Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Titans new home

the sticks? it is next to major theme park and a couple of hundred metres from the M1?

In Bails defense, there's probably a patch of the old pine forest out there still.

Looks like the Titans are on the move again this time to Parkwood Golf Course, just seen a tweet from Paddy Kilmurray anyone watch the news and see the story?

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Looks like the Titans are on the move again this time to Parkwood Golf Course, just seen a tweet from Paddy Kilmurray anyone watch the news and see the story?
    Didn't see the news but here is the tweet-

@paddykilmurray: DEVELOPING: The @GCTitans will be based at Parkwood golf course instead of Coomera. Deal currently being brokered

Wonder what the reasoning is?
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Titans to ditch Coomera plans: report
    December 16, 2014 - 7:24PM
    Ed Jackson

Gold Coast are reportedly set to dump a proposed move to a purpose-built centre in the city's north, three months after announcing the project.

The Titans and the NRL announced in September the club would be moving to the $7 million complex in Coomera in a partnership with the Gold Coast City Council.

The move was expected to provide the Titans with a more cost effective base after paying high rents on their former offices in Robina.

It was also hoped to give the troubled club a presence in the northern suburbs of the sprawling city.

But a report has claimed the proposed move will be dumped by the club in favour of a move to the Parkwood International Golf Course near Southport.

The Nine Network claims Titans chief executive Graham Annesley spoke to the NRL about the new deal on Tuesday and is hopeful of signing off on the project with the golf club on Wednesday.

It's claimed the multi-million dollar complex will now be built on the golf course lands rather than the council property.

The Titans are currently training at the prestigious Southport School while the team's administration is working from rented space in the Gold Coast City Council's chambers.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Well that sucks. That was across the highway from me. I was looking forward to ducking over there to watch training sessions.

Interesting.

Seems like a good choice, closer to the new CBD, light rail and more central in general.

Someone on Facebook said his dad was speaking with people at the golf course and apparently the Coomera deal fell through. The Titans saw it as a good new training ground and the golf course were looking for some money.

Not sure how accurate this info is though. We will have to wait for confirmation from the Titans.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I don't really care where their base is set up but I am surprised a deal at Coomera was announced before it was firm and signed. I thought Darryl Kelly was tipping in much of the money for the Coomera site so I wonder what his involvement now is.
    Based on the number of our guys that drink, a loss of licence would have meant some pretty large taxi fares to Coomera.
    It will be interesting when the facts come out as to the change in plans. Waiting for the first player to be ruled out after being struck by a golf ball.

Anyone watch the nine news, Paddy Killmurray tweeted earlier big news for the Gold Coast Titans on 9news, he later tweeted that the Titans will be based at Parkwood with a 8 million dollar base being fully paid for by Parkwood and the Titans having a 20 year lease

- - - Updated - - -

@paddykilmurray: EXCLUSIVE: Titans Parkwood deal is signed and delivered. Parkwood will build and pay for the lot. $8 mil worth. Titans have a 20yr lease.

Interesting. The board have made some good choices in recent times so I'm not going to judge. Will show some faith they are making a good business decision, but the deal with the governing body of the game and local council seemed stronger at face value than a golf club....will wait and see if this is with nrl support or breaking away from NRLs preferred development gets them offside.

Dunno, about Parkwood. No doubt it'd be a more suitable location than Robina or Coomera. Not sure how well it'd be in time of floods though. If my memory serves me correctly, the Golf Co**** has gone under (water) numerous times in the past. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Dunno, about Parkwood. No doubt it'd be a more suitable location than Robina or Coomera. Not sure how well it'd be in time of floods though. If my memory serves me correctly, the Golf Co**** has gone under (water) numerous times in the past. *shrugs*
    Not as many times as Robina Juniors have
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Anyone watch the nine news, Paddy Killmurray tweeted earlier big news for the Gold Coast Titans on 9news, he later tweeted that the Titans will be based at Parkwood with a 8 million dollar base being fully paid for by Parkwood and the Titans having a 20 year lease

- - - Updated - - -

@paddykilmurray: EXCLUSIVE: Titans Parkwood deal is signed and delivered. Parkwood will build and pay for the lot. $8 mil worth. Titans have a 20yr lease.
    Don't really care where it is as long as it's on the coast and the Titans save money and there could be avenues for the clubs to open up other revenue streams.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Gold Coast Titans have a 50-50 chance of making the Parkood International their new home

THE managing director of Parkwood International says it’s “50-50” the Gold Coast Titans will call the golf course home next year.

The future of the Titans’ headquarters is uncertain with the planned $7 million Coomera development not certain to go ahead.

Parkwood co-owner Luke Altschwager initially approached the Titans last November about forming a partnership which would see the golf course become a social hub for the club’s fans.

But talks progressed to tenancy and there is a growing chance the Titans will abandon the Coomera development to base themselves at Parkwood as part of the precinct’s $100 million redevelopment.

Parkwood is planning to turn soil on its sports development in March and any possible Titans deal would have to be struck before then.

And Altschwager said the timing of the discussions could push the Titans away, despite the lure of Parkwood footing much of the construction costs.

“We certainly have discussed trying to get them here but we haven’t really got to a solution,” he said.

“We haven’t really got anything done. There’s nothing finalised.

“There’s a lot to be done and I’m not going to spend the consultancy money unless I’ve got some guarantees.

“That’s why I’m not as bullish as I’d like to be around it because there’s a lot of water that would have to go under the bridge before I spent a lot of money on planning approvals and adapting our existing facility. It’s a big change to our design if we’re willing to do something.

“It’s 50-50 whether there’s any relationship going to formalise out of this purely because of the timing of it.”

While Altschwager played down the possibility of the Titans being based at Parkwood, it is understood Titans powerbrokers are keen for a deal to be struck.

But the Christmas break has thrown a spanner in the works with Titans CEO Graham Annesley returning from leave today while co-owner Darryl Kelly, who was funding the Coomera project, is still away.

The Coomera project was certain to be completed in time for the 2016 season with the club expected to have begun its pre-season preparations at the new base.

But there is next to no chance the Parkwood proposal would be ready in the same time frame, which would mean the Titans would have to spend longer at their split bases between The Southport School and Gold Coast City Council chambers.

“My goal by the end of this month is to have the tenancies filled and if there was an opportunity for the Titans to be there I’d love it but I think I’ve come in a fraction too late,” Altschwager said.

“The issue would be construction time. If we have to build what they were planning at Coomera, I can’t see it being built within a season. That’s the reality of it.

“I’d like to say we’d have something to announce in the next month but I don’t think it will be ‘Titans moving to Parkwood’.”

Titans coach Neil Henry said while TSS had been very accommodating and provided an adequate base, he hoped the club would be in a new facility before 2016.

“There has been a link between Parkwood and the Titans which looks promising in one regard but nothing’s been decided upon,” he said.

“There’s the parcel of land at Coomera where the council has kindly said we can go and there’s a bit of precinct being built there with the Commonwealth Games.

“I don’t think anything’s been fleshed out yet to say it’s definitely a goer other than there was interest and there’s been some talks held.

“We’d be hopeful that around October-November it would be ready to go.

“If we had to stay here for the pre-season until December I’m sure TSS would allow us to stay where we are then able to move into another facility.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER