Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Agree with everything you said. Our forwards haven't been bad only this week, they are consistently lazy every week. In most games this season we have been outmuscled by every pack, no matter what size.
    I quoted cwhiz but your post came up....gtfo my screen lol
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Once I got over the fact we were **** and accepted the loss I really enjoyed the last 10-15 minutes when we played like a team with no idea how to score a try. It was really fun and exciting.
    yeah I agree lol. It did get entertaining
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Highlight for me wasn't Zillmans's 3 try assists for the Warriors it was having a beer with Cwhiz & Numbers then watching the Manly game
    #itaintweaktospeak

I can't think of anything positive to say and I am just tired of making the same old comments about the rest of the bludgers ... the club needs a real clean out ... only Don will get my points this week and I am glad that Roberts got hooked ... over-rated for mine in the press and on the Forum.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I can't think of anything positive to say and I am just tired of making the same old comments about the rest of the bludgers ... the club needs a real clean out ... only Don will get my points this week and I am glad that Roberts got hooked ... over-rated for mine in the press and on the Forum.
    6 points for Don for me.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hear from Neil Henry following the Titans loss to the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium today.

<script height="315px" width="558px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec =NvZDAwcDp0vpyvVbQUieDzGRKEV9V0cW"></script>

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Watch the match highlights from the Titans clash with the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium.

<script height="315px" width="558px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=owNTAwcDoSel8UwCD4lUzJTNiYdEBLiC&pbid =fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Watch the match highlights from the Titans clash with the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium.
    There were highlights in yesterdays game?

EDIT: Ahh yes.. I see the highlights now. Zillman getting a hand on every try scorer, only to let them slip thru his fingers to cross the line for a try.

I also see they're still persisting with trying to win games by good fortune associated with jerseys etc.. Earlier in the year we dished it up to Storm during our Heritage round.
    Last edited by Toads; 01-09-14 at 07:15 AM.

It came down to attitude and the hope that the season will end sooner rather than later. When they matched the intensity in the second half they held their own and even had more attacking opportunities (not that we know what to do in that situation). I know we had 16 players injured and I didn't expect much considering the season is over but some of these guys are fighting for more permanent spots, contracts and all of them are supposed to be fighting for fans, members and sponsors. They would want to have a different attitude this coming Sunday.

JB, I doubt they care ... it seems like they all want to be elsewhere ... can't blame them really except they are on contracts which is something that should tweak their collective consciences ... but then again they have never demonstrated much in the way of loyalty, commitment or self-respect so we shouldn't be bothered either.

#sackthewholebloodylot
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Well said Titanic

Gold Coast Titans bomb out in lead up to finals with the team failing to score a single point against the Warriors on the weekend

THE Titans probably thought they had experienced every low possible this season.

But they plunged to new depths against the Warriors in the opening hour of yesterday’s 42-0 shellacking, looking like a team begging for the end of the season to arrive*.

The worst thing that can be said about any outfit is that they are playing without pride.

But the Titans looked for much of the game like they would rather be anywhere but Mt Smart Stadium, dropping their heads and looking for someone else to blame.

Granted, they are facing an injury crisis as bad as any in their history and could choose an entire first-grade squad from the players unavailable.

But for the first time in the club’s 195-game history, they failed yesterday to score a single point.

And with their sixth successive loss, they equalled the club’s record losing streak — a mark they set earlier this season. Even in the wooden spoon season of 2011 things didn’t get this bad.

The Warriors had plenty to play for yesterday, with a spot in the eight on the line.

And when on song, as they were in the opening hour, the Kiwis are one of the most fearsome attacking outfits in the competition.

The Titans’ feeble defensive efforts were inexcusable, though.

Greg Bird’s scuffle with Warriors winger Ngani Laumape will come under the scrutiny of the match review committee but, his actions did seem to spark his teammates into action.

The captain conceded before the clash he had to lift his standards and while raw aggression* may not be the answer, it at least lifted his fellow Titans from their malaise*.

After seeming as though they would have at least a half-century notched against them following two soft tries in the opening minutes of the second term, the Titans suddenly found some grit.

They held their line for the final half-hour of the game and threatened to score to restore* some pride.

That is now left for this weekend, with the Titans desperate to salvage something from what has been a forgettable season.

Sunday’s clash against the Bulldogs — in what is likely to be Neil Henry’s first match in charge as John Cartwright’s long-term successor — must convince Titans fans there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Less than two months into the season the Titans led the competition.

But they become just the seventh team since the inception of compulsory grand finals in 1954, to miss the playoffs after leading through the first six rounds of the season. The last? The Gold Coast Titans in 2008.

With club stalwarts turning out for the final time and another slip down the ladder still possible, the Titans are playing for pride in Sunday’s final round.

It’s not good enough to end such a tough season on an insipid note.

Not good enough to send foundation player Mark Minichiello and stalwart Ashley Harrison out with anything less than their best. And not good enough to win back their dwindling fan base.

This time they have to turn up.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl