Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Titans new home

Sounds like exciting times ahead and we're making an effort to make the community apart of those times
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

I don't mind that, maybe a clubhouse will be a natural development and I'm going to exchange my Burleigh house for one at Coomera Waters so great ... good deal generally with the NRL's longterm support. I must admit to being sceptical about Kelly due to Searle's involvement but I'm getting close to retracting my ill-feeling too.

Back to the future in some ways ... when I first met with Broughton and the Chargers gang it was in their offices in the Southport Council Chambers ... when in doubt: head to council
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I see this as a massively symbolic move. The club has turned away from the building that sunk the Searle era and has chosen to start again without the baggage and scars that the CoE carries.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I see this as a massively symbolic move. The club has turned away from the building that sunk the Searle era and has chosen to start again without the baggage and scars that the CoE carries.
    Yes it is a very symbolic sign of a new era.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

SO if we are moving to Coomera are we going to merge with the Warriors ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    SO if we are moving to Coomera are we going to merge with the Warriors ?
    Welcome to Upper Rotorua! My kids are growing up with a kiwi accent.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    And with the unequivocal backing of the National Rugby League and the leaders of the Gold Coast Community. It is wonderfully symbolic of the changes we're enjoying but more importantly, it's a very real assurance of the future of the Titans on the Coast
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Welcome to Upper Rotorua! My kids are growing up with a kiwi accent.
    ALso known as New Auckland
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Gold Coast leaders hail Titans Coomera move an economic boon for northern corridor

THE Gold Coast Titans’ move to Coomera could spark an economic and football renaissance for the city’s north according to civic leaders involved in the deal.

The NRL team will have a new $7 million complex on a parcel of council-owned land at Beattie Road which will be leased to the team for 20 years from 2016.

From November, the club’s corporate offices will be temporarily based in council buildings at Evandale while the team trains at The Southport School (TSS).

The Bulletin can reveal Wednesday’s announcement came after six months of secret negotiations between the Mayor Tom Tate, council chief executive Dale Dickson, the NRL and Titans board which was spearheaded by chairman Rebecca Frizelle.

Cr Tate said the new facility would be a shot in the arm for the city’s north.

He said Ms Frizelle had been key to negotiations.

“Having the team up there will activate the city’s north by bringing more business and ensuring the Commonwealth Games site will have a long-lasting legacy without ever being called a white elephant,” he said.

But the move has not pleased everyone, with retiring front-rower Luke Bailey speaking out against the club’s move to Coomera.

While most players welcomed the development, Bailey said it would have a negative impact on attracting new players to the club.

“I’m not a fan of it to be honest,” he said.

“The Coast is a beautiful place, but from the point of attracting players it might not work to fly in and then have to drive out to the sticks.

“But they have to do what they have to do and I know that Robina was a money issue, so hopefully they can get a full-time base now.”

But Cr Tate hopes the move cannot only secure the Titans’ economic future but deliver them a new player base.

“There is a big islander population in Logan and people from there are being poached by the Broncos so by having the team in the north I am hoping we can stop the talent drain and bring it here instead.

“The roads and infrastructure will also be improved significantly for the Games and this facility will lead the way.”

Cr Tate said he would speak with Logan Mayor Pam Parker to discuss bringing talented young rugby league players from her city to Coomera for training.

The new Titans base will be built next to the planned multi-million dollar Coomera Sport and Leisure Centre which will be used for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.

The relocation was forced after the team chose not to renew its lease at Robina’s Centre of Excellence, now owned by Bond University.

Titans management will begin moving into the former council administration building from late October and will occupy two floors of building.

Club leaders, including chief executive Graham Annesley are expected to occupy the recently vacated offices which once housed Mr Dickson.

Council staff have been moved out of the building in preparation for its redevelopment to make way for the $37 million first stage of the Evandale Cultural precinct, with most now occupying the nearby Waterside complex.

Titans staff will leave Evandale at the end of the 2015 season when the building affectionately known as “the beehive” will be demolished.

The move has been welcomed by Gold Coast North Chamber of Commerce president Gary Mays who said the development would lead a multi-billion wave of building work

“Having the Titans come to Coomera will give us a big cash and jobs injection alongside the Commonwealth Games and other infrastructure works to come,” he said.

“Now it is not just a legacy of the Games the north of the city will get but the status of being the centre of rugby league for the entire region.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...t+bulletin_rss

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Attachment 636

According to the GC Bulletin. 65 Beattie Road. The touch and union fields.
    More Specifically that uncleared section directly east of the AFL field (north of Rugby's main field)... Well at least that's where the Coomera Sport and Leisure Center has been planned.

I wonder how Rugby's Crushers and the AFL feel about this?
    Last edited by GCT_89; 27-09-14 at 12:39 AM.

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Luke Bailey has got to be kidding ... Coomera or the bright lights of Canberra or or or the megatropolis of Penrith? Are the Titans a professional rugby league team or a social club?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I also thought they were strange comments from Bailey.

On a slightly different topic..

The Bulletin can reveal Wednesday’s announcement came after six months of secret negotiations between the Mayor Tom Tate, council chief executive Dale Dickson, the NRL and Titans board which was spearheaded by chairman Rebecca Frizelle.
    With mention of secret deals. It has me curious about how Graham Annesley's CEO appointment came about. Was it genuinely set up by Searle, or was it a secret deal arranged by the NRL (with Searle's knowledge) to slot him in there. Hmm..

On a slightly different topic..

With mention of secret deals. It has me curious about how Graham Annesley's CEO appointment came about. Was it genuinely set up by Searle, or was it a secret deal arranged by the NRL (with Searle's knowledge) to slot him in there. Hmm..
    Yeah I often think cause of the Mess Searle made the NRL insisted on someone like Annersley appointment???
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

"The Sticks"? I remember Bailey trying to sell me units at Hope Harbour made by John Fish. That was the sticks!
    So heres the team trying to get the community behind it and the bloke the members vote as most valuable bags the clubs decision. What's the issue? Is it cause half the team live down in Burleigh? Catch the train to training!

Leagues starting to go the way of union...if you gave the players a choice of sitting in a gym and train individually or go out to the field and have a game of footy half of them would go to the gym.

I thought Searle and Annersley were best mates. They seem to holiday a lot together anyway.