Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

I think he should play 2nd row, but at this point in time he woukd be my first centre option, pending who plays FB.

Let's stop putting square pegs into round holes ... Zillman is a FB, not a very good one, but he is NOT a centre, so in or out as a FB but no more bloody Cartwright "fixes", please.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    At this stage I would say not much. We still have not strengthened up the 1,6,7, and 9 although it seems some signings are pending. I was watching the Back Page earlier and they were talking about Parra and James Hooper said Taka was going there.
    The Spine is the same but the rest of the team looks alot younger and alot fresher on paper which is why i rate it better than this yrs.

I think the players we have lost strengthens the squad dramatically.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

since when is centre more work than second row? thats crazy talk. second rowers ar super fit, and Taylor playing at centre was so that he could have more impact and be less tired. i feel like im taking crazy pills.

He might not be quick enough for it, but thats a different kettle of fish,

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Taylor could be an alright centre but I just think that he is not fit enough for 80mins and he is not quick enough. He is working harder at centre which makes him tired. This often leads to defensive lapses or attacking options being ruined. I think he is better suited to second row where he doesn't need so much pace and fitness.
    not sherrif srs?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    since when is centre more work than second row? thats crazy talk. second rowers ar super fit, and Taylor playing at centre was so that he could have more impact and be less tired. i feel like im taking crazy pills.

He might not be quick enough for it, but thats a different kettle of fish,
    I meant a centre has to play 80 mins but he only plays 50-60mins as a second rower. He is already puffing after 30-40 mins. Playing for a longer amount of time will make you more tired won't it?? Sure if he works on his fitness and speed he could be a great centre but until then he should be an impact forward.

I meant a centre has to play 80 mins but he only plays 50-60mins as a second rower. He is already puffing after 30-40 mins. Playing for a longer amount of time will make you more tired won't it?? Sure if he works on his fitness and speed he could be a great centre but until then he should be an impact forward.
    So you're saying you think Taylor should be coming off the interchange?

He isn't an 80 minute player so that makes him either a starting or bench second rower IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    So you're saying you think Taylor should be coming off the interchange?
    I worded that wrong. I think he should be starting second rower and play 40mins, take a break and then come back on at the 55 minute mark. This gives him a breather (kinda like Broncs gave Parker) and adds to his impact when he comes back on. I think we should develop him into a 80 min player eventually but for now give him a 10-15min break in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    He isn't an 80 minute player so that makes him either a starting or bench second rower IMO.
    Yes I think playing him for 80mins lessens his impact. Give him a 10-15 minute breather to give him back his energy. This will make his runs harder and errors/defensive reads will also reduce.

I worded that wrong. I think he should be starting second rower and play 40mins, take a break and then come back on at the 55 minute mark. This gives him a breather (kinda like Broncs gave Parker) and adds to his impact when he comes back on. I think we should develop him into a 80 min player eventually but for now give him a 10-15min break in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I think playing him for 80mins lessens his impact. Give him a 10-15 minute breather to give him back his energy. This will make his runs harder and errors/defensive reads will also reduce.
    so play 40 mins, have break, then come back on? i think your describing halftime.

lol i think youve been twisted about a bit by people picking your posts, so im not trying to hang rubbish on you. but playing centre for 80 minutes, he gets tonnes of short rests to be ready for explosive impacts. second row he needs a break cos its constant coming at him.

i like him at centre, but its not really a long term solution that will benefit anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Agreed. In my opinion he will get found out defensively if he stays at centre by anyone who has a bit of zip. If he was used properly as a back rower he would run wide in attack which puts him near the centres anyway, but in defence I don't want him out there.
    I also agree with some others that he is not an 80 minute player so I think he should get a spell from time to time that should increase his impact in attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Agreed. In my opinion he will get found out defensively if he stays at centre by anyone who has a bit of zip. If he was used properly as a back rower he would run wide in attack which puts him near the centres anyway, but in defence I don't want him out there.
    I also agree with some others that he is not an 80 minute player so I think he should get a spell from time to time that should increase his impact in attack.
    Exactly. Glad someone agrees with me

Exactly. Glad someone agrees with me
    We are a narcissistic collective and everybody agrees with everybody
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-10-14 at 04:14 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    so play 40 mins, have break, then come back on? i think your describing halftime.
    LOL'd
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

I cannot wait for the Nines next year so i thought id put together the 18 that i believe we should be taking over. I think we definately have the size, speed and talent to win this so why not go for it. I would love to see a side that resembles this.

1. James Roberts
    2. Paul Carter
    3. Kevin Gordon
    4. Anthony Don
    5. Daniel Mortimer
    6. David Mead
    7. Aiden Sezer
    8. Ryan James
    9. William Zillman
    10.Kane Elgey
    11.Kalifa Faifai Loa
    12.Brad Tighe