Page 239 of 281 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 249 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I don't think he'd fit in to our roster at all
    I don't know of any club that would want him apart from the Eels, one of the most over rated players I have ever seen
    #itaintweaktospeak

the sad truth is that if we didnt have Nene...Bryson would slot in there easily regardless of how overrated he is,

butwe do have a lump of a lad who needs a bit of polish...and hoff can fill it at a pinch so we dont have to consider it really.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I don't know of any club that would want him apart from the Eels, one of the most over rated players I have ever seen
    Ok fair enough. Seems to play well for Souths.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

We could save Souffs the problem by taking the woman-beater off their books and he does go alright.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We won't write-off next year. Write-it-off for what? A premiership campaign? A finals campaign? No! Those are pipe dreams at this stage.

We need a year with no more DCE, drug or management issues with a lot of young guys having a crack.

And I add that this hasn't been a building year, it's been a total fcuk-up and clean-out. We are a year behind where we expected to be because of Bird, coke, DCE, Myles, Taylor (D), sadly Sezer and selections.
    Easily the best - most realistic post ive read. Hurts even more we couldnt get Ash Taylor before the deadline for the remainder of this season. At least to try and blood him for whats to come.

Junior

Moley reporting that we are set to announce signing of Tyrone Roberts within the next 48 hours lol Knights are willing to partially pay the first year of his contract.

Good pick up for Burleigh or Tweed, haha but for us?? Not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Moley reporting that we are set to announce signing of Tyrone Roberts within the next 48 hours lol Knights are willing to partially pay the first year of his contract.

If he can maintain consistency then he'd be a decent signing but I don't see the point after signing Taylor who came for a 1st grade spot.
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Looks like Bryson Goodwin might be forced out of Souths due to Cap pressure. We would be silly not to ask the question?!
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Where would he play?
    Left right out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Looks like Bryson Goodwin might be forced out of Souths due to Cap pressure. We would be silly not to ask the question?!

I hope this is wrong. I dont understand what Roberts brings that is different to Mortimer. He is average at best. Surely Taylor is odds on to start in the 6. What is the point in delaying that process.

He will be an essential signing even if he doesn't make the best 17 for round 1 next year. It would be about 15000-1 that Elgey and Taylor play a full season at their age. Better yet, it will allow Henry to give Taylor time at Q Cup level and demand selection the way Elgey did.

Quote Originally Posted by IpswichTitans View Post
    If he can maintain consistency then he'd be a decent signing but I don't see the point after signing Taylor who came for a 1st grade spot.
    Sadly, watching Tyrone Roberts in Newcastle the past few season's, one thing I know he isn't is consistent, and this season he has been BAD.

If someone can keep patting Roberts on the back, and keep whispering in his ear all night that he is a good player, maybe...

I don't see this as a good signing considering we got rid of Kelly and are still paying his wages. I think he and Tyrone are comparable in both ability and injuries.

Furthermore it means that the likes of Fogarty and Hazard won't be getting re-signed.

Roberts is rubbish, he wouldn't add anything to the team even if one of our young halves go down next year.

Spend the cash elsewhere, there has to be an alternative to this.

From the lurker

Panther on the move towards warmer climate
    The Titans are still looking for halves and one man now in their sights is Panther Isaac John.
    John is no superstar but the former Warrior has done a job for the injury-plagued Panthers this season.
    He has yet to be signed for 2016 and may be another victim of Phil Gould’s clean-up that has seen the club transformed in recent seasons.
    The one thing John does have is experience.
    And with the Titans set to field the youngest halves combination in the NRL in 2016 in Kane Elgey and Ash Taylor, that could prove valuable over a long season.

i am prepared to give Roberts a chance and think he has value. Knights are a mess and he is a product of that.

Im happy to be the only one

Glass half full on Roberts myself.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.