Page 213 of 281 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 223 263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    You forgot to apply the Pythagoras theorem
    And I add that two halves = 80 minutes
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Ah ha, the result of too much Foruming and the affects are starting to show [head bobbling with a nervous tic].

No reasonable person should argue that the abbreviation of two halfbacks is not two half's.
    Nor should anybody argue that the combination of a halfback and 5/8 somehow morphs into two halves ... two halves of what?

In fact a 1/2 of a 1/2 is a 1/4 and a 1/2 of a 5/8 is 5/16 therefore the so-called 'halves' (sic) should each be 9/32nds.

Of course they are not, but they are 1 x scrum half (the original name of a halfback) shortened to 'half' plus 1 x standoff halfback (the original name of a 5/8) also shortened to 'half' of which the plural is half's.

It may be easier to say halves rather half's but like a good golf grip you get used to it ... I rest my case
    you took the time to write all that when I'm always going to use the term halves, good boy
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Ah ha, the result of too much Foruming and the affects are starting to show [head bobbling with a nervous tic].

No reasonable person should argue that the abbreviation of two halfbacks is not two half's.
    Nor should anybody argue that the combination of a halfback and 5/8 somehow morphs into two halves ... two halves of what?

In fact a 1/2 of a 1/2 is a 1/4 and a 1/2 of a 5/8 is 5/16 therefore the so-called 'halves' (sic) should each be 9/32nds.

Of course they are not, but they are 1 x scrum half (the original name of a halfback) shortened to 'half' plus 1 x standoff halfback (the original name of a 5/8) also shortened to 'half' of which the plural is half's.

It may be easier to say halves rather half's but like a good golf grip you get used to it ... I rest my case

WOW. Think that I need a glass of wine to try and fully understand that. I love a challenge. ;-)
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    you took the time to write all that when I'm always going to use the term halves, good boy
    I wrote it because the recruitment debate is getting very tedious. It's a free world and considering what social media has done to the language then who cares at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    WOW. Think that I need a glass of wine to try and fully understand that. I love a challenge. ;-)
    As John Cleese said, "I don't know much about wines but I do know what I like" ... a great recipe for taking the seriousness out of life's pleasures.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Haha I put a smiley face which was meant to make it non-defensive! You know me better than that MT.

You and GT101 can sit on the other side of the fence on this one, i'm willing to accept that. Apologies if I sounded defensive, but in all fairness - your post sounded 10x more defensive :eyebrows:
    What do you mean my post was defensive! I attacked not defended!

Anyway mate happy to just have separate views on this one. Nothing wrong with that and we can fortunately do that without the vitriol that happens on LU when people disagree.

Junior

Reports coming out that Ben Teo will sign with Cowboys

I'm leaving Sadtown. Looks like gotitans101_ took over my lease. What really concerns me though is when are we going to sign another quality 9/32? I just wish Dobbo would stop linking us with anyone cause he's always wrong.

In all serious though, if we keep a massive war chest going into next year we will be in a prime position to pick up everyone that gets sacked after mad monday celebrations. With any luck Thurston will be named the Face of NRL and we all know that's a kiss of death and then BOOM he's all ours! (Disclaimer, this wasn't to be taken seriously regardless of my opening statement)

Nine News apparently said tonight that Ash Taylor met with the Titans today and he should hopefully be putting pen to paper in the next few days. Let's hope it's true!
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 16-07-15 at 08:43 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Nine News apparently said tonight that Taylor met with the Titans today and he should hopefully be putting pen to paper in the next few days. Let's hope it's true!
    Yes.... Dave Taylor 5 year contract extension...

Also said that the Broncos might not be able to keep Parcell due to salary cap restraints.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Also said that the Broncos might not be able to keep Parcell due to salary cap restraints.
    YES OMG THE TALENT OVERLOAAAAD

Broncos and salary cap restraints?

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Broncos and salary cap restraints?
    Must've run out of brown paper bags....
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Nine News apparently said tonight that Ash Taylor met with the Titans today and he should hopefully be putting pen to paper in the next few days. Let's hope it's true!
    Just realised that news came from Dobbo

Dobbo who has the worst strike rate in the NRL rumours circle

ever

Just realised that news came from Dobbo

Dobbo who has the worst strike rate in the NRL rumours circle

ever
    Bloody hell that kills my excitement slightly.

But do you have any word on if it is true or what is happening with Taylor, HS?
    #iwillneverwalkaway