Page 200 of 281 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 210 250 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    My 2016 lineup
    1. Hoffman
    2. Mead
    3. J. Roberts
    4. Macdonald
    5. Don/Vidot
    6. T. Roberts
    7. Elgey(vc)
    8. Douglas
    9. Moseley
    10. James(c)
    11. Bird
    12. Glenn(vc)
    13. Pettybourne
    14. Hala(if hes back to his best)
    15. Burr
    16. Tuiasau
    17. A. Taylor

For those concerned about the halves pairing, I honestly don't mind Roberts and have taylor off the bench or play his way into the starting side. Also I was thinking how good it would be to have Scott prince back at the club as a halves coach even though I think he does work with the Bronx and was probably left with a sour taste here. I don't know just an idea?
    Vidot is not qualified to polish Dons boots
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Might just clarify I think.
    Foran started in first grade with Manly in 2009 and played 9 games that year and a full season in 2010 including the Anzac test for the Kiwis. DCE came in to the NRL team in 2011 by which time Foran had a season and a half and a test under his belt.
    Therefore Manly did not have two inexperienced halves in 2011 and to compare that situation with what the Titans might have next season is wrong in my opinion.
    It's also worth remembering that DCE had a full season in the Queensland Cup - winning the competition's Player of the Year Award and captaining his side for much of the season - in 2010. So, he was certainly a lot more experienced and credentialed than a rookie making the transition from the Under 20s competition.

On Facebook NRL rumours it has us signing Ash Taylor and T Roberts and then the Broncos signing Dave Taylor.

I would want Glenn in a player swap for Taylor.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    On Facebook NRL rumours it has us signing Ash Taylor and T Roberts and then the Broncos signing Dave Taylor.

I would be very surprised by D Taylor to Broncos. I don't think Bennett was a fan.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post

Can want Glenn all you want but won't be happening any time soon. Lol. Well I'm hoping anyway haha my reputation is still on the line lol lol lol

From reading the rumours on that page (NRL updates), we shouldn't believe anything they say. They are full of crap with their rumours.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Anyone know if Brian Kelly or oshea Tuiasau have signed for next year? Kelly obviously killed it scoring 4 tries and from what I seen Tuiasau played solid off the bench. Both good young talent, surely can't let them go

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    [QUOTE
    Agree with you there. We can in theory include this year as being LG first year. Next year we could have another young half so a similar situation to Manly.
    Might just clarify I think.
    Foran started in first grade with Manly in 2009 and played 9 games that year and a full season in 2010 including the Anzac test for the Kiwis. DCE came in to the NRL team in 2011 by which time Foran had a season and a half and a test under his belt.
    Therefore Manly did not have two inexperienced halves in 2011 and to compare that situation with what the Titans might have next season is wrong in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

The only difference is Foran was more experienced than Elgey would be. But as i said its the closest recent example. I wasnt trying to say it was like for like.
    A huge fan of the Bulldogs but first and foremost an fan of the game and the game needs the Gold Coast Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I would be very surprised by D Taylor to Broncos. I don't think Bennett was a fan.
    Beat me to it. I would be happy if it happened though.

I have a feeling We will sign both Roberts and Ash Taylor so Roberts fills the gap for a season while Taylor slowly comes into the side whilst playing and maturing a little bit in QCUP then after maybe half a season or so he'll be a starter, just a feeling I've got

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I have a feeling We will sign both Roberts and Ash Taylor so Roberts fills the gap for a season while Taylor slowly comes into the side whilst playing and maturing a little bit in QCUP then after maybe half a season or so he'll be a starter, just a feeling I've got
    I hope you are right. Although Tyrone Roberts was not on my wish list I think his signing (and Taylors) would be the best result all round. What I saw last night in the early game made me think Taylor is a way from NRL standard yet but has obvious talent.
    I don't know why Roberts has gone backwards in the last 18 months but I do remember some good performances before that. Besides beggars can't be choosers and we are beggars at the moment.

Knights are a mess from the top down that's why their players have stalled over the last 2 yrs.

Roberts is a good footy player and If the Titans signed him and a young prospect it would be a great move having 3 playmakers on the books.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    My exact thought when reading BT's comment

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    My exact thought when reading BT's comment
    I was just passing on what was said in the NRL Rumours Facebook Page at around 6pm. It states ;

"+The Brisbane Broncos are rumoured to throw a NRL lifeline to Titans second rower David Taylor".

I was surprised to read that after that it has been reported years ago that Bennett let him leave ( or pushed him ) the Broncos to go to Souths. So confused what Bennett thinks he can do now ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Yup, my comment wasn't directed at you personally, BT. It was more of a shock that a rumour of that calibre would grow any legs, considering Bennett is back at the Donkies.