Page 56 of 281 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Great discussion above, agree with the general consensus

IMO:

Re-sign: Elgey, Huddo, Roberts, Ioane, Myles. Crampton & Hazard to be given this year to prove their worth

Target: DCE, Aitken/Hurrell/Kata, Docker, Napa, Ofahengauhe, Grevsmuhl. Taumalolo is an unrealistic goal given his pricetag (I feel the same about Merrin -not worth 800k)

Elevate to NRL from 20's: Schwass, Coleman, Hudson (as mentioned previously), Wilson, Iodice, Kelly, Tuiasau

Priority to elevate to 20's from MM Cup: Ethan Paikea, Caleb Williams, GL, Ethan Roberts, Tyrone Roberts-Davis, Keanu Dawson (already in 20s). I'm missing a lot of these u18 players but mdrew and Renegade will be able to fill you all in.

I included our juniors because we have a lot of talent coming through and these players are all pushing to be selected in the above tier of footy to which they are currently in. The above just outlines off the top of my head who these players currently are.

Unlikely Titans trio could fill gaps

By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    4:00pm Wed 25th February, 2015

Three players handed career lifelines by the Titans just last week may now play a crucial role in giving Gold Coast fans something to cheer about when the NRL season kicks off.

As the club looks to move forward with the financial security of the NRL behind it, Agnatius Paasi, Jai Ingram and Leva Li can now set their sights on making an impact after signing one-year contracts with the Titans.

All three players were faced with the prospect of a 'train and trial' contract with the Titans over the off-season as being their last shot at the big time, but they may now be given more opportunities under coach Neil Henry than they'd previously imagined.

Five current members of the Titans' top squad are presently suspended from all club activities as they await their days in court on drugs-related charges. As such, there is doubt that those players would be available for Round 1 against Wests Tigers, opening the door for the likes of Paasi, Ingram and Li to earn an NRL call-up.

Paasi is the only one of the trio with an NRL game to his name having debuted for the Warriors in Round 19 last season, but was offered only a trial contract again for the 2015 season.

Paasi made the tough decision to temporarily leave his partner and young son behind in New Zealand while he chased a new opportunity on the Gold Coast, where he had previously attended famed rugby league school Keebra Park High.

He began the summer well short of NRL condition but has impressed Titans coaching staff with his application and was one of the side's best performers in their trial win over the Warriors two weeks ago.

Ingram is the one who could benefit most, with the long-term pectoral injury suffered by Ben Ridge also creating space in the Titans back row.

Recruited by the Cowboys while still a schoolboy in Townsville, Ingram had stints in both the Storm and Bulldogs systems before repeated serious knee injuries forced him to leave the game for two years as he worked as a personal trainer in Hervey Bay.

He too had some bright spots in the trial game at Toowoomba but faces stiff competition from the likes of Ryan James, Matt Robinson, Ryan Simpkins, Eddy Pettybourne and Lachlan Burr for a spot in the Gold Coast 17.

"I had a chat with Neil and he said to me that I'm improving in all areas and the one area he wants me to work on is getting more mentally tough," Ingram told NRL.com.

"The one thing I really want to work on this year is getting mentally tough because if I can get mentally tough I can make better decisions when I'm fatigued. It doesn't matter how tired I am, if I'm mentally tough I'll be able to back it up.

"I'll probably give footy another year or two and by then I'll be 25 and we still do have the business back in Hervey Bay but I really want to study and do something with little kids.

"I've got a little boy now and you might have the world's worst day but you get home and there's so much life in these young kids, it's pretty cool."

With the depth of outside backs at the club Leva Li may have longer to wait to make his NRL debut after stints in the under-20s with Wests Tigers and Parramatta.

A strapping 20-year-old winger with a strong carry, Li has been touted by coach Henry as a project for the future but should suspensions and injuries hit hard, his time may come sooner rather than later.

http://www.nrl.com/unlikely-titans-t...3/default.aspx

I'm Happy for all 3 players to get a contract even without the past weeks drama , I think Li could own a wing spot before too long
    #itaintweaktospeak

What's happened to Sironen?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I'm Happy for all 3 players to get a contract even without the past weeks drama , I think Li could own a wing spot before too long
    interesting cause all reviews of Li has led me to believe he's ordinary
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Sea Eagles to target rising Titans star if Daly Cherry-Evans agrees to Gold Coast switch

THE Manly Sea Eagles intend to strike back at the Gold Coast should Daly Cherry-Evans join the Titans by targeting under 20s player of the year Kane Elgey.

The Gold Coast has tabled Cherry-Evans a $3 million three-year deal, with the Manly playmaker expected to announce his future any day.

But the Sea Eagles intend to retaliate at the Titans, attempting to poach the rookie halfback who won last year’s under 20s player of the year award despite the Gold Coast finishing second last.

Manly remain adamant they are still fighting to retain star halves Cherry-Evans and Foran, but both appeared poised to leave at various stages of the past seven days.

While DCE is favoured to join Gold Coast since the NRL stepped in to take control of the club, Foran is the subject of a four-year $4.7 million offer from the Parramatta Eels.

Given the Sea Eagles travel to Pirtek Stadium next Friday night for their opening match of the season, it places the Kiwi five-eighth in an extremely delicate position.

Manly wanted an answer from both Cherry-Evans and Foran before the season started, but Foran appears certain to continue to deliberate over what is the most important decision of his career.

Ten days ago the Manly five-eighth attended a meeting with Sea Eagles Immortal Bob Fulton and teammates Brett Stewart and Steve Matai, with the no.6 leaving convinced he would remain on the northern peninsula.

The Sea Eagles then went out and played poorly against the Roosters in a trial in Gosford last weekend, forcing Foran to rethink his future.

While Cherry-Evans has been photographed attending meetings with the Gold Coast and Cronulla Sharks, turning his negotiations into a circus, Foran has chosen to try and fly as far under the radar as possible.

The Manly playmaker and local junior has refused to even entertain rival clubs offers until he was clear about where his future lay with the Sea Eagles.

Over the course of the past seven days, Foran appears to be inching closer towards joining the Eels.

Should Manly lose both halves, the club will be forced to target the likes of Elgey, James Maloney, Michael Morgan and Trent Hodkinson.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It makes sense but surely we can put a decent contract to Elgey regardless of the signing of DCE. You would hope the lure of playing beside DCE keeps him at the club. The issue I see is him leaving if we don't get DCE.

Junior

I don't see LG leaving if we get DCE. Any player in there right mind would what to stay to play with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    I don't see LG leaving if we get DCE. Any player in there right mind would what to stay to play with him.
    If you're a young prospect who knows he can play first grade in the near future and another club like Manly throw money at you, it would b hard to turn it down.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    If you're a young prospect who knows he can play first grade in the near future and another club like Manly throw money at you, it would b hard to turn it down.
    Clear your inbox brah I want to taunt you.
    Dave is rad,Dave is hot,Meady has a scrumptious bot.

Junior

I see Sezer leaving so that means there is a spot in the halfs available for LG. Manly can have Sezer

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    I see Sezer leaving so that means there is a spot in the halfs available for LG. Manly can have Sezer
    so 2 natural halfbacks in the team? Don't think so
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I do

Junior

LG can also play 5/8 very well so I don't see a problem with it.

Considering DCE will never play half while Cronk is in the Aussie & Qld side I think DCE shows how much value he will bring to any team..outside of just a number 7
    #itaintweaktospeak