Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I was holding off posting this until Roberts had played a few games for us, but I had a bit of a chat to him when he first started training with us and he said I asked him if he was keen to play fullback and he said he was. I like him as a centre as opposed to a winger, but I am also incredibly excited about what he could bring playing in a fullback role. I think he isn't quite there with fitness yet but as he matures as a player and gets more time in the NRL I'm more than confident that he could be a star back there.
    Awesome post. Thanks HS. Yeah, you can just see from the way he plays, he's a fullback in his own mind. Like you, I'm really happy with how he is tracking along at centre - suitably impressed in fact. I'm sure that if he stays there his entire career he could very well end up with the highest calibre of centres in the game. Therefore, a large part of me doesn't want anything to disturb his development in the centres. The progress he's making coupled with the fact that the position has been one of our most troublesome over the years - there is a strong argument to leave him be. But after only a hand full of games for us already, you've got to wonder what he could offer as a fullback in the right circumstances... I suppose I was just floating the idea out there, that if a legitimate shoot-out for the #1 jersey eventuates, based on individual merit, I don't see why he wouldn't be in with a chance. Fitness would understandably be an issue (although Zilly being the beep-test-king doesn't seem to count for much), he also doesn't strike me as a big talker who could organise the defensive line or call plays (whereas I think Mead has been around long enough to handle that responsibility) - maybe needs to develop a bit of a passing game (although many of the great ones didn't have that string in their bow when they started out) ... but on wether or not he could be a fullback, i too have little doubt.

Ultimately, it's got to be about team balance though, and I'm not sure we can afford to move him out of the centres as it stands.

It is exciting to consider what changes Henry (assuming he gets the gig) will make for 2015 though, because not only are there many to be made, he will want to make the team his own. He let Zillman go once (at the raiders), hopefully sanity prevails for a second time. Hoping Myles to the back row with Taylor. Bird to lock, and carter coming of the bench. White, Dougie, Ioane and ... someone else in the front row rotation. Sick of seeing Myles walk it to the line for hit-ups, and bird c*ck-blocking his outside men.

Looks like we're still making a play for Karmichael too..

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Not a liar just a.... bender of the truth???
    lol. Mead will own FB whichever club he's at, this is my guarantee. Of course I was lying about Zilly, I copped a quick 1-2 thumbs down punch from Titan92 hahah
    Last edited by teke; 21-08-14 at 01:23 AM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

1. Mead
    2. FaiFai Loa/Gordon
    3. Roberts
    4. Blair/Tighe/Kelly
    5. Don
    6. Sezer
    7. Mortimer
    8. Douglas
    9. Srama
    10. Bailey
    11. Carter
    12. Myles
    13. Bird

14. Ryan James
    15. Mathew White
    16. Falloon
    17. Taylor

But I'd love some more go forward. Ben Hannant would be a great addition, but who knows with Ryan back it might make a huge difference.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 21-08-14 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    1. Mead
    2. FaiFai Loa/Gordon
    3. Roberts
    4. Blair/Tighe/Kelly
    5. Don
    6. Sezer
    7. Mortimer
    8. Douglas
    9. Srama
    10. Bailey
    11. Carter
    12. Myles
    13. Bird

14. Ryan James
    15. Mathew White
    16. Falloon
    17. Taylor

But I'd love some more go forward. Ben Hannant would be a great addition, but who knows with Ryan back it might make a huge difference.
    Great Team JB! This is basically my ideal team as it stands.

I think Carter should be coming off the bench with Taylor starting, and I'd also like to hope this will be Bailey's last season wit us, with White (for lack of other options) starting and Ioane on the bench. White has been solid without being great this season -and perhaps coming off the knee opp, having 2014 under his belt - next season we'll see the steel back in his running. However I also agree we need another big guy that runs hard and bends the line. Hannant would be good, I'd rather BJ Lawrence back - but yes Ryan James fully fit and hungry might be just what we need.

Myles in the second row is another conundrum - I've called for it too, as I still think that's where he has played his best footy throughout his career - but I just haven't seen the agility and quickness in his game for so long, that compared to a Gillett or a Cordner for example, he seems way off the pace in a few departments. Maybe under a new coach etc etc ... but as I see it, I'm wondering if Lock isn't a safer option. Myles, Bird, Carter and Ridge are all candidates for that lock jersey in 2015 - it will be interesting to see how it washes out.

1. Mead
    2. Don/Ahwang
    3. Roberts
    4. Blair (for his defence and experience)
    5. KFFL
    6. Sezer
    7. Mortimer
    8. Douglas
    9. Srama
    10. White
    11. Taylor
    12. Myles
    13. Bird

14. James
    15. Ioane
    16. Carter
    17. Burr

I'm gonna cop a bit.

Falloon's exclusion is a biggie but I feel he is very predictable and his little run and pass out of dummy half is starting to frustrate me.

I'm making the assumption that the Lachlan Burr signing is legit. Again, may very well cop some flack for that one but he's much like Carter. Brings a lot of energy and is a big bopper, albeit lean. I like the idea of us having a youthful interchange which is going to bring a significant amount of enthusiasm. Ridge was hard to leave out but I do believe it is going to be a while before we see the best of him given his injury frequency.

Very hard to leave Alby out as he has been one of my favourites however the fact that Mortimer can shift the ball a bit better to JR has sold me.

Another option which hasn't been considered is Jamal Fogarty coming in to the halves. Would like to see him given an extended run in the 7 jersey if opportunity permits, I rate him very highly.

Lets be realistic - we are a few years away from a premiership. Why not shift the focus to developing the youngsters who we want there long term and prepare for 2-4 years from now?

My Dream Side Would Look like this...

1. David Mead
    2. Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
    3. James Roberts
    4. Khan Ahwang
    5. Anthony Don
    6. Aiden Sezer
    7. Albert Kelly
    8. Luke Douglas
    9. Daniel Mortimer (I wouldn't mind having a bit more creativity with three halves on the field)
    10. Ryan James
    11. Greg Bird
    12. David Taylor
    13. Paul Carter
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    14. Cody Nelson
    15. Tom Kingston
    16. Mark Ioane
    17. Matt Srama

Although this team may not sit well with others on this forum, this is just a personal preference of mine. I am a massive fan of having younger players coming through. This is a team i have come up with, without considering current rumors of players coming and going.

1. James Roberts
    2. Anthony Don
    3. David Mead
    4. David Taylor
    5. Khan Ahwang/ Jamal Fogarty
    6. Aiden Sezer
    7. Albert Kelly
    8. Cody Nelson/ Ryan James (if fit and in form)
    9. Daniel Mortimer (think he has been great after thrown into the deep end, puts in 100%)
    10. Luke Douglas
    11. Nate Myles
    12. Paul Carter (use his fire from the start to build a foundation at the beginning of each game)
    13. Greg Bird
    14. Tom Kingston
    15. Caleb Binge
    16. Brad Takaraingi
    17. Mark Ioane

Opted for a balanced team across the park would love to see this team given ago. Agree with squinter that Mortimer in 9 would bring more creativity in over srama or falloon which could actually inject our fullback and halves more.

I do however think our bench will be lacking compared to the bigger clubs, and should sign an upcoming enforcer in the front row (not to mention our lack of depth problems up front now).

I believe JR is primed for fullback, and if its true he wouldn't mind playing FB and mead wouldn't mind playing centre, we shouldn't have any underlying resentment in the team.

Although this team may not win a premiership this year, it gives a lot of young bloods some experience for 2016

I just want a team thats consistent every round not ****ing hodge podge , a team that plays some good footy to watch not the boring crap we have been served up over the last few years.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

So it looks like we will end up with Zillman vs Mead for the fullback spot next year. Make each of them prove they are the Titans number 1 fullback for the future. I personally think that Roberts might go alright at fullback but we need his strike power in the centres. Bailey should be on his last year this year and should take up a coaching role with the forwards. Don must be one of our wingers as he is the best one available at the club. Will be interesting to see if Henry might try Kelly in the centres. Another option would be on the bench as a utility/halfback if Sezer goes and put Ahwang/Blair in the centres. It will be exciting to see our round 1 team and hopefully, as someone said earlier, we can keep a similar team all year.

I'm yet to see anything to suggest that we should be looking forward to playing finals next year...

Hope for
    1. Hoffman
    2. Mead
    3. Roberts
    4. Zillman
    5. Hughes
    6. Sezer
    7. Kelly
    8. Hannant
    9. Mortimer
    10. Douglas
    11. Bird
    12. Carter
    13. Myles
    14. Srama
    15. Ridge
    16. White
    17. Taka
    Would put arona on the bench if signed

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Hope for
    1. Hoffman
    2. Mead
    3. Roberts
    4. Zillman
    5. Hughes
    6. Sezer
    7. Kelly
    8. Hannant
    9. Mortimer
    10. Douglas
    11. Bird
    12. Carter
    13. Myles
    14. Srama
    15. Ridge
    16. White
    17. Taka
    Would put arona on the bench if signed
    James ?
    #itaintweaktospeak

What are people's views on Mortimer at hooker? I see a few people have suggested this, really depends on Kelly's fitness.

We really have missed Kelly in the later half of 2014.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    James ?
    lol. Taylor?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    What are people's views on Mortimer at hooker? I see a few people have suggested this, really depends on Kelly's fitness.

We really have missed Kelly in the later half of 2014.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him have a crack @ 9 & I'm sure his ball distribution would be 2nd to none but he would probably need a wing man for Defence

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    lol. Taylor?
    How easily he's forgotten
    #itaintweaktospeak