to make sure we dont make more poor short term decision based on appeasing impatient fans or media.

We are still feeling effects of bad stadium deal, contracts to average players etc, and had no sponsor, no home ground.

but for each thing he waits for the 'right' opportunity rather than the first one, or the third or the fifth.

He could have sold our sponsorship much sooner for much less to keep people happy. but he waited and found a rich deal.

I know some people feel he is too slow to do things, but i applaud the thoroughness in the face of continual adversity.
    You make some interesting and fair points DB however in the interest of playing devil's advocate (I know you'd be disappointed if I didn't) I'll make the following comments.

I'll stick by my views that things happen far too slowly around the club. I think we have been left at the starting gate with signings but I've banged on enough about that. However the club cannot afford to miss the finals next season and not build on the improvements of this year. We seem to be on the nose with potential signings/their managers and I'm not sure how that is going to be changed.

In relation to the sponsorship deal I thought I read that Rebecca met the sponsor at a business lunch - I don't think Graham found them. I could be wrong though.

As for the Training centre............that has become a joke and must be affecting our chances of signing some blokes.

I agree completely about the adversity we have faced and the ridiculous signings that Graham/Henry have been lumbered with but some of those reasons have just about been cleared away with the big changes to our roster for next season and hopefully we will have an incident free off season.

Yep, I am one of those impatient fans that you refer to, and with good reason in my book. However against my concerns you add the voice of supreme optimism which is a good thing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I thought Maranta was like a legacy signing for the Broncos. If we go after either I'd prefer Copley too.
    Maranta played 20 games but when it became serious Bennett didn't select him … that says something considering his relationship with the family.

As for Annersley, don't start me plus Taumalolo poured a bucket of sh1t on Henry in a RLW I read this week (sorry hard copy so no link).

But I do agree that unless it's Teo or maybe Taupau I am not interested … just train hard lads.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    But I do agree that unless it's Teo or maybe Taupau I am not interested … just train hard lads.
    ^^ This bit..

I think Maranta lost his spot to Oates who proved hard to leave out with his size and strength.

Although Oates' goal line defending and decision making on when to come in might end up hurting them one day...oh wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I think Maranta lost his spot to Oates who proved hard to leave out with his size and strength.

Although Oates' goal line defending and decision making on when to come in might end up hurting them one day...oh wait what?
    Hahah. Yep can't question where they finished.

Had same thought as you did. Maranta played pretty well when he has his chance.

I remember Maranta being one of the few players I have seen cross the try line 5 times for no meat pie.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I think that if we don't get/aren't after John Olive, I think we should have a look at Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad from the Storm. Not only does he have a cool name but he's also a very good player who can play anywhere in the backline. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F1HPBf2vuqA Just an idea
    Last edited by TitanSam; 19-10-15 at 03:44 PM.

Konrad Hurell??

I read he may be available as warriors have said he can look elsewhere ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Konrad Hurell??

I read he may be available as warriors have said he can look elsewhere ?
    I just read that too. I doubt he would be the kind of player that Henry will be after given the people we have shown the door this year. He's more after players that will be solid both on and off the field and going by last years on and off field performances Hurrell doesn't fit that description. From the outside looking in he typifies the "player with unrealised potential". We just showed one of them to the door. With access to Nathan Friend I guess he would be the best person to ask if the club were considering it.

With Cleary being sacked maybe Penrith may off load players once a new coach appointed. However no one there I see would interest me.