View Poll Results: Who should be head coach for the Titans in 2015?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Henry

17 54.84%
  • Griffin

8 25.81%
  • Other

6 19.35%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Junior

Kevvie Walters

I would like a Neil Henry/Anthony Griffin combo..with Henry being head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    I would like a Neil Henry/Anthony Griffin combo..with Henry being head coach.
    Yep that will do me.

However that means Griffin may still have an influence on team selections, which we do not want. Carty and Hook are similar coaches, nice guys but no idea with team selections.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 29-08-14 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    However that means Griffin may still have an influence on team selections, which we do not want. Why don't we bring back Carty?? Him and Hook are similar coaches, nice guys but no idea with team selections.
    Outrageous call. You keep trying to hang Griffin for playing players out of position, but every team does it to an extent. It's about managing a roster. I have thought playing Hoffman at 5/8 and Parker at prop were terrible decisions as well, but I'm not about to say the bloke can't coach. You've just got to see what he's done with young blokes like McCullough, Hunt, McGuire, Copley etc to see the guy knows how to bring juniors through the system. Do you think Henry is or will be innocent of playing players out of position? I'm all for a Henry/Griffin combo - because as far as I can tell 'King' is going to need all the help he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    Outrageous call. You keep trying to hang Griffin for playing players out of position, but every team does it to an extent. It's about managing a roster. I have thought playing Hoffman at 5/8 and Parker at prop were terrible decisions as well, but I'm not about to say the bloke can't coach. You've just got to see what he's done with young blokes like McCullough, Hunt, McGuire, Copley etc to see the guy knows how to bring juniors through the system. Do you think Henry is or will be innocent of playing players out of position? I'm all for a Henry/Griffin combo - because as far as I can tell 'King' is going to need all the help he can get.
    I am just saying that Griffin is just like Cartwright in certain areas. Team selections are terrible and he can be guilty of picking on loyalty. I wouldn't mind getting him as he is a good at developing juniors (which Broncos have always been known for anyway) and would bring some juniors as well. Sure Henry may not be our Messiah but he sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Wasn't the Board supposed to make a decision on the coach today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Wasn't the Board supposed to make a decision on the coach today ?
    That's what I thought. Maybe they have made the decision and will announce tomorrow.

Tim Sheens has become the new Smokie for the job
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Tim Sheens has become the new Smokie for the job
    I have bagged out Sheens before because of the 3 wooden spoons to his name, but that's about the only thing you can peg on him. the rest of his stats speak for themselves.

Having both Henry and Sheens on our books would look pretty impressive.

The only thing that worries me about Sheens is that his winning percentages are all below 50% at every team he has coached besides Canberra and Australia. However I definitely agree that having him and Henry as coaches would be good.

Wow that's news Pete...

Of course, another Ex Prop! I've never been a big fan of Sheens, seemed to regularly find himself at the head of well-run teams but you're never quite sure if that's because of him, or in spite of him.... but i guess we could do worse than signing the current National coach I suppose. His sides generally play an exciting style of footy and he seems to have a knack of landing superstars in his team.

Would we have to pay him? Or would the Tigers still be picking up the cheque??

Maybe if we get Sheens it could encourage some of the Aussie rep players and other star players to follow him in club level.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    The only thing that worries me about Sheens is that his winning percentages are all below 50% at every team he has coached besides Canberra and Australia.
    Considering his days at Canberra made up almost a third of his NRL coaching career ... also, 67% winning record as coach of NSW, 67% as City Origin coach, Total NRL coaching winning % = 51% .... but let's hope whoever's responsible for hiring our next coach is doing more than counting past wins. The game, the modern day player, the sporting climate in Australia; it's all changing, and fresh coaching minds with fresh ideas are being rewarded. If we are going to go with an older, established coach like Sheens or even Henry, let's hope we search far and wide for a new support staff with up-to-date, innovative ideas on how to bring our club up to speed.
    Last edited by K2G; 29-08-14 at 10:25 PM.

No thanks to Sheens. While at the Cowboys he managed to get the whole Town to dislike him in the first year he was there. He didn't engage the local Media and fans. Thought he was better than everyone else.

We need a coach to unify the Gold Coast.