Page 146 of 281 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4213

Copely - Matátua - Kahu - Mann.

If we lose Gordon and there are no juniors who can play on the wing, we might need two of them.

Copely, Mataútia, Kahu, Mann

While I'd like to hope it wasn't our coaching and retention team that has been dithering on getting Roberts to put pen to paper, I can't help but feel like we stuffed up MASSIVELY by letting his contract go still unsigned past today's announcement. You can bet that Jimmy will be expecting his contract to be topped up on our initial offer for three reasons.

1) "I was happy to take x per year to play WITH DCE, now I'm going to need y to play WITHOUT DCE"
    2) "I know you can afford it"
    3) "You need me, way, way more than I need you"

I'm hoping this thread sees a lot of action over the next few weeks. We need some good news.

Gordon Tallis floating out Folau, Hayne and Burgess

I'll take all three please!
    Last edited by K2G; 03-06-15 at 08:15 PM.

Pettybourne’s trip down memory lane leading to new future
    NEWS LIMITED JUNE 03, 2015 12:00AM | Margie McDonald | The Australian

A nostalgic two-week tour for Eddy Pettybourne will hopefully go a long way to securing him another contract with the Gold Coast Titans.

Last weekend the 27-year-old played against his former club South Sydney, where he spent six years. This Friday night he meets Wests Tigers, his home for the 2013 season.

“I’m looking forward to the game, looking forward to going back to Leichhardt — it’s always a good atmosphere there,” said Pettybourne, who is still good mates with Tigers backs Tim Simona and David Nofoaluma.

It was a similar trip down memory lane playing the Rabbitohs at Cbus Stadium last Saturday. “It was good playing Souths with a few familiar faces there too,” Pettybourne said.

“Obviously a game is a game, so you put your friendships aside. You can be friends again after the game.”

The prop doesn’t have too much time to reminisce. He signed only a one-year deal with the Titans after spending a season with Wigan in Super League last year after leaving the Tigers.

“Hopefully, I’ll stay longer here. Hopefully something pops up soon. But I’ve just got to let my footy do the talking.”

And he’s getting the message through, with 107 hit-ups for the Titans in 10 matches so far this year. That’s second only to Ryan James (137) and ahead of Luke Douglas and Nate Myles.

“I wanted to get into the 17 and now I’m just trying to hold my spot and play good footy,” he said.

“(Coach Neil Henry) is helping me a lot with getting me to focus on single things in my game and I feel like I’m improving a lot.

“As a frontrower I’ve got to not only tuck the ball under and run hard, I’ve got to stick to the game plan. I’m trying to get that right in my game.”

Lying 13th on 10 competition points, the Titans might easily have been in the top four considering they have lost two games by a field goal and one by a conversion. They went down to the reigning premiers by just a converted try last weekend (22-16).

“We took some confidence from that through some good defence. But we did too much of it. It gassed us too much so we had little left for our attack. But it did bring our confidence up. We need to take it up another notch.”

- - - Updated - - -

Petty has been fantastic. I hope he signs on for another year or two.

Sezer Contemplating Back-Flip
    Posted: 4 June, 2015 by Triple M NRL

Triple M's Mark Geyer has mail that Aidan Sezer may stay with the Titans, despite signing a rich deal to join the Raiders next season.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

"The drums are beating," said MG, on Triple M Sydney's Grill Team.

"Someone that I know, who is usually 80% right, is getting word that Aidan Sezer is contemplating going back to the Titans." Listen to the full audio below.

This will upset Canberra coach Ricky Stuart, that's for sure.

The 23-year-old Titans five-eighth signed with Canberra last April in a deal believed to be worth a massive $500,000 a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think it will happen, not something I'm particularly hoping for. Would be funny to see Ricky Stuart get b*ttf*cked again though.

Don't do it Aidan.

I wouldnt want it to happen. Titans shouldnt be asking him to backlip it just isnt right after the whole dce backflip saga

Junior

The club will not be offering Sezer any deal. That would be double standards and we as a club have more integrity then that, unlike some but we won't go there will we hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    The club will not be offering Sezer any deal. That would be double standards and we as a club have more integrity then that, unlike some but we won't go there will we hahaha.
    I keep racking my brain but I don't know what club you might be referring to?

But moving on ...... if Sezer has noticed that it has been -5 and nice fresh Canberra mornings recently I don't blame him for having second thoughts. At the right price and if there are no better plan B options then let's grab him. NRL clubs catch and kill their own and most wouldn't know what double standards mean so play hard and tough like the rest of them I say. We saw yesterday where being nice guys got us. If we kept him it would allow us to concentrate on getting that centre we need plus a couple of big name forwards.
    Or get Foran - he must surely be having second thoughts about going to Parra.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I keep racking my brain but I don't know what club you might be referring to?

But moving on ...... if Sezer has noticed that it has been -5 and nice fresh Canberra mornings recently I don't blame him for having second thoughts. At the right price and if there are no better plan B options then let's grab him. NRL clubs catch and kill their own and most wouldn't know what double standards mean so play hard and tough like the rest of them I say. We saw yesterday where being nice guys got us. If we kept him it would allow us to concentrate on getting that centre we need plus a couple of big name forwards.
    Or get Foran - he must surely be having second thoughts about going to Parra.
    Foran is not a silly idea. Offer same money as DCE. Just worry about injuries.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Foran would be fine and a Sezer without Myles would be a win/win at this stage, just to "sticky-it" to somebody more down than us ... being the nice guys in this business is just ridiculous after yesterday ... I reckon Annersley has had to have a sphincter valve replacement he's been reamed so many times.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Josh Massoud said on 7 News that we are targetting Mbye.

And so we should be, don't know if I believe him, but I'll take it, and In my absolute honest opinion I'd say chuck the dollars at him, 350-500K I'll be happy. Much better option than Chris Sandow

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Wasn't it Massoud who kept saying DCE was coming here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Cherry-Evans View Post
    Foran is not a silly idea. Offer same money as DCE. Just worry about injuries.
    Think we would get him for a lot less than DCE. Won't happen so I will stop with the fantasy. (And when are you changing your name).
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 04-06-15 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    This would be my dream DCE replacement... but i won't get my hopes up.