Default SHANNON WALKER EYES NRL COMEBACK

NRL News
    August 16, 2014 12

AUSTRALIAN rugby Sevens star Shannon Walker wants to return to the NRL next season and prove he can cut it at fullback.

Walker, 25, signed with the Australian Rugby Union in 2011 as a Sevens player, where he has been a revelation.

After shining at fullback for Tweed Heads in the Queensland Cup in 2007 Walker played only four NRL games with the Titans, but wants another crack.

“I have been on the Rugby Sevens circuit for three years and travelling the world, but I grew up with rugby league and I love everything about it,” Walker tells RLW.

“Now I would like to go back and prove myself.

“And if I did get a crack, I’d like a proper run. I was a bit disappointed just getting 10 or 15 minutes here and there and getting shafted as soon as I did something wrong.

“But there are a lot of people who have faith in me, and I’d like to give back to them. My family was a little bit angry that I left league and went to Sevens, but I needed a change.

“I am keen to come back. I am throwing it out there because I am off contract in December and I want to put all offers on the table. I have been playing wing or centre at rugby but I am keen to go back to fullback in league.”

Walker’s timing is perfect, with the Bulldogs, Knights and Raiders all in the market for a fullback.

For the full story, pick up a copy of Rugby League Week or download it now for iPhone/iPad: http://bit.ly/RLWdigi or Android: http://bit.ly/Xf8di2 Also on Zinio!
    #itaintweaktospeak

No thanks.

I used to like him a lot despite the flaws in his game. But I can't imagine how a few years playing rugby union 7s would enhance his game.

I'd like to see him give it a try though.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER