Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73

Thread: Marwan Koukash

  1. #31
    Star Player Titan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Wide Bay
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Just another reason to hate the Broncos.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

  2. #32
    Captain Toads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    2,725

    Default

    Personally, I'd be quite surprised if he invested in us. The Knights package would appear to be a more attractive deal.

  3. #33
    Captain Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Personally, I'd be quite surprised if he invested in us. The Knights package would appear to be a more attractive deal.
    Why would you be surprised?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  4. #34
    Captain Toads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    2,725

    Default

    Mainly because the Knights would be WIWO Deal. Where our Club would probably require a few more clauses because of the 3 shareholders and there'd be a good chance of Searle playing hardball. If it was me, I wouldn't be interested in the Franchise until he was completely removed from the Club altogether.

  5. #35
    First Grader ozynorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Mainly because the Knights would be WIWO Deal. Where our Club would probably require a few more clauses because of the 3 shareholders and there'd be a good chance of Searle playing hardball. If it was me, I wouldn't be interested in the Franchise until he was completely removed from the Club altogether.
    My hope would be that he would buy Searle out and that is the end.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    My hope would be that he would buy Searle out and that is the end.
    I would also like that option. It is far better to have a few owners rather than just one. Clive Palmer and Tinkler have shown that one owner alone can destroy it all.

  7. #37
    First Grader ozynorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,229

    Default

    I would hope that Searle would see this as an opportunity to cash in and get out. I doubt it though.....

  8. #38
    Captain Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Mainly because the Knights would be WIWO Deal. Where our Club would probably require a few more clauses because of the 3 shareholders and there'd be a good chance of Searle playing hardball. If it was me, I wouldn't be interested in the Franchise until he was completely removed from the Club altogether.
    I never thought to look at it that way but you raise some good points.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  9. #39
    First Grader ozynorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,229

    Default

    Reading the article in the Courier today he wants total control including player and staff hirings.... Not sure that we want another owner that is responsible for player signings.

  10. #40
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Reading the article in the Courier today he wants total control including player and staff hirings.... Not sure that we want another owner that is responsible for player signings.
    Yea true. I also dont think the Broncos will be sold to him. He needs to rule that one out.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  11. #41
    Junior
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rockhampton
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Reading the article in the Courier today he wants total control including player and staff hirings.... Not sure that we want another owner that is responsible for player signings.
    If that's want he wants then no thanks. Anybody heard anymore on what the secret group that wants to buy the club?

  12. #42
    Junior
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rockhampton
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Reading the article in the Courier today he wants total control including player and staff hirings.... Not sure that we want another owner that is responsible for player signings.
    If that's want he wants then no thanks. Anybody heard anymore on what the secret group that wants to buy the club?

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    If that's want he wants then no thanks.
    Exactly mate. I can't see any coach worth his salt would agree to coach a team where the owner says what players will come and go. I wouldn't want him anyway near the Titans if the Courier mail article is correct. Sounds like Palmer all over. Is he a fat fool as well?

  14. #44
    Captain Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    If that's want he wants then no thanks. Anybody heard anymore on what the secret group that wants to buy the club?
    I was wondering the same thing. What happened to them? As far as I know they spoke big in the press but haven't followed through with it. Not sure why ? However if anyone does know these guys , get them to contact the club to get involved.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. What happened to them? As far as I know they spoke big in the press but haven't followed through with it. Not sure why ? However if anyone does know these guys , get them to contact the club to get involved.
    Not too worried about it to be honest. Obviously most of us here want Searle to be bought out but from what I hear and see we certainly don't want to lose Darryl Kelly. If this group were happy to buy in and work with Kelly then maybe.

    - - - Updated - - -


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew