Page 175 of 281 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 185 225 275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4213

Wow how could we have gone from DCE to potentially nothing is beyond me..

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Todd Carney is a terrible idea. If the big names are missed then it is just a matter of backing youth and building a good forward pack and backline around them.
    What, and have another couple of years of mediocrity. Not for me thanks. If we miss Hodko I really have my doubts about the managements ability to get stuff done.
    Things move too slow for me and not just with signings - still have no Parkwood resolution, no Robina deal.
    The team is playing a really good style of footy this year and we need some experience to go with what we have especially in the halves. We cannot afford to go backwards next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Wow how could we have gone from DCE to potentially nothing is beyond me..
    Precisely. Let's hope the rumours are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IpswichTitans View Post
    Throw the bank at Mbye aha! Hodko is my #1 target but i'd take Cornish if worse comes to worst.
    Cornish cannot even crack the Raiders team. Not the Rabbits or Roosters...the Raiders. No thanks, just clutching at straws.

Sign the Wigan half right now!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans gonna miss out on Hodko as well.

2016 is headed south and very fast
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    What, and have another couple of years of mediocrity. Not for me thanks. If we miss Hodko I really have my doubts about the managements ability to get stuff done.
    Things move too slow for me and not just with signings - still have no Parkwood resolution, no Robina deal.
    The team is playing a really good style of footy this year and we need some experience to go with what we have especially in the halves. We cannot afford to go backwards next year.
    You think Todd Carney is some kind of savior?? He is not someone the Titans can take a risk on.

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    You think Todd Carney is some kind of savior?? He is not someone the Titans can take a risk on.
    No mate, I have never mentioned Todd Carney once in any of my posts!!

I kinda think that if we do indeed miss Trent H I think recruiting a couple of young halves so they can battle it out for the starting spot. Martin from Tigers has had his name thrown around here , Taylor from Broncos. Also any think any halves from QCup or NSW cup can step up at all?

However it's interesting to hear this last night. So we could be worried all for nothing.

@TonyWebeck: Had someone tell me on Sunday that Hodkinson to Titans was a done deal; who is doing all these deals and not telling the clubs??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I shake my head with our recruitment

Dobbo with the worst hit rate in the world says that Greg Bird (who on any other day the rest of you want to get rid of) is leaving and now we are all throwing jabs at our recruitment

Do we want a clean out or not?

I would be happy to see Bird and Taylor go and happy for Myles to move on also. I don't think the recruitment is sitting on it's hands I am sure they like us want the best for the team. Yes we are losing a lot of experience if we lose guys like Bird, Myles, Sezer etc but this is NRL remember - players who are still in contract come available at the oddest of times. It happens a lot during the offseason with lots of people using the most over used excuse that they are homesick etc etc. I just think we need to be patient and the signings will come. Some will be juniors who will develop and others will be good solid quality NRL players. The thing I like about this is with losing all these players we will be a totally different team then we were a year ago under Carty. We all cried for change and it is slowly happening. Most agree our style of play is better now with patience the personal will change also - for the best.

The good thing though is we have locked up the Zill dog to a life time contract. Carty said he would represent Queensland one day so be patient people he is our main man to build the team around.
    Psmitty

A clean out is good but not if you have sack the cleaner because the furniture is all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Dobbo with the worst hit rate in the world says that Greg Bird (who on any other day the rest of you want to get rid of) is leaving and now we are all throwing jabs at our recruitment

Do we want a clean out or not?
    Dobbo doesn't get much right. In relation to Bird I am worried about our loss of experience and as he was going ok before he got suspended I am of the view that we should keep him. Our lack of experience in the forwards was there for all to see last weekend.
    Sitting on the fence for a minute and yeah I don't mind the club having a clean out and getting rid of anyone with a mark against them but we do need to get replacements. For example if someone suggested McQueen for Bird I'd say no, and I'm not sure who is on the market. Is it the clubs intention to dispense with every State of Origin player we have?
    In summary, I guess my major concern is that there appears to be little heading our way although I am hoping that things are happening that we don't know about.
    As things stand right now though 2016 is looking bleak. But things could be worse and a look at the Parra forum and petition is great reading for Manly fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Dobbo doesn't get much right. In relation to Bird I am worried about our loss of experience and as he was going ok before he got suspended I am of the view that we should keep him. Our lack of experience in the forwards was there for all to see last weekend.
    Sitting on the fence for a minute and yeah I don't mind the club having a clean out and getting rid of anyone with a mark against them but we do need to get replacements. For example if someone suggested McQueen for Bird I'd say no, and I'm not sure who is on the market. Is it the clubs intention to dispense with every State of Origin player we have?
    In summary, I guess my major concern is that there appears to be little heading our way although I am hoping that things are happening that we don't know about.
    As things stand right now though 2016 is looking bleak. But things could be worse and a look at the Parra forum and petition is great reading for Manly fans.
    Haha how crazy is their forum at the moment. Once you navigate the confusing format you arrive at the erratic and irrational posts which are equally as confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Haha how crazy is their forum at the moment. Once you navigate the confusing format you arrive at the erratic and irrational posts which are equally as confusing
    Have you checked out the petition at:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/p...ave-had-enough

I couldn't help leaving a comment!