Default Hello fellow a Titans fans

Hi,
    Long time lurker!
    Decided to take the plunge and say hi!
    Still watching the Dragons game and it 'ain't pretty! Wanting to do my bit to support the team into the 2015 season.

Looking forward to the future!

Delighted to have you with us! Always great to know we have many lurkers in our Titans community.

Tell us a little more about yourself.

How long have you supported the Titans? Favourite player? Did you support the old Gold Coast teams? Do you attend games?

You live on the GC?

I'm Brad, I used to live in Brisbane but currently in Hong Kong. So online interaction with Titans fans is important to me.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hello and thanks for the welcome,

My name is Kat and I live on the Gold Coast. I moved here from the UK in 2008 (don't hold that against me!) and discovered rugby league. (I had a deprived childhood being forced to watch Rugby Union)

It took a while to get my head around some of the rules -40/20 kicks and odd looking scrums - but the footy became a regular fixture on the TV each weekend and we went to a couple of home matches and loved it.

We (hubby and kids) joined as members in 2011 and sit over in the old Sand section 32 and we've been there ever since! Was seriously doubting renewing this year due to lack of passion from the team and the effort on the field, but with the changes with Carty going, new board etc we'll be there next year.

Favourite player was Ryan James, just because he lifted the team every time he came on. This year, just love the addition of Mortimer Hoping that he'll create some much needed spark into the team and create something good with Sezer.

After a disappointing season, looking forward to the future and hope that the community can get behind the team. Would be great to see the fans unite for 2015 and get the crowds back behind the team.

Ah wow UK and a new convert. That's great.

I follow RL in the UK alot and I know the game struggles to get a foothold in the south. Which is a shame and a massive disadvantage.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

The only sport I followed before league was tennis! League isn't really on the radar in the UK. Soccer is the main sport followed by Union. It was great to see the World Cup and I think it will do the game good spreading the word.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you explain thumbs up / thumbs down?

Quote Originally Posted by K4SE View Post
    The only sport I followed before league was tennis! League isn't really on the radar in the UK. Soccer is the main sport followed by Union. It was great to see the World Cup and I think it will do the game good spreading the word.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you explain thumbs up / thumbs down?
    Just like facebook really. If people like what you say they can thumbs up you. Useful when they agree but dont necessarily have anything further to add.

I agree about the World Cup, international competition is vital to spread the game.

Thanks - that's what I thought , just wanted to check! Managed to sort out an avatar too! Very proud of myself! Lol!

Welcome K4SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Welcome K4SE.
    Thanks!