Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Marwan Koukash

Apparently by the end of the weekend he will come out and say who he has bought. Knights still the favourite.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Koukash on verge of taking over Newcastle Knights

Marwan Koukash is believed to be on the brink of becoming the new owner of a top Australian NRL Rugby League club.

The Salford Reds' owner has been strongly tipped to take charge of the Newcastle Knights and confirmed earlier this week he was in takeover talks with three clubs.

Speaking straight after Fridayt's home game with Widnes, Salford Reds CEO Martin Vickers assured Reds' fans the takeover of an Aussie club will not affect Koukash's role with Salford.

''Definitely not, if it is to happen,'' said Martin Vickers.

Koukash's planned take over is expected to be confirmed in Australia in the next 48 hours.

The RFL will not oppose joint ownership.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....CkOstk.twitter
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Anyone know if we're one of the clubs he's considering?

“@drmarwanK: I am not about to buy an NRL club. Still interested but I am not anywhere near finalising a deal .” 22 hours ago

https://twitter.com/drmarwanK/status/510676482721865728

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    “@drmarwanK: I am not about to buy an NRL club. Still interested but I am not anywhere near finalising a deal .” 22 hours ago

https://twitter.com/drmarwanK/status/510676482721865728
    Wow big gap between the media speculation and what he says!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Marwan Koukash rules out bid for Wests Tigers
    September 25, 2014

English billionaire Marwan Koukash has ruled out buying Wests Tigers after whittling down his NRL club shopping list to “one or two” remaining options.

The owner of English Super League club Salford Red Devils is expected to fly out to Australia in October to finalise the deal, however he says he still has not made up his mind which club to buy into.

“It’s not something that would be of interest to me, no,” Koukash told Sky Sports Big Sports Breakfast on Thursday.

The 55-year-old said the club’s joint venture structure – the source of infighting between the Wests and Balmain factions – had been a turn off.

SOURCE: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/marwan...-tigers-15086/

- - - Updated - - -

Quick sale of Knights unlikely: NRL
    September 25, 2014

NRL officials are unlikely to consider selling the Newcastle Knights for at least 12 months, despite mounting pressure from English billionaire Marwan Koukash to buy the franchise.

Koukash, the self-made tycoon who owns English Super League outfit Salford and hundreds of racehorses, was quoted overnight as saying he planned to fly to Australia next month to finalise his takeover of an NRL club.

Koukash first expressed interest more than two months ago in privatising the Knights, who have been under NRL ownership since the ousting of Nathan Tinkler in mid-June after a controversial three-year tenure.

But an NRL spokesman said yesterday that the governing body had held ‘‘only very preliminary discussions’’ with Koukash and ‘‘there is no prospect of any sale of the Newcastle Knights at this stage’’.

SOURCE: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/quick-...ely-nrl-15084/
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 25-09-14 at 11:16 AM.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Marwan Koukash rules out bid for Wests Tigers
    September 25, 2014

English billionaire Marwan Koukash has ruled out buying Wests Tigers after whittling down his NRL club shopping list to “one or two” remaining options.

The owner of English Super League club Salford Red Devils is expected to fly out to Australia in October to finalise the deal, however he says he still has not made up his mind which club to buy into.

“It’s not something that would be of interest to me, no,” Koukash told Sky Sports Big Sports Breakfast on Thursday.

The 55-year-old said the club’s joint venture structure – the source of infighting between the Wests and Balmain factions – had been a turn off.

SOURCE: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/marwan...-tigers-15086/

- - - Updated - - -

Quick sale of Knights unlikely: NRL
    September 25, 2014

NRL officials are unlikely to consider selling the Newcastle Knights for at least 12 months, despite mounting pressure from English billionaire Marwan Koukash to buy the franchise.

Koukash, the self-made tycoon who owns English Super League outfit Salford and hundreds of racehorses, was quoted overnight as saying he planned to fly to Australia next month to finalise his takeover of an NRL club.

Koukash first expressed interest more than two months ago in privatising the Knights, who have been under NRL ownership since the ousting of Nathan Tinkler in mid-June after a controversial three-year tenure.

But an NRL spokesman said yesterday that the governing body had held ‘‘only very preliminary discussions’’ with Koukash and ‘‘there is no prospect of any sale of the Newcastle Knights at this stage’’.

SOURCE: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/quick-...ely-nrl-15084/

sounds like his only option is to buy the Titans

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    sounds like his only option is to buy the Titans
    Yep it is most likely a battle between us and St George.

From this weeks 'Ask the Lurker' featuring a question from lonegull:

@Lonegull will the Titans be around for much longer, is koukash sniffing around them #asklurk

The Lurker: Word is they are digging themselves into a deeper and deeper financial hole and need a cashed-up saviour.

And a Dragons fan:

@agrothedragon1 hey #lurk please tell me we won't lose all 3 in moz&mez&flo & which club will marwan kakoush end up at. #cheers #asklurk
    The Lurker: Brett Morris may go... but I believe he will stay. Dr K most likely to take on either the Titans or Knights.. both need the money!

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    From this weeks 'Ask the Lurker' featuring a question from lonegull:

@Lonegull will the Titans be around for much longer, is koukash sniffing around them #asklurk

The Lurker: Word is they are digging themselves into a deeper and deeper financial hole and need a cashed-up saviour.

i would say it will be us then unless he can convince the NRL to let him buy the Knights. But there has been talk on twitter all week that our new backer will be announced very soon.

And a Dragons fan:

@agrothedragon1 hey #lurk please tell me we won't lose all 3 in moz&mez&flo & which club will marwan kakoush end up at. #cheers #asklurk
    The Lurker: Brett Morris may go... but I believe he will stay. Dr K most likely to take on either the Titans or Knights.. both need the money!

While I am always wary of big cash owners. Marwan Koukash has been pretty good to the Salford Reds and he has some good ideas for growing the game globally. It would be exciting being part of some of those plans.

POM’S NRL SHOPPING LIST

MARWAN Koukash, the multi-millionaire English turf magnate and owner of Super League club Salford, will arrive in Australia this week in his bid to buy into an NRL club.

Koukash is a self-confessed league nut. “Some people call me crazy, but I love the sport (rugby league),” he said recently. “I can’t see myself not being involved (in the NRL) in the best rugby competition in the world.”

He’s ruled out any interest in the ailing Wests Tigers, but said he was whittling down his shopping list to “one or two” clubs.

It’s known that Newcastle Knights are on the list, as the club is currently for sale after Nathan Tinkler walked away.

The NRL is funding the Knights and no doubt will roll out the red carpet to get Koukash interested.

The NRL might have competition for the Koukash investment in the Hunter, as Tinkler desperately tries to off-load his A-League club the Newcastle Jets for a third of the price of the NRL team.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/

See he spoke to the Broncos. I will be disappointed if he chooses them. Broncos have money. Plenty of other clubs that don't that he should choose.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    See he spoke to the Broncos. I will be disappointed if he chooses them. Broncos have money. Plenty of other clubs that don't that he should choose.
    yeah a few others that need that clout of 'we got money now, come to us and help us rebuild'.

Raiders, Knights, even sharks (who have money, but need a refresh).

Otherwise, let him buy on of the expansion clubs if it comes. Broncs is just a waste of a good investor and keen league man

I can't see Lachlan Murdoch letting the Broncos go.