Page 63 of 281 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Posted: 11 March, 2015 by Triple M NRL
    Thaiday Good Fit For Titans?
    Mail floating around that Sam Thaiday could be heading to the Titans

Wayne Bennett did something very out of character after the Souths game as he blasted former captain Sam Thaiday, Brent Read tells us why.

Brent Read, from the Australian, revealed there is "a lot of mail" floating around in regards to the future of Sam Thaiday and he believes the Origin veteran would be "the perfect player for the Gold Coast Titans."

The lively forward showed a lack of discipline on a number of occasions during his side's terrible display against the Rabbitohs and it riled his new coach Wayne Bennett in the post match press conference.

Bennett dropped the back-rower to the bench for this weekend's clash against the Sharks.

There has been speculation that the long time servant of the Broncos came back 'overweight' and has 'lost hunger' for the game.

It is believed Thaiday has 'just over a month to show the club why they should re-sign him.'

LISTEN: http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/s...-coast-titans/
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I don't think Thaiday would be good to us. But he is a character I like. I tend to agree that he has lost his edge.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I hope for Sam's sake, he finishes his career at the Donkeys on a good note. The club at least owes him that much.

Called it a few pages ago..

Dobbo from triple M said we are after Joe Ofahengaue

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I hope for Sam's sake, he finishes his career at the Donkeys on a good note. The club at least owes him that much.
    The Donkeys fans are pretty eager to get rid of him.

I am sure Dobbo also said we are keen on Daniel Vidot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Called it a few pages ago..

Dobbo from triple M said we are after Joe Ofahengaue
    Wow this excites me, watched this bloke in the NYC last year he is going to be something special couldn't see the donkeys letting him go they have huge wraps on him

No more has beens thanks , I would prefer Kris Kahler than 3rd man in
    #itaintweaktospeak

Went To school with big Jo, he is a freak! Hope we can snap him up!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    No more has beens thanks , I would prefer Kris Kahler than 3rd man in
    Agree. Not about Thaiday specifically. But if we are going to be taken seriously, we can't just be the club you go to when the Broncs can't fit you in.

Broncos move to retain rising star Joe Ofahengaue, as Gold Coast wait in the wings

PETER BADEL AND CHRIS GARRY
    THE COURIER-MAIL
    MARCH 11, 2015 11:00PM

BRONCOS bolter Joe Ofahengaue is embroiled in a contract tug-of-war with Queensland rivals the Titans attempting to poach Brisbane’s hottest young forward property.

Wayne Bennett will blood the off-contract Ofahengaue on Friday night against the Sharks, but the Brisbane coach is facing a battle to retain the nephew of Wallabies great Willie ‘O’.

The 19-year-old is regarded as a future superstar and his potential has been detected by the Titans, who want Ofahengaue running off new recruit Daly Cherry-Evans next season.

It is understood the Titans’ offer is very lucrative for an unproven teenager, but the Broncos have a history of keeping players they want and have no plans to lose Ofahengaue.

As Ofahengaue prepares for his NRL baptism against a Sharks pack led by NSW Origin enforcer Paul Gallen, Bennett revealed the Broncos had big plans for the forward workhorse.

“We’re negotiating with Joe right now,” Bennett told The Courier-Mail.

“He’s off-contract but he doesn’t have to play great in the next month to prove anything.

“I know Joe’s ability and I see him as a long-term player at the Broncos; it’s all to do with how we play and develop him.”

If the issue is solely about money, the Titans would win a bidding war. The club has 18 players off-contract at season’s end and, having snared Cherry-Evans, can afford to go hard for Ofahengaue backed by a $2.5 million war chest under the salary cap.

But loyalty will also be a factor for the 112kg powerhouse. When Ofahengaue was homesick and struggling to adjust to Sydney life at the Roosters two years ago, it was the Broncos who issued a lifeline for the Ipswich product.

Since moving to Red Hill, Ofahengaue has developed from a rangy centre to a bruising prop with an incredible endurance base for a big man.

In two consecutive finals games last season for Brisbane’s under-20s, he ran for more than 200m and excels in fitness drills at the Broncos.

Such has been his remarkable rise, Ofahengaue has even stunned Bennett, with the coach indicating in pre-season that 2015 was unlikely to be his debut year.

Now Ofahengaue, who relished a brutal World Club Series hit-out against Wigan last month, will celebrate the fairytale NRL debut he has craved for 12 months.

“I took it personally,” the rookie said.

“I took it like I want to prove him (Bennett) wrong and that I am ready to play this year. It was a challenge to me. I have all my trust in Wayne because I know where he wants me to go.

“I have to trust Wayne and wait patiently until the time is right.”

Bennett is adamant Ofahengaue won’t be overawed by the Sharks pack at Remondis Stadium.

“He has a great attitude, he works extremely hard,” he said.

“Joe has to understand it won’t be in his best interests to play the next 20 games in the NRL this year, but Joe knows where he stands with me.

“He has a big future here.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227258869129

Yeah lets pinch him from the Donkeys. He is the next Petero

Yep, it'd be nice to steal one of their young guns, instead of us constantly mentioned of being interested in their has-been's..
    Last edited by Toads; 12-03-15 at 08:12 AM.

In the big league today article stating the Titans are making a serious play for Gagai, says that he wanted to play with Hoffman who is his cousin

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    In the big league today article stating the Titans are making a serious play for Gagai, says that he wanted to play with Hoffman who is his cousin
    Would be a very good signing and it would piss the Donkeys off.

If all these signings come off will we be able to put a team on the field come origin time?