Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

A new game has emerged this season ... Fantasy Franchise Football.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Default Titans Supporters Ownership?

We as members should have an opportunity to buy a part of the club. I would certainly jump at the chance to buy into the club and am lucky enough to have the means to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    We as members should have an opportunity to buy a part of the club. I would certainly jump at the chance to buy into the club and am lucky enough to have the means to do so.
    Great idea, I would as well

Great idea. I would be in.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Junior

We should start a new thread. See who would be interested and get a proposal going to put to the NRL. I would want Kelly in as well. What do you guys think?

you would be looking at over 5 million with 10 million surety..............how many are chucking in?

This doesn't need to involve large amounts of money. It can be done through wording on the club's constitution which obviously now the NRL would need to agree to.
    Sorry to mention Manly but it's the club I know about. Members of the Football Club (not the Leagues Club) control the preference share and owners of that share determine the club's location and colours. It also involves having a seat on the Board. I am not sure how many members of the Football Club there are but all of us are listed in the Annual Report and there are hundreds but not over a thousand from memory. I pay $25 a year to be a member of the football club. I am no lawyer and have no idea how this was originally set up but it does protect the club from some owners potential actions. I have no idea whether it can be set up here but it does give the members a sense of ownership.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    you would be looking at over 5 million with 10 million surety..............how many are chucking in?
    I was thinking only 50% ownership meaning around 2.5 million and 5 million surety and the other 50% can either be Kelly or the NRL owned. We have just over 8000 members this year. So if we can get at least 2500 of them interested that would only mean $1000 per member to own as a collective 50% of the club.

For the surety it would only be an extra $2000 for those members. It would be an investment for the members and they would own part of there club. As part of the proposal for the NRL I would say we need 2 board members to be from the members.

I was thinking only 50% ownership meaning around 2.5 million and 5 million surety and the other 50% can either be Kelly or the NRL owned. We have just over 8000 members this year. So if we can get at least 2500 of them interested that would only mean $1000 per member to own as a collective 50% of the club.

For the surety it would only be an extra $2000 for those members. It would be an investment for the members and they would own part of there club. As part of the proposal for the NRL I would say we need 2 board members to be from the members.
    Don't think we would have a hope of getting 2500 people putting in a grand. Ownership is an ongoing thing and not just for a year so what happens if/when the club makes a loss and the owners (all of them) need to kick in more. Trying to organise many small part owners to all pitch in more would be unworkable. Be like trying to herd cats.
    I know it's only early in people's thoughts but it aint as easy as it might look.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Don't think we would have a hope of getting 2500 people putting in a grand. Ownership is an ongoing thing and not just for a year so what happens if/when the club makes a loss and the owners (all of them) need to kick in more. Trying to organise many small part owners to all pitch in more would be unworkable. Be like trying to herd cats.
    I know it's only early in people's thoughts but it aint as easy as it might look.
    I know it won't be easy but its worth it in my mind. I have built 2 businesses from the ground up both still going strong to this day. They are 2 of the most rewarding things I have done in my young life. Would have to look at ways to make revenue like a leagues club but as you said it is only early days in the thought process, still got to get the support of the people and the NRL would have to consider it.

Junior

Ok so this is a more appropriate place to put this. As said in Marwan Koukash thread I am going to put a proposal to the NRL for Titans member to have a say in the decision making of the club in an official capacity. Be in though part ownership or another way I am open to suggestions. The way I see this happening is we vote as members on an individual to have a seat on the board that has the final decision on certain things like where we play our home games and uniforms as well having a say on all other club maters.

My question is What other things do you think the members should decide and what would you be willing to pay for like an add on to which ever membership you hold in where you get a vote on decisions made by members.

As MT pointed out in regards to Manly, would be the only way I could see it working. But a lot of that probably only come about by the way Clubs of that era were formed. Where the emphasis was uniting as Club was more important than the finances. Gotta remember, it was a completely different era, back when even the players held down a job during the week.

Now, with that said. It's got me totally stumped to how we could get something to come about in the modern era where Sporting Franchises are all about the mighty dollar..
    Last edited by Toads; 18-03-15 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    As MT pointed out in regards to Manly, would be the only way I could see it working. But a lot of that probably only come about by the way Clubs of that era were formed. Where the emphasis was uniting as Club was more important than the finances. Gotta remember, it was a completely different era, back when even the players held down a job during the week.

Now, with that said. It's got me totally stumped to how we could get something to come about in the modern era where Sporting Franchises are all about the mighty dollar..
    Manly was only privatised in 2003 when a bloke (Max Delmege) poured millions in to stop the club from going under and in later years it has gone from there. So it's not that long ago. I appreciate that the market value may be lessened to possible buyers if members have some control however the Football club members of Manly that control the preference share only control the team colours and name and that 10 games a year minimum must be played at Brookvale. We would only want owners who would agree to these conditions anyway I would have thought but as you say the almighty dollar controls all. I bet Darryl Kelly would still invest if the Manly model was in place here. Of course the NRL could mandate these conditions anyway I suppose.
    I guess though that Soccer Australia had conditions on Clive Palmer holding the Gold Coast United licence but it still didn't stop him wrecking the club. I think we should avoid the one owner or even majority owner model at all costs.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 18-03-15 at 09:09 PM.

count me in
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Manly was only privatised in 2003 when a bloke (Max Delmege) poured millions in to stop the club from going under and in later years it has gone from there. So it's not that long ago. I appreciate that the market value may be lessened to possible buyers if members have some control however the Football club members of Manly that control the preference share only control the team colours and name and that 10 games a year minimum must be played at Brookvale. We would only want owners who would agree to these conditions anyway I would have thought but as you say the almighty dollar controls all. I bet Darryl Kelly would still invest if the Manly model was in place here. Of course the NRL could mandate these conditions anyway I suppose.
    I guess though that Soccer Australia had conditions on Clive Palmer holding the Gold Coast United licence but it still didn't stop him wrecking the club. I think we should avoid the one owner or even majority owner model at all costs.
    This is what we want more then ownership. Obviously would have to buy a percentage of the club but with a preference share that ensures the members control the colours, name, and where we play home games. Who is good at writing professional emails. Anything else you guys think the members should have control of?