Page 85 of 281 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4213

Yeah Norman may be the best option if we lost Elgey. Unfortunately, Norman has had at least one 'incident' out on the piss, and it was with a emerging titans player no less...so we need to be sure of his personal qualities before we sign him up.

the people involved might feel aggrieved, but when we are talking about hundreds of thousands of doll hairs, people need to move on. Much bigger names, with much bigger issues (think manly last year for example) have played together and got with it so we need to also.

That having been said...im prepared to look past a drunken incident as a one off, but if the incident is apart of a wider issue, such as the guy being a complete tool...then thats not going to work if we are have ongoing personal issues.

and on his actual ability...i think he has been doing plenty of good stuff for eels, and where Sezer has potential...Norman has been delivering. running a team while sandow bobs about, kicking long, kicking really well for repeat sets, good vision with ball in hand. i think he is really undervalued tbh.

unless he is a total cabbage.

Can someone explain this whole Norman bad boy thing to me? He seriously seems like a nice bloke and just bought his mum a house/apartment on the Goldy.

Norman is not a legendary player but would be a good buy if the unfortunate happens and Elgey leaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know if Elgey is a loyal fella? Seems like the club is not going to match Manly's offer and will play the loyalty card.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watc...y/?cmp=twitter
    #iwillneverwalkaway

dont play chicken with the future Neil. not when we are fresh out of options.

players (and managers these days )are likely to just pack the bags and go if you dare them to do so...petero going to panthers ring any bells?

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Can someone explain this whole Norman bad boy thing to me? He seriously seems like a nice bloke and just bought his mum a house/apartment on the Goldy.

Norman is not a legendary player but would be a good buy if the unfortunate happens and Elgey leaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know if Elgey is a loyal fella? Seems like the club is not going to match Manly's offer and will play the loyalty card.

Loyalty goes out the window when money is involved. I don't see the club matching Manlys offer simply because it is not worth it for imo an unproven player at NRL level. Yes he was great in u20's but NRL is a whole other level. He hasn't shown anything fantastic to warrant the money Manly is offering so its there stupidity imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    Loyalty goes out the window when money is involved. I don't see the club matching Manlys offer simply because it is not worth it for imo an unproven player at NRL level. Yes he was great in u20's but NRL is a whole other level. He hasn't shown anything fantastic to warrant the money Manly is offering so its there stupidity imo.
    yesterday it was Elgey would be an idiot to leave and now manly are stupid for a good offering
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

That's quite stupid from Henry to play that loyalty card to Elgey. So what, Elgey is a mercenary for taking a better offer from another club. People who say players aren't loyal these days are ignorant, back in the old days players were part time footballers, they had jobs and majority of the clubs were Sydney based. Ever since Rugby League became full time and expanded beyond Sydney we've seen less and less one clubs players. The salary cap also a big factor in players moving on. Loyalty to your club doesn't mean **** all, at the end of the day players only think about money and playing opportunity and so they should. Rugby League is their livelihood, it puts food on the table, they don't get to play forever. Loyalty is only afforded to players with exceptional talent.

Elgey is getting a better pay and a starting position at Manly. Instead of playing the loyalty card Neil, give the spot to him and offer a contract his worth. You don't need to overpay, I'm sure the biggest thing Kane wants is opportunity. If Elgey leaves will Henry drop him because he is a mercenary, who did we sign again oh that's right DCE. Was DCE loyal? No, so is DCE a mercenary Neil? How about Sezer?

The club shouldn't cry spilt milk when they should of re-signed the reigning NYC (POTY) and their most promising junior beyond a one year deal. Seriously he was coming off contract in the year where halves were going to be sought after the most.

Totally agree that the club should have signed him for longer than 1 year but maybe that's all he was prepared to sign for or maybe we had no future at that time and everybody was shy … doesn't matter, right now the club must sign him for a multitude of reasons but mostly because we need him.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not going to explain it but you can either take my word for it or not

If LG leaves and Norman can be granted a release then yes, he would be our best option. But let's not forget he is on 400k at the Eels currently and wouldn't leave for anything less. We couldn't offer Sezer something in that region so I'm not sure we would offer Norman it either

QLD Cup

It seems that in rebuilding a team it is necessary to have some experienced players on deserved high wages and a mix of up and coming younger players with talent but being unproved, not on the big bucks. It makes it hard if these players jump straight to the big money.. We have talked about not taking care of our juniors, I wonder how many are established first graders in other clubs? By the way, I appreciate the insights you guys have being closer to the nitty gritty of team activities....on the record I would love to see LG playing with us next year but it is hard to justify what's being offered. Is he that good?...

Junior

Well good news for us.. Wicks re-signed with Parra lol.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    yesterday it was Elgey would be an idiot to leave and now manly are stupid for a good offering
    Elgey is an idiot if he leaves the club. Here he will get to play along side one of the best players in the game. Whats he going to get at Manly a dysfunctional team with a coach that no one wants to play for. Manly are stupid for how much they are offering him just goes to show how desperate they are because no one wants to play for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    Elgey is an idiot if he leaves the club. Here he will get to play along side one of the best players in the game. Whats he going to get at Manly a dysfunctional team with a coach that no one wants to play for. Manly are stupid for how much they are offering him just goes to show how desperate they are because no one wants to play for them.
    Wake up you dribbler. Manly basket case please, how many name changes Giants, seagulls, chargers or legend players gone to **** there king wally, shearer, Gibbs, mat Rogers. your club is the joke we will rebuild and win more comps gold coast will go broke and ruin careers.
    You got lucky with dce club is a joke, deal with dodgy car dealer sounds like gold coast. Kidding bagging manly look at your own backyard and have history what did club do for king wally career?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I'm not going to explain it but you can either take my word for it or not

If LG leaves and Norman can be granted a release then yes, he would be our best option. But let's not forget he is on 400k at the Eels currently and wouldn't leave for anything less. We couldn't offer Sezer something in that region so I'm not sure we would offer Norman it either
    I saw that we offered sezer 300k.... i think that's about right.Canberra need to pay overs to attract players so im glad we didnt try and match it. if we paid / offered any more then i think it would be irresponsible.

i think Norman wi take whats out there.. i dont think he will have any white knights offering 450k again, but i could handle 350k or so. he is def more established than sezer, and is a local logan guy.

We still need to look into the character stuff though of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase Winnie View Post
    Wake up you dribbler. Manly basket case please, how many name changes Giants, seagulls, chargers or legend players gone to **** there king wally, shearer, Gibbs, mat Rogers. your club is the joke we will rebuild and win more comps gold coast will go broke and ruin careers.
    You got lucky with dce club is a joke, deal with dodgy car dealer sounds like gold coast. Kidding bagging manly look at your own backyard and have history what did club do for king wally career?
    lol

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Jase Winnie View Post
    I think I hit a nerve