Default Kevvy Walters Becomes Broncos Assistant

Kevvy Walters Becomes Broncos Assistant

Walters exclusively confirms he will again work under Wayne Bennett at Brisbane in 2015

The Brisbane Broncos have announced their first high-profile signing from the Newcastle Knights but it's not Darius Boyd.

Knights assistant coach Kevin Walters has agreed to once again be Wayne Bennett's deputy this time at the Brisbane Broncos for the next three seasons.

"It's great for myself and my family, I obviously love the Broncos and I think it is a great opportunity to work at a great club," Kevin Walters told Brisbane's Deadset Legends.

"The place is in a pretty good spot, they got into eighth position, so hopefully next year we can keep things rolling."

The decision firms Brisbane as the destination Kevin Walters will make his NRL head-coaching debut by potentially succeeding Wayne Bennett.

Walters confirmed current Brisbane assistant Stephen Kearney will remain at the club with other Knights coaching staff joining the Broncos.

Ex-Bronco Kevin Walters in the early 2000s Photo: Getty Images

The club legend was sacked from the coaching staff in 2005 under Wayne Bennett but he believes after stints with the Knights and Storm he has achieved his goal of getting back.

The Broncos will kick off their 2015 preparations with a meeting with the new playing roster and coaches on Monday.

http://www.triplem.com.au/s
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

No surprise there , good luck Walters Ya goin to need it
    #itaintweaktospeak