Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Ive seen similar things happen in the UK and have been envious. I would certainly want to be involved.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Recently news from UK...

RFL agrees partnership with Supporters Direct

The RFL has confirmed that it has agreed a deal with Supporters Direct, in a bid to foster closer relations between rugby league clubs and fans.

Supporters Direct have helped establish almost 20 Supporters’ Trusts in Rugby League since forming the first at Widnes Vikings.

They have gone on to establish supporters’ trusts and help six clubs all over the country – including Hunslet Hawks, Hemel Stags and Rochdale Hornets – into supporter community ownership.

"Supporters Direct have an important role to play in Rugby League by providing support and advice to clubs and fans who wish to work together for the mutual benefit of everyone," RFL Director of Projects and Planning Jon Dutton said.

“All our clubs are deeply rooted in their own communities and Supporters Direct bring the experience and expertise that will ensure we make the most of those important relationships.

"I have seen what Supporters Direct have achieved predominantly in football and this partnership will help ensure that supporters have the ability to further develop a constructive voice in how the sport represents their interests in local communities."

Supporters Direct chief executive Robin Osterley added: "I’d like to thank the RFL for their cooperation and support for our work. What we do as an organisation is not isolated to one sport, one level or one country.

"We believe that the tremendous good that we have done elsewhere can develop and grow even more in Rugby League, and we look forward to helping other supporters to find their voice in the game, and work more closely with their clubs and their charitable arm, Rugby League Cares."

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Manly was only privatised in 2003 when a bloke (Max Delmege) poured millions in to stop the club from going under and in later years it has gone from there. So it's not that long ago. I appreciate that the market value may be lessened to possible buyers if members have some control however the Football club members of Manly that control the preference share only control the team colours and name and that 10 games a year minimum must be played at Brookvale. We would only want owners who would agree to these conditions anyway I would have thought but as you say the almighty dollar controls all. I bet Darryl Kelly would still invest if the Manly model was in place here. Of course the NRL could mandate these conditions anyway I suppose.
    I guess though that Soccer Australia had conditions on Clive Palmer holding the Gold Coast United licence but it still didn't stop him wrecking the club. I think we should avoid the one owner or even majority owner model at all costs.
    Oh well.. There ya go.

The Western Corridor bid team has said they hope to sell initial shares in the club to help fundraise early on.

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    The Western Corridor bid team has said they hope to sell initial shares in the club to help fundraise early on.
    Yea I remember them citing Greenbay Packers. Have seen very little from them since though.

Junior

ok what I am thinking is setting up something similar to what Manly has in "The Football Club". That would involve speaking with the NRL because we would be using the clubs name. If the NRL approves that then we can go to them with the preference share proposal similar to Manly's. I think this would be the best way forward.

Junior

Titans Members Ownership Plan

Establish the Gold Coast Titans Football Club (I will take other name suggestions). This will be:

- A public company limited by guarantee.
    - A membership based company.
    - Will have 3 Directors and hold 1 seat on the Gold Coast Titans Board.
    - Will hold 1 preference share of the Gold Coast Titans giving the members ownership of the Name, Colours (Including Uniform Design) and will also guarantee A certain number of home games be played at Cbus Super Stadium.
    - Membership price will be between $25 - $70 per year
    - All profits will go to junior Rugby League on the Gold Coast.

Any suggestions would be great. I will be funding all of this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    Titans Members Ownership Plan

Establish the Gold Coast Titans Football Club (I will take other name suggestions). This will be:

- A public company limited by guarantee.
    - A membership based company.
    - Will have 3 Directors and hold 1 seat on the Gold Coast Titans Board.
    - Will hold 1 preference share of the Gold Coast Titans giving the members ownership of the Name, Colours (Including Uniform Design) and will also guarantee A certain number of home games be played at Cbus Super Stadium.
    - Membership price will be between $25 - $70 per year
    - All profits will go to junior Rugby League on the Gold Coast.

Any suggestions would be great. I will be funding all of this myself.
    Fully supportive and I can't think of any improvements. I like the idea of any profits after running costs being given to juniors.

Great initiative - I would ask that you consider profits going towards a leadership program for our drunken, drug-eating, girlfriend glassing, hotel pooping bunch. I know I'm being facetious but I reckon that, although worthy, the Coast juniors are a tough bunch to identify who are the most needy.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Great initiative - I would ask that you consider profits going towards a leadership program for our drunken, drug-eating, girlfriend glassing, hotel pooping bunch. I know I'm being facetious but I reckon that, although worthy, the Coast juniors are a tough bunch to identify who are the most needy.
    Could you give me an idea on what you would like the program to do. Like who it would target, what its purpose would be, ect. Its a great idea and will definitely be considered.

The Titans could lead the field in providing key entrepreneurial skills into its playing community. These are young men who, if they succeed, will be cashed-up and have community profile. A joint-program with an organization like Rotary or the Chamber of Commerce could be used to firstly tool them up with confidence and social skills then move up from there.

All associated Titans players should be involved from MM and CC up. Also, camps and ad hoc lectures won't work, this type of program needs to be carefully developed and then continuous throughout their football careers.

The good news is that if done properly apart from the obvious benefits, senior players will eventually become the trainers/leaders and self-perpetuating- that's why it's called a leadership program.
    Last edited by Titanic; 20-03-15 at 11:25 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The Titans could lead the field in providing key entrepreneurial skills into its playing community. These are young men who, if they succeed, will be cashed-up and have community profile. A joint-program with an organization like Rotary or the Chamber of Commerce could be used to firstly tool them up with confidence and social skills then move up from there.

All associated Titans players should be involved from MM and CC up. Also, camps and ad hoc lectures won't work, this type of program needs to be carefully developed and then continuous throughout their football careers.

The good news is that if done properly apart from the obvious benefits, senior players will eventually become the trainers/leaders and self-perpetuating- that's why it's called a leadership program.
    That is a phenomenal proposal Titanic.

I think we should all throw our ideas into this.

TitansFan92, you come across as a switched on person, well done for thinking outside the box.

I'd love to see a more traditional, memberbased ownership model, even if it was just a slice such as Manly and Souths.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I think we should all throw our ideas into this.

TitansFan92, you come across as a switched on person, well done for thinking outside the box.

I'd love to see a more traditional, memberbased ownership model, even if it was just a slice such as Manly and Souths.
    Thanks DH. I would be modeling our proposal to the NRL to the way Manly have there model (The Football Club) set up. MT has been very helpful in getting me all the info I need to be able to do that.

I think myself like many others do not want another owner to come in and destroy the club like Searle almost did so its time for members to step in. If that means I got to spend a little cash then so be it. I am not in this for the money, I am in it to restore the clubs name and to make sure it is around for the long haul.

And like Diehard said guys chuck all your thoughts and ideas in here.

A little off topic (kinda), But what happens with the funds they raise from selling the first try-scorer tickets at the home games?

That might be something that could go to better use than what it already does.