Page 55 of 281 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 155 ... LastLast

From Moley.
    MANLY are set to target Titans playmaker Aidan Sezer as a potential replacement for in-demand duo Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran.

With both players being chased by a posse of clubs, the Sea Eagles are privately resigned to losing at least one for 2016.

That leaves a massive hole in the halves — one the Sea Eagles believe Sezer can fill.

One of the best kickers in general play in the NRL, Sezer hails from Sydney, where he played his early football in the Bulldogs ranks.

The Titans star is homesick and, outside of DC-E and Foran, is one of the best halves on the open market.
    But he won’t come cheap — several Sydney clubs are also looking to pounce on Sezer if he returns home next season.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Why is it that when he's referred to as a Titan he's not considered good enough, all of a sudden Sydney clubs want him and he has one of the best kicking games in the NRL?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    From Moley.
    MANLY are set to target Titans playmaker Aidan Sezer as a potential replacement for in-demand duo Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran.

With both players being chased by a posse of clubs, the Sea Eagles are privately resigned to losing at least one for 2016.

That leaves a massive hole in the halves — one the Sea Eagles believe Sezer can fill.

One of the best kickers in general play in the NRL, Sezer hails from Sydney, where he played his early football in the Bulldogs ranks.

The Titans star is homesick and, outside of DC-E and Foran, is one of the best halves on the open market.
    But he won’t come cheap — several Sydney clubs are also looking to pounce on Sezer if he returns home next season.
    He's not even the best kicker at our club
    #itaintweaktospeak

One positive that I can try to take out of the current situation is that if the players that are caught in this thing are sacked we would have serious money to shop with for 2016. Maybe $2.2mil +......
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    One positive that I can try to take out of the current situation is that if the players that are caught in this thing are sacked we would have serious money to shop with for 2016. Maybe $2.2mil +......
    DCE & Taumololo that should cover it
    #itaintweaktospeak

We are the new Canberra. We will have the same issues as them now attracting rep or decent players. Lets not kid ourselves here.

Immortal

Full blown youth approach over the next year or two it is for me!

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    We are the new Canberra. We will have the same issues as them now attracting rep or decent players. Lets not kid ourselves here.
    The GC is a much nicer place to live though. Plus we should be able to get QLD guys to come home if they want to live in the SEQ

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hmmmm.... Scary, but possibly very true.

The Gold Coast Titans will have $4 million to go on a recruitment spree

TODD BALYM AND PETER BADEL
    NEWS LIMITED
    FEBRUARY 24, 2015 11:00PM

GOLD Coast will be armed with a $4 million war chest and the financial surety of the NRL to embark on a recruitment spree which could make Neil Henry’s team the power hitters of the competition.

After years of uncertainty and being forced to pick the scraps off the player market by recycling troubled players on second chances, the Titans now have the confidence and bargaining power to reach for the stars.

Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans remains a priority and Tuesday’s ownership takeover by the NRL has significantly improved their standing for the Test No. 7, while their pockets remained heavily lined for next season.

It is believed the Titans have about $3.5m in the cap still to spend on 2016 contracts, while the uncertainty over the futures of Origin stars Greg Bird and Dave Taylor due to drugs charges could add a further $1m to their bulging wallets.

Gold Coast will be the most active club in the player market and now they know their future is secure, they can extend their interest in other players rather than waiting for a response from their top priority.

The Titans' recruitment arm has fielded more than 30 calls in past 48 hours from player managers offering players to the club. The Titans remain confident their $3m offer to Cherry-Evans will be the superior package on the market.

Cherry-Evans is understood to have met the Canterbury Bulldogs on Tuesday and the Dragons have also emerged as a contender, with the club looking for a long-term replacement for Benji Marshall.

But the Titans know they are in with a genuine chance, with chief executive Graham Annesley set to contact his management to ensure the 25-year-old is well aware of the new strength and governing body backing the Titans now possess.

“Absolutely this is the best news that players both current and potentially in the future could have got,” Annesley said.

“This wipes away any suggestion whatsoever the club or the club’s future was in doubt.

“The NRL have made it very clear, the club is here and here to stay and it has no financial concerns going forward because the NRL is paying the bills.”

For years the Titans have perhaps diluted their culture by signing players off the scrap heap, unable to attract top talent to the Gold Coast due to the ongoing financial uncertainty that has stretched back several years.

Chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle believes removing that issue will reap rewards when attracting key personnel to the club, whether they are players, staff or even sponsors.

“That goes without saying. For years we’ve had to struggle that we weren’t a strong entity on the Gold Coast,” Frizelle said.

“Today puts all that to rest, it’s not even on table for discussion anymore.

“Anyone, whether they be a sponsor, a future employee or a potential marquee player, has surety in the future of the Gold Coast Titans and confidence it will be a long term player in the NRL.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227237577725

Junior

So with supposedly 3.5mill in our cap to spend and another million if Bird and Taylor go who would you resign from the club and who would your targets be from other clubs.

My List.

Resign: Caleb Binge, Davin Crampton, Kane Elgey, Christian Hazard, Shaun Hudson, Jai Ingram, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Eddy Pettybourne, Ben Ridge, James Roberts, Aidan Sezer (Most likely he will leave and I wouldn't put up to much of a fight to keep him).

Targets: DCE, Trent Merrin, Konrad Hurrell would be my main 3 targets. Other targets, Thomas Burgess, Alex Glenn, Ethan Lowe, Daniel Vidot, Shaun Kenny-Dowall. I would be happy with that. Bring some depth and experience to the club while we bring though our juniors and get them up to NRL standard.

My list would be:

Resign: James Roberts, Nate Myles, Davin Crampton, Kane Elgey (depending on form this year), Christian Hazard (also depending on form), Mark Ioane, Ben Ridge, Eddy Pettybourne

Targets: DCE, Alex Glenn, Konrad Hurrell, Trent Merrin, SKD

Obviously form this year will decide who we sign and resign but they would be mine at this point. All of our targets could add something positive to our club.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    So with supposedly 3.5mill in our cap to spend and another million if Bird and Taylor go who would you resign from the club and who would your targets be from other clubs.
    My List. Resign: Caleb Binge, Davin Crampton, Kane Elgey, Christian Hazard, Shaun Hudson, Jai Ingram, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Eddy Pettybourne, Ben Ridge, James Roberts, Aidan Sezer (Most likely he will leave and I wouldn't put up to much of a fight to keep him).
    Targets: DCE, Trent Merrin, Konrad Hurrell would be my main 3 targets. Other targets, Thomas Burgess, Alex Glenn, Ethan Lowe, Daniel Vidot, Shaun Kenny-Dowall. I would be happy with that. Bring some depth and experience to the club while we bring though our juniors and get them up to NRL standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    My list would be: Resign: James Roberts, Nate Myles, Davin Crampton, Kane Elgey (depending on form this year), Christian Hazard (also depending on form), Mark Ioane, Ben Ridge, Eddy Pettybourne
    Targets: DCE, Alex Glenn, Konrad Hurrell, Trent Merrin, SKD
    Obviously form this year will decide who we sign and resign but they would be mine at this point. All of our targets could add something positive to our club.
    I agree with both good posts, but would also add another excellent NYC Player, Anthony Coleman to be resigned (who was NYC player of the year 2014) and added to NRL squad next year along with Huddo (both are doing some training 1/week with our NRL Squad this year, and we should definitely be bringing on our very good NYC players, for we just cant take every good player in the NRL, and look at our backyard where honestly we have some great talent coming through, as we have one of the best junior league areas in the country + northern rivers. (Yes bring on a Reserve Grade Comp, but thats another topic)

Immortal

Have to agree, Anthony Coleman and Shaun Hudson certainly do look to have solid careers ahead of them, so do a number of other NYC players in this year’s squad including outside back Brian Kelly, half Dan Schwass and forwards such are James Iodice, Sam Swift, Pharis Wilson, Deason Fletcher and Oshae Tuiasau. I will not carry on about the quality of our juniors (you have heard all before from me) from U13 to U18 but they are exceptional and we need to take advantage of this “golden age” of junior titans currently on our books. Supplement the progression of our juniors with targeted signings from other clubs and supporters will at least be encouraged that the Titans are looking after their own backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Have to agree, Anthony Coleman and Shaun Hudson certainly do look to have solid careers ahead of them, so do a number of other NYC players in this year’s squad including outside back Brian Kelly, half Dan Schwass and forwards such are James Iodice, Sam Swift, Pharis Wilson, Deason Fletcher and Oshae Tuiasau. I will not carry on about the quality of our juniors (you have heard all before from me) from U13 to U18 but they are exceptional and we need to take advantage of this “golden age” of junior titans currently on our books. Supplement the progression of our juniors with targeted signings from other clubs and supporters will at least be encouraged that the Titans are looking after their own backyard.
    TC & MD - seems Anthony Coleman has the goods, hopefully see him get a run in NRL this year if not signed for next years NRL squad