Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Marwan Koukash

Just another reason to hate the Broncos.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Personally, I'd be quite surprised if he invested in us. The Knights package would appear to be a more attractive deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Personally, I'd be quite surprised if he invested in us. The Knights package would appear to be a more attractive deal.
    Why would you be surprised?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Mainly because the Knights would be WIWO Deal. Where our Club would probably require a few more clauses because of the 3 shareholders and there'd be a good chance of Searle playing hardball. If it was me, I wouldn't be interested in the Franchise until he was completely removed from the Club altogether.

Mainly because the Knights would be WIWO Deal. Where our Club would probably require a few more clauses because of the 3 shareholders and there'd be a good chance of Searle playing hardball. If it was me, I wouldn't be interested in the Franchise until he was completely removed from the Club altogether.
    My hope would be that he would buy Searle out and that is the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    My hope would be that he would buy Searle out and that is the end.
    I would also like that option. It is far better to have a few owners rather than just one. Clive Palmer and Tinkler have shown that one owner alone can destroy it all.

I would hope that Searle would see this as an opportunity to cash in and get out. I doubt it though.....

I never thought to look at it that way but you raise some good points.

Reading the article in the Courier today he wants total control including player and staff hirings.... Not sure that we want another owner that is responsible for player signings.

Reading the article in the Courier today he wants total control including player and staff hirings.... Not sure that we want another owner that is responsible for player signings.
    Yea true. I also dont think the Broncos will be sold to him. He needs to rule that one out.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

If that's want he wants then no thanks. Anybody heard anymore on what the secret group that wants to buy the club?

Junior

If that's want he wants then no thanks. Anybody heard anymore on what the secret group that wants to buy the club?

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    If that's want he wants then no thanks.
    Exactly mate. I can't see any coach worth his salt would agree to coach a team where the owner says what players will come and go. I wouldn't want him anyway near the Titans if the Courier mail article is correct. Sounds like Palmer all over. Is he a fat fool as well?

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. What happened to them? As far as I know they spoke big in the press but haven't followed through with it. Not sure why ? However if anyone does know these guys , get them to contact the club to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. What happened to them? As far as I know they spoke big in the press but haven't followed through with it. Not sure why ? However if anyone does know these guys , get them to contact the club to get involved.
    Not too worried about it to be honest. Obviously most of us here want Searle to be bought out but from what I hear and see we certainly don't want to lose Darryl Kelly. If this group were happy to buy in and work with Kelly then maybe.

- - - Updated - - -