Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

not a bad looking squad got some great mobility in the forwards and speed in the backs, cant wait to see Moseley up the centre of the ruck, hopefully Dave Taylor stays injury free, cant wait to see how Burr and Robinson go, Robinson was one of Penrith's best last year, but the player who excites me most is Roberts, nines is made for him will hopefully tear it up.

Junior

I love that we'll see Moseley over Falloon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    I love that we'll see Moseley over Falloon.
    Oops just remembered it's all on Fox...I love that other people will see Moseley over Falloon.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Crampton is an interesting choice having to defend the wider spaces just like an NRL centre .... hmmm ... and no Gordon. Good squad though with one notable exception in he who should not be named anymore.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Crampton is an interesting choice having to defend the wider spaces just like an NRL centre .... hmmm ... and no Gordon. Good squad though with one notable exception in he who should not be named anymore.
    Gordon is still injured I'm pretty sure.

Hope we can really challenge for this title, and the prize money certainly would be useful for the club!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Auckland Nines 2015: Recruits Josh Hoffman, Kierran Mosely named in Gold Coast Titans squad
    CHRIS GARRY THE COURIER-MAIL
    JANUARY 20, 2015 3:17PM

THE Gold Coast Titans have named a strong squad for the Auckland Nines including star recruit Josh Hoffman.

The squad of 18 includes 2015 newcomers Lachlan Burr, Kierran Moseley, Matt Robinson, Davin Crampton and Hoffman.

The team has genuine speed with James Roberts, David Mead, Brad Tighe and Will Zillman named while giant forward Dave Taylor has also been selected.

“It is a team with a great blend of speed out wide but a fair bit of mobility and size in the forwards,” coach Neil Henry said.

“I think we have plenty of players suited to the open spaces on Nines football and the boys are keen to do well; it’s a great promotion for the game in New Zealand and here.

“The squad has been training very hard on fitness and skills and this is our first chance to put some of that into practice.

“It will be a good hit out for the squad before we head to Toowoomba a week later for a trial against the Warriors in Toowoomba.”

Nate Myles, Greg Bird and Kevin Gordon were not picked because of injury.

BACKS: Will Zillman, James Roberts, Anthony Don, David Mead, Josh Hoffman, Brad Tighe, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Aidan Sezer, Daniel Mortimer, Christian Hazard.

FORWARDS: Kierran Moseley, Ryan James, Mark Ioane, Luke Douglas, Lachlan Burr, Davin Crampton, Dave Taylor, Matt Robinson.

The Titans’ preliminary matches: v Warriors, 2.45pm Saturday; v Wests Tigers, 6.15pm Saturday; v Canberra Raiders, 1.15pm Sunday.

Looking forward to watching them play but not expecting much more than 1 win..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hope we can really challenge for this title, and the prize money certainly would be useful for the club!
    Our naming rights sponsor could be Auckland 9's

Also, I must admit, I just don't see Ryan James as a dynamic 9's machine.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Watching the 2010 QF on Fox. Do you think we could convince Matt Rogers to come back for the Nines on a $1 contract?

Decent 9's squad really.

Looking forward to it. I'll keep you guys posted again like last year.

WHEN DOES THE FOOTY START.........????????? I have had enough of the cricket and tennis already.... Bring on the season please..

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    WHEN DOES THE FOOTY START.........????????? I have had enough of the cricket and tennis already.... Bring on the season please..
    The 9's is only a bit over a week away so if you were smart (like me) you should've recorded all the Titans matches from Fox yesterday & today so you can watch them for the next week , if you have Fox that is
    #itaintweaktospeak

We should be able to beat the Raiders and Tigers in the pool stage which would get us into the quarter finals

EDIT: to face the winner of Roosters/Broncos/Bulldogs/Sharks
    Last edited by mup23; 21-01-15 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    We should be able to beat the Raiders and Tigers in the pool stage which would get us into the quarter finals

EDIT: to face the winner of Roosters/Broncos/Bulldogs/Sharks
    I hope they can stay close to the Warriors in the 1st match & being the 9's you have no idea who will be strong but i think both Stuart & Taylor will have their teams primed because i can't imagine they'll be anywhere near the top 8 at seasons end & this may be their only chance of a trophy,,,,,unlike us
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    The 9's is only a bit over a week away so if you were smart (like me) you should've recorded all the Titans matches from Fox yesterday & today so you can watch them for the next week , if you have Fox that is
    You crack me up Pete...