Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Just recapping, King said that in the final trial Hoffman and Zillman would get half a game each at fullback.

Can someone refresh my memory, didn't Zillman get knock the #@$% out when he played centre either last year or the year before because he didn't know how to front on tackle?

And one last one, why do we think Myles will be in lock over Bird when he is the NSW lock?

Wonder if the Cowboys will stream the trail

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Just recapping, King said that in the final trial Hoffman and Zillman would get half a game each at fullback.

Can someone refresh my memory, didn't Zillman get knock the #@$% out when he played centre either last year or the year before because he didn't know how to front on tackle?

And one last one, why do we think Myles will be in lock over Bird when he is the NSW lock?
    because Myles has played tonnes of lock at club level, while Bird almost only moved to lock in last few years at origin when Gallen went from lock to prop.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/0...d_strong_.html

My heart just dropped at the 1 minute 14 second mark. Zilly and Hoffy may rotate between fullback during the season.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/0...d_strong_.html

My heart just dropped at the 1 minute 14 second mark. Zilly and Hoffy may rotate between fullback during the season.
    i have no words

It seems Zillman now has photos of Neil Henry. I just don't know what any coach sees in him. He must be one of the best performers on the training paddock of all time.

dont tell Daly,might be a deal breaker

1.3M per year...'where do i sign', William is at FB...'I'm out'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    It seems Zillman now has photos of Neil Henry. I just don't know what any coach sees in him. He must be one of the best performers on the training paddock of all time.
    yeah mate...its hard to fathom.

*smoking is bad for you
    *climate change is real
    *Zillman is not NRL FB material

the science is in.

Because he's a Queenslander!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    i have no words
    i got plenty of f'n words.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Lets be honest Zillman at fullback is exactly why the Titans are going nowhere. We should have thrown everything at Valentine Holmes. The kid is a star.

Bizarre injury leaves Josh Hoffman sidelined and William Zillman in box seat for fullback spot

TODD BALYM
    THE COURIER-MAIL
    FEBRUARY 18, 2015 11:00PM

TITANS incumbent William Zillman heads the race for the Gold Coast No. 1 jersey this season with his main threat Josh Hoffman forced to overcome a bizarre TV camera injury.

Hoffman was yesterday named at centre for the Titans’ trip to Cairns, with coach Neil Henry adamant the two duelling fullbacks would share time at fullback and left centre with his mind far from settled over who will wear the No. 1 and No. 3 jersey in Round 1.

Zillman has battled hip tightness this week but Hoffman has been on restricted duties due after bruising his knee patella when he cannoned into a television camera during the All Stars game.

Hoffman, who joined Zillman in resuming full training yesterday, hit the camera in the in-goal area but was spared greater injury due to the protective padding around the camera stand.
    “It looked worse than it really was and a lot better than Antonio Winterstein, who knocked the poor cameraman over,” Hoffman said.

“I got there just too late when chasing a kick into the in-goal and crashed into the padding in front of the camera and rolled over. I jarred my knee as I hit the padding and the knees knocked together.

“We just thought it was better to come off as a precaution, I’m good to play on Saturday.

“I’m not sure if the cameras were in a bit from where they normally were but there was plenty of padding so it was no big deal. I have no issue with it.”

Henry said he was still undecided over several positions for Round 1, fullback being the most contentious with Hoffman and Zillman keen to play at the back.

“We will be rotating those guys in those positions in the trials,’’ Henry said.

“They will get about 40 minutes of each. We will see how they go.’’

Henry revealed some insight into how his team would shape up, naming a forward pack with Nate Myles and Luke Douglas in the front row, Greg Bird at lock and powerhouses Dave Taylor and Ryan James playing back row.

Kierran Moseley will start at hooker against the Cowboys and looms as a likely Round 1 starter with club champion Beau Falloon not travelling to Cairns and in doubt for the opening clash with Wests Tigers with a hamstring strain.

Although Falloon has not played any trials, Henry would confidently play him in Round 1 if his hamstring recovered in time.

“It’s a similar scenario to last year, when he injured himself before the last trial,’’ Henry said. “We’ve been doing a lot of opposed work too so he will be right to go into the game.

“I’m pretty happy with what he has been doing in the pre-season. He is fit and he will be there in Round 1 if he is fit enough to go.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227224580225

Gold Coast Titans ready for big wet

The threat of wild weather hasn't curbed Gold Coast coach Neil Henry's enthusiasm for Saturday night's crunch NRL trial against North Queensland in Cairns.

Henry named his strongest squad available, setting up some intriguing duels for key positions ahead of next month's NRL season opener.

Perhaps the most tantalising is ex-Kiwi No.1 Josh Hoffman and William Zillman going head to head for the fullback role.

However, the jury is out on whether the Titans get to take on an equally formidable Cowboys outfit led by Johnathan Thurston.

Not one but two cyclones are threatening north Queensland this week, promising strong winds and torrential rain in Cairns on Saturday night.

A veteran of unpredictable weather after almost 10 years working at the Cowboys, Henry said he had his fingers crossed the game would be played, albeit in wet conditions.

"I was up there nine years and played plenty of wet trials up there," the former Cowboys coach said.

"And (Cairns') Barlow Park drains really well - that won't be an issue if it is wet.

"It is whether we can get in and out of the place, whether the airport is closed.

"We will wait and see - there is no point worrying about it too much now.

"Our indications are that the game will go ahead."

Test forwards Nate Myles and Greg Bird will have their first hit-outs of 2015, newcomer Eddy Pettybourne is on the bench and five-eighth Aidan Sezer returns from a cheekbone injury suffered at the Auckland Nines.

Henry said the only players not named for the trial who would be considered for their March 7 season opener against the Wests Tigers were hooker Beau Falloon (hamstring) and forward David Hala (illness).

On the strength of his impressive Indigenous All Stars display last weekend, Kierran Moseley will start at hooker with Matt Srama his back-up.

Henry said he would rotate Zillman and new recruit Hoffman between fullback and centre against the Cowboys in a bid to relieve one of his biggest headaches ahead of round one.

He said Zillman (adductor) and Hoffman (knee) overcame niggles this week.

Also in the backline, Anthony Don gets a crack on the wing ahead of Kalifa Faifai Loa with Kevin Gordon coming off an extended bench.

Gold Coast Titans trial squad: William Zillman, David Mead, Josh Hoffman, James Roberts, Anthony Don, Aidan Sezer, Daniel Mortimer, Luke Douglas, Kierran Moseley, Nate Myles (capt), Ryan James, David Taylor, Greg Bird. Interchange: Ryan Simpkins, Matt White, Matt Robinson, Kane Elgey, Kevin Gordon, Eddy Pettybourne, Matt Srama, Brad Tighe, Lachlan Burr.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...-ready-big-wet
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

anywhere to hear this one?

No idea, but they are asking the same question on Cowboys Stampede
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I got a good stream of Reds vs. W. Force at Suncorp..