Page 198 of 281 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 208 248 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    if we sign him I think that'll do it for me, I can handle the drug scandals DCE backflipping, the constant years of disappointing results, but signing Tyrone Roberts when there is actual TALENT on the player market I think I'll have to find another club, sorry guys.
    Make sure you rename your username, seeya
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

if we sign him I think that'll do it for me, I can handle the drug scandals DCE backflipping, the constant years of disappointing results, but signing Tyrone Roberts when there is actual TALENT on the player market I think I'll have to find another club, sorry guys.
    i think signing an honest player who wants to play here is better than DCE backflip, drugs scandal by far.

we tried for DCE, Hodko and for whatever reason they didnt want to join, whats wrong with taking a punt? he will be cheap and has an upside. we have made many worse signings, and even since king / mathiou have been in charge, they have made some interesting choices, and almost all have paid off, or if not quite worked, but didnt cost us alot anyways.

i put him in that basket. he has had more good games than Aiden Sezer has.

Disappointing stance mate and I wonder how deep your support is if you can ditch a club just like that.

I have lead the charge for us to sign an established half and have copped plenty of counter arguments why we should stick with untried juniors. I disagree with that approach completely but if that is the way the coaching staff went then I would have supported it. Tyrone is at the bottom of my list as far as an established half goes but if he comes here then we need to support him - and any other player for that matter.

Had the club not changed coaching staff after last season and just kept copping mediocrity then by all means then withdraw support. However the club changed coaching staff, the playing style is now one of the best to watch, sorted out ownership (partly for now), and have attracted a number of new and substantial sponsors in the past few weeks. One signing that may be disappointing in your eyes should not be enough for you to throw your toys out of the cot.

I'm happy for us to sign Roberts, a long as we sign one of the young halves mentioned in this thread. Use Roberts as a backup/fill in until Martin/Taylor is ready to step in.

Cover up or the truth?

@travismeyn: Neil Henry said the @GCTitans have definitely not met with Tyrone Roberts today. #nrl
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Cover up or the truth?

@travismeyn: Neil Henry said the @GCTitans have definitely not met with Tyrone Roberts today. #nrl
    still doesn't rule out him as a halves option though

I think the drama should be about when will Zillman rear his head again ... this worries me constantly.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think the drama should be about when will Zillman rear his head again ... this worries me constantly.

Until he's gone we won't be shed of the Cartwrong era
    #itaintweaktospeak

Paddy Kilmurray said there was no truth to the Roberts at the Gold Coast rumours today and he trained with Newcastle. Says we are definitely interested though.

@paddykilmurray:gc_anthony @nbnnews no, he trained in Newcastle. They are interested though
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 07-07-15 at 05:40 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Junior

Paddy Kilmurray said there was no truth to the Roberts at the Gold Coast rumours today and he trained with Newcastle. Says we are definitely interested though.

@paddykilmurray:gc_anthony @nbnnews no, he trained in Newcastle. They are interested though
    Neil Henry also said on the news tonight that neither he nor anyone from the Titans had met with Roberts today. lol

Rumour on Twitter tonight that Alex Glenn will either sign with us or the Rorters next year. Hope we can pick him up if he leaves Brisbane.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Rumour on Twitter tonight that Alex Glenn will either sign with us or the Rorters next year. Hope we can pick him up if he leaves Brisbane.
    ... there were rumours that the Roosters are on the verge of announcing a big signing... He would be an excellent pickup though.

... there were rumours that the Roosters are on the verge of announcing a big signing... He would be an excellent pickup though.
    Yeah I heard that too. Just don't understand why the Roosters would need him with Cordner, Guerra, Napa, Aubusson etc. Plus, you'd think we can outbid them with the amount of $ we have to spend.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Yeah I heard that too. Just don't understand why the Roosters would need him with Cordner, Guerra, Napa, Aubusson etc. Plus, you'd think we can outbid them with the amount of $ we have to spend.
    Yea that's very true, he wouldn't get a starting spot with them I dont think. Well it seems Roosters don't have a salary cap so I wouldn't rule them out $$$ wise yet. But yea I have no idea when they have those forwards.

He has been no1 on the hit list for many months now
    #itaintweaktospeak