Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

just goes to show money isnt everything in rugby league scott has out his family first before the monet because the tigers deal was worth a lot more than the titans godd on ya scottie

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY.. OMG WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY WOOOHOOOOOOOO....

This is the dream signing of the Gold Coast and will make for a very strong halves combination in 2007, CONGRATS TO THE TITANS and well done for the way they handled things.. and lets hope that Scott has a great season to come and we can get a great player and make him the toast of the town in 2007..

NOW IT IS TIME TO PARTY..

We should see a media conference from Michael around 1.30pm re: the signing. Keep your eyes and ears out for it - the big fella will the one with the smile from "ear to ear"

I hope the management cracks open a bottle of bubbly because they bloody deserve it i will be having a coldie for the titans management this arvo. go the titans you beauty

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull
    I hope the management cracks open a bottle of bubbly because they bloody deserve it i will be having a coldie for the titans management this arvo. go the titans you beauty
    Yep, my lunch will be an extended one this afternoon before heading out tonight to toast the signing

Junior Titan

Smile

Now we need a quality fullback and the nucleus is complete.

Is Clint Greenshields signed up yet - was outstanding for the Dragons last year!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Is Clint Greenshields signed up yet - was outstanding for the Dragons last year!
    He is available for 2007 at this point unless signed up between now and June 30, 2006 by the Dragons.

How lucky are we that we didn't have to wait until half way through the year for this fantastic news!

I think having him on board will also help bring other players to the Titans come June 30.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This is awsome news...Finanly our side is starting to take shape....

Wont be long now untill we know who our 07' squad is.

Congratulations to all involved in this historical signing.
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Oh, HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 2007 Year of the Titans

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

This from yahoo7.com.au

Prince takes punt on Gold Coast
    Date: 03/03/06
    By Daniel Pace

Scott Prince's manager says the Wests Tigers captain has risked his NRL career by agreeing to a four-year deal with the Gold Coast Titans.

Steve Robinson also pleaded with the Titans to aggressively chase more top class internationals to build on their current roster for the 2007 season and beyond.

Halfback Prince, 26, told his Tigers teammates and coach Tim Sheens he would return to Queensland when his contract with the premiers finishes at the end of this season.

The Clive Churchill medallist has agreed to a deal worth a reported $1.4 million - about $100,000 less per season than he would receive at the Tigers.

"There's a lot of pressure now on him to keep his career on track," Robinson told AAP.

"He's never been short of a challenge. He knows he's putting his career on the line."

Robinson implored the Titans to further boost their depth following the recruitment of internationals Luke Bailey and Brian Carney and Penrith five-eighth Preston Campbell, who will partner Prince in the halves next year.

"We just hope these guys (the Titans), through getting Scott's signature, can now find and sign some reasonably good players to go with it," Robinson added.

"You'd like to think they can now start to really push ahead to build on what they've got.

"It'll be a little disappointing if they don't but we can't do much about that at this stage.

"That's up to the club to do the right thing."

Robinson insisted money was never an issue for Prince in joining the fledgling Gold Coast franchise.

"I never had to go in and bang any tables talking about dollars and cents," Robinson pointed out.

"I only spoke to the Titans yesterday about dollars and cents and how long's this (the negotiations) been going on?

"The money is there but it's not the issue. The money he's been offered from both places is comparable to his standing in the game."

The Tigers gave Prince permission to negotiate with the three Queensland clubs to sort out his future before the season started on March 10 but Brisbane and North Queensland dropped out of the race after expressing concerns over the negotiation process.

Prince, who had stints with both the Broncos and the Cowboys before signing with Wests at the end of 2003, has always said he wants to move back to Queensland.

"In the end the Sydney way of things ... I wouldn't say it's been difficult but he's never really wanted to live here," Robinson said.

"The Wests Tigers have been terrific to him, no question about it, and I think they've been good for each other.

"But there's always going to be a winner and a loser and the lure to come back to Queensland was too strong.

"There's nothing down here that he's got any problems with other than Sydney itself.

"Club-wise, player-wise, coach-wise, there's nothing here at the Tigers you can put a finger on why he's going home."

awsome news

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX

BRILLIANT NEWS !

I'd be happy if we could grab someone like Greensheilds but if we could get a pair of "MATTS" (King & Cooper) that would something special !!

To dream is good :roll: !

Bring on 07

Pete
    #itaintweaktospeak

Too late Cooper has already signed with the Dragons and is STAYING PUT!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....