Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I just hope Zillman gets replaced for Mead.

Does Mead deserve to be benched? Is he not fully fit?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Round 26 Team Announcement

safe_image.jpg

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Coach Des Hasler has today named his side to take on the Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday afternoon with five-eighth Josh Reynolds a notable inclusion in the side.

Reynolds has missed the past three matches after being suspended following the Round 22 match against the Broncos in Brisbane. Reynolds comes back into the side at his favoured five-eighth position with Moses Mbye shifting back on to the interchange bench. Dale Finucane accepted the early guilty plea for his dangerous throw on Rabbitohs forward Jason Clark and will miss just the one match.

The Bulldogs head into Round 26 in seventh position with the side needing a win to secure their spot in the top eight.

Forward Aiden Tolman realises the importance of Sunday’s match.

“We need to win and it’s not going to be easy up there,” Tolman said.

“They are going to want to perform in front of their home fans for the final time this year but we need the win, it is as simple as that.”

Source: http://www.bulldogs.com.au

1. Sam Perrett
    2. Corey Thompson
    3. Josh Morris
    4. Timoteo Lafai
    5. Mitch Brown
    6. Josh Reynolds
    7. Trent Hodkinson
    8. Aiden Tolman
    9. Michael Ennis
    10. James Graham
    11. Josh Jackson
    12. Tony Williams
    13. Greg Eastwood

14. Reni Maitua
    15. David Klemmer
    16. Pat O'Hanlon
    17. Moses Mbye
    19. Harlan Alaalatoa

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I think there are some on here with short memories. It wasn't that long ago that Zillman was being crucified because he didn't come back through ISC after injury and yet here are people demanding the Mead does exactly that. One rule for all is one of the things that a lot of people asked for as part of the change we wanted. That means exactly that, one rule for all. NO FAVOURITES. All players coming back from injury should have to prove their fitness through the ISC or none have to.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I think there are some on here with short memories. It wasn't that long ago that Zillman was being crucified because he didn't come back through ISC after injury and yet here are people demanding the Mead does exactly that. One rule for all is one of the things that a lot of people asked for as part of the change we wanted. That means exactly that, one rule for all. NO FAVOURITES. All players coming back from injury should have to prove their fitness through the ISC or none have to.
    exactly, so why is Mead playing?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    exactly, so why is Mead playing?
    Feck knows mate.

Junior

Yes one rule for all...except Zilly.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

I think it's fair to say there is a big difference between players who are playing consistently borderline first grade quality before they get injured and players who are in career best form before they get injured.

Neil Henry has nothing to gain by dropping the VC on the last game of the season, but also has nothing to lose by picking the best players in the best positions for his game plan in 2015.

Taka must start 2nd row for this game or off the bench.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 03-09-14 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Taka off bench

I think you are all forgetting something ... we had to get an exemption for Kingston to be able to play at all, so I think the issue is more about the number of eligible players rather than selection criteria at this stage ... if you then accept that both Taylor and Bailey are only marginal then Gilly may have to saddle-up.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So Lafai's first name is Timoteo... who knew??

This is the last hurrah of a truly horrendous situation. Discussing team selections now is just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic - this season has s(t)unk.

Let's just head in, drink beer and eat Twisties as they run around, wave goodbye to some stalwarts and then head home to think about something else for a couple of months. For me that will be horse racing and NFL (it would be MLB if I didn't support a team as bad as the Mets!!) and after the stink has worn off we can look forward to 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think you are all forgetting something ... we had to get an exemption for Kingston to be able to play at all, so I think the issue is more about the number of eligible players rather than selection criteria at this stage ... if you then accept that both Taylor and Bailey are only marginal then Gilly may have to saddle-up.
    Good point. I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    For me that will be horse racing and NFL (it would be MLB if I didn't support a team as bad as the Mets!!) and after the stink has worn off we can look forward to 2015.
    Who is your NFL team mate? Eagles man here.

I follow the ABL and the Bandits. MLB too.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    For me that will be horse racing and NFL (it would be MLB if I didn't support a team as bad as the Mets!!) and after the stink has worn off we can look forward to 2015.
    Who is your NFL team mate? Eagles man here.
    Big fan of the NFL. Not a hard core supporter of any particular team - though I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Packers as they are the only non-profit, community-owned team in any of the US major league sports.
    Last edited by Numbers; 03-09-14 at 12:47 PM.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Big fan of the NFL. Not a hard core supporter of any particular team - though I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Packers as they are the only non-profit, community-owned team in any of the US major league sports.
    Sorry are we playing Canterbury Bankstown or Green Bay this weekend?
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

GO PACKERS!!!!!
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).