Default Dally M Joint Winners 2014 - JT and Hayne

To be honest, I think JT deserved this medal to himself. Sure they both played great for their respective clubs but I think JT is head and shoulders above Hayne.

Now that they've gone 'n stuffed it with dual winners, they may as well just hand them out willy nilly from now on. This type of nonsense takes away a prestige/honour from the award.

Not sure how Hayne tied with JT on points. I thought James Graham (among others) would've put in a better effort than Hayne this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    To be honest, I think JT deserved this medal to himself. Sure they both played great for their respective clubs but I think JT is head and shoulders above Hayne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Now that they've gone 'n stuffed it with dual winners, they may as well just hand them out willy nilly from now on. This type of nonsense takes away a prestige/honour from the award.

Sounds like Qlders speaking , Hayne was awesome as was JT but Thurston showed so much brilliance in the final series that many are probably thinking he had easily won it when those matches are not counted , well deserved by both
    Not sure how Hayne tied with JT on points. I thought James Graham (among others) would've put in a better effort than Hayne this year.
    #itaintweaktospeak

How did Hayne score any points in the final few rounds considering he did nothing vs Manly, got flogged by Newy and did nothing, and they hot hammered by the Raiders. JT should have won by 1-2 points at the least. He is 2x the player Hayne is.

Also how did Hayne get rep player of the year? Played awesome in game 1, fell quiet in game 2 and played **** in game 3. I'm sure there were more deserving winners.

Totally agree with the sentiments above:

1. Best Player of the Year means ONE player no matter who it is. The excuse that points are counted is pure bs. The awarding body should deal with such a situation with some sort of count back eg how many three pointers or how many penalties against or whatever they ate for breakfast.
    2. Controversy will always mar such awards but in this case Thurston is hands on the better player of the two but that's irrelevant considering other players.
    3. How Graham or even the Samburger didn't shoo it in is beyond me ... they have out and out performed the others all year round (forget the finals).
    4. I want to start the Dally M Titanic Fail and this year the award goes to .... Darius Boyd, after a count back with the video refs and Tod la Carney (pun with toddler intended).
    Last edited by Titanic; 30-09-14 at 11:55 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    I agree but I am talking through my pocket. I put $10 every week on JT from season start until Tattsbet stopped taking bets on it. Some weeks JT was $4.50 and other weeks I got $11. Well over a grand to me but I guess I will now get half as dead heat rules will apply (can't check until I get back from o/s). What gets me is how the eff did Hayne get two points in the last round when the Raiders beat the Eels by heaps. I think it was 33-10 until near the finish - when did you ever hear a player from a team beaten that badly get any points.
    I also put $10 on JT for Dally M into the Dogs to win the comp which could return $1870 but that would be halved as well I guess. I doubt the Dogs will win but at least I have got a good run for my money.