Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hopefully this happens. Just walk away completely please.

Henry Likes The Idea Of New Owners

Titans interim coach would welcome new investors if it solves the club's financial woes

Interim Gold Coast coach Neil Henry has welcomed any potential owners looking to invest into the Titans with the club looking to improve its financial position.

The Titans franchise is undergoing big administration changes in the midst of foundation coach John Cartwright's resignation and former club owner Michael Searle choosing to step out of the boardroom.

"Any cash injection would into the club would be fantastic, we do struggle and are locked into deals that hurt us.

"It is a complex one, Searly [Michael Searle] has got his equity in the club and Darryl Kelly, it's been one of those things, there's been talk before," Henry said.

The Gold Coast Titans have a salary cap investigation hanging over their head which Henry admits is not very attractive.s.

Henry says the problems off the field have sometimes been brought on by on-field performances.

"We haven't made finals for four years, certainly that's hurting with the fans as well, they need a successful team here.

"The big positive is [NRL CEO] Dave Smith has said the Titans aren't going anywhere, the football entity on the Gold Coast is here to stay.

Henry also asked if the NRL could assist them with funds given it is the first time the club is not privately owned.

Listen to Neil Henry on Triple M

Henry agreed with comments made by Queensland great Kevin Walters who said the club is one strike player short.

Neil Henry is expected to meet with Titans officials next week, with the club publicly stating it wants to make a decision fairly quickly.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/spo...titans-owners/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gold Coast Titans set for rescue package as investors ready bid for Michael Searle’s share.

A SECRET consortium has begun due diligence into a rescue package for the Titans.

The Courier-Mail can reveal a posse of “substantially wealthy” Queensland businessmen are ready to enter talks to buy out founder Michael Searle’s 39 per cent stake in the Titans.

As revealed on Thursday, Searle confirmed his willingness to offload his shareholding, valued at $4.4 million.

That stance prompted Titans chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle to reach out to potential investors at a time when the embattled Titans are fighting to attract marquee sponsors for the 2015 season.

Now a multi million-dollar lifeline is on the horizon. A spokesman for the consortium revealed plans to contact Searle and co-owner Darryl Kelly within seven days to discuss an investment proposal to secure the Titans’ long-term survival.

The businessmen wish to remain anonymous but are genuine about buying out Searle, having first met with the NRL two years ago during the Titans’ $25m debt crisis.

“There is renewed interest in helping the Titans,” the consortium spokesman said on Friday.

“Several are substantially wealthy individuals with a passion for rugby league, but from a business perspective it would need to be a viable investment.

“I’ve spoken to the consortium of guys. They have been looking at a few NRL clubs and they have indicated they are happy to progress conversations and make a formal approach to the Titans.

TIME FOR TAYLOR TO STEP UP: HENRY

TRIM HALA HAS A NEW LEASE ON LIFE

“We will look to do that in the next week.

“The consortium have significant wealth but they are not stupid about business investment. They want to know exactly what they are walking into at the Titans and we’ll look to meet with the club to make an informed decision.”

The financial heavy-hitters first attempted to buy the Titans in 2012, making an official approach to the NRL. But the code’s governors were reluctant to advance talks, opting for a restructure of the Titans that enabled Searle to retain his stake in the club.

Frizelle welcomed potential investment in the Titans.

The businessmen wish to remain anonymous but are genuine about buying out Searle, having first met with the NRL two years ago during the Titans’ $25m debt crisis.

“There is renewed interest in helping the Titans,” the consortium spokesman said on Friday.

“Several are substantially wealthy individuals with a passion for rugby league, but from a business perspective it would need to be a viable investment.

“I’ve spoken to the consortium of guys. They have been looking at a few NRL clubs and they have indicated they are happy to progress conversations and make a formal approach to the Titans.

TIME FOR TAYLOR TO STEP UP: HENRY

TRIM HALA HAS A NEW LEASE ON LIFE

“We will look to do that in the next week.

“The consortium have significant wealth but they are not stupid about business investment. They want to know exactly what they are walking into at the Titans and we’ll look to meet with the club to make an informed decision.”

The financial heavy-hitters first attempted to buy the Titans in 2012, making an official approach to the NRL. But the code’s governors were reluctant to advance talks, opting for a restructure of the Titans that enabled Searle to retain his stake in the club.

Frizelle welcomed potential investment in the Titans.

Clubs circling Daly Cherry-Evans & Kieran Foran
    http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/e...n47vz9c5xuj3mc

“We are happy to talk to people who want to invest in the Titans and further strengthen it on the Coast,” she said.

It has emerged British billionaire Marwan Koukash has no interest in financial aid for the Gold Coast. Koukash, the owner of UK club Salford, has been linked to the Titans, but it is understood he has no desire to bankroll the Coast.

Broncos shareholder Phil Murphy, who has been in talks with Koukash to offload his 22 per cent stake, said the Palestine-born tycoon had not spoken of assisting the Titans.

“Marwan is keen to be involved with an Australian (NRL) club, but his primary interest is the Broncos,” Murphy said.

“He likes the power of the Broncos brand and the success the club has had. If I sold my stake in the Broncos, I personally wouldn’t be looking at the Titans.”
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

This apparent consortium is looking for a return on their investment aye? Maybe they might want to do a little research on sporting franchises in Australia first, then they might get some insight to how viable it is for them to expect a return on it.

Yes it's possible, but they'd probably want to take a similar approach as to what Daryl Kelly has. Because they'll have to buy into it, and tip a lot more in (the right avenues) for a few years to come even before they see anything come back their way.

And because of that, I have a bit of doubt that this consortium even exist.. Gunna call it BS on the above article.

Billionaire Marwan Koukash eyes Titans NRL club making a move north
    PETER BADEL EXCLUSIVE THE COURIER-MAIL FEBRUARY 10, 2015 11:00PM

BRITISH billionaire Marwan Koukash will consider investing in a relocated Gold Coast NRL team after aborting plans to buy a stake in the Brisbane Broncos.

Koukash, one of the richest men in world sport with an estimated worth of $3 billion, detailed his investment plan and urged the NRL to move the Titans closer to Brisbane.

Koukash is one of the UK’s great success stories, an eccentric, ambitious Palestinian refugee who has directed $5 million of his wealth to resurrect English league club Salford City.

Now the 56-year-old is ready to bring his billions to the NRL, having spent the past three months doing due diligence on the Broncos in talks with minority shareholder Phil Murphy.

But with News Corp, publishers of The Courier-Mail, having no plans to sell its 68 per cent stake in Brisbane, Koukash has gone cold on his Broncos ownership plan.

“A minority shareholder (Murphy) is interested in selling his shares, but I won’t be buying them,” Koukash said from the UK last night.

“I won’t be involved with the Broncos as a minority shareholder, that would not be of interest to me.

“If you’re asking whether I want to be involved in the Broncos ... well, I wouldn’t want to be involved with them or any other club as a minority shareholder. I don’t want others making decisions on my behalf.

“I have not spoken to News Corp and I have no plans to speak with them in the near future either. I don’t want to be a part-time owner, I want to be involved in the major decision-making of the club.

“The Broncos have been very successful and I have no doubt under the leadership of Wayne (Bennett, coach), he will get them to a grand final within two or three years.

“I’m taking my time now. This is not all talk, I want the NRL to know I am very interested in being involved, but I just don’t want to be a small investor, I want to be involved in the running of the club.”

With his Broncos dream seemingly dashed, Koukash remains determined to be a major player in the NRL.

Ideally, he wants to invest in an NRL team within 12 months and has tabled a radical proposal for a British-based team to play in the Australian premiership.

But with the NRL unlikely to entertain such a logistical nightmare, Koukash’s other option could be bankrolling a Queensland team to rival the Broncos.

The Titans’ financial struggles have been well documented over the past two years and Koukash’s vast wealth would transform an ailing Gold Coast club overnight.

The colourful Salford owner has not been in contact with the Titans, but says he would not rule out any viable NRL investment.

“Why doesn’t the NRL move the Gold Coast to Brisbane?” Koukash said.

“That would be a fantastic idea to move the Titans north. They are not going to get enough support on the Gold Coast, but having two Brisbane teams, you can be guaranteed that the two fixtures, a derby against the Broncos, will create a massive interest.

“I don’t care about the region, what I do care about is that it needs to be the right opportunity for me.

“One day I hope to be involved in the NRL and ideally, it would be nice to be involved this time next year.

“I will work very hard to make it happen. I will not give up. I will spend as much as a club is worth.

“The NRL is a great competition, I have a great passion for rugby league and I want to be a part of it.”

I had just read this article and was about to post it. If the possibility of this bloke owning the club doesn't send shivers up your spine, nothing will. Sounds so much like Clive Palmer it ain't funny.
    Get lost Marwan.

I don't believe relocating the Titans north, and essentially re-branding us as 'the second brisbane team' would help win us fans at all.

"I don’t care about the region, what I do care about is that it needs to be the right opportunity for me."

Alarmingly, I still wouldn't mind this guy buying into the club, and I also thought moving to logan wasn't such a bad idea as far as remaining a gold coast team while potentially increasing our share in the lucrative brisbane market.

dolla dolla bills ya'll.

Just thought I would look at some English RL sites for a few details about this bloke. A few things I recall is that Salford have sold less than 1,000 season tickets (so he doesn't seem to be exciting the fans), he wants the clubs to run Super League as he has no confidence in the governing body, and he wants the salary cap increased to allow for a marquee signing (the clubs have voted this down much to his dislike).
    Koukash may well be in the right with all of these issues as I don't know enough about these stories, however he seems to push his own barrow all the time (aka Palmer).
    Like you K2G I wouldn't mind him buying in to a club (preferably not ours) but he would be a disaster as a majority owner with all the power. Anything less doesn't seem to interest him.

If the club is relocated it will lose most of the supporters it still has left here including me but it's not going to happen..

This bloke just likes to read his name in the papers, sounds like 2 other blokes Tinkler & Palmer :boo:
    #itaintweaktospeak

Hit the nail on the head, Pete. This bloke just blowing his own trumpet with little to no commitment. Also, it clearly shows this goose has no idea about the rivalry between the two cities that has gone on for years.

Badel, stop giving this wooduck a platform to spruik his crap.

If he wants a Brisbane team then start one himself. The league has said they want another S/E Qld team.

Absolutely correct Ozy and he could go one step further by making it Salford in Australia and then he gets both his grand plans - an NRL frnchise and a Pommie team in the comp.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Moving the Titans from the Gold Coast to Brisbane is such a bad bad idea.

We need the Gold Coast and Brisbane is a separate issue which needs a new club to address.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gold Coast Titans drugs saga: Millionaires line up to buy embattled club
    PETER BADEL THE COURIER-MAIL
    MARCH 02, 2015 12:00AM

A SECRET consortium of multi-millionaires will meet with the NRL to discuss buying Gold Coast’s licence after devising a blueprint to make the Titans a rugby league powerhouse.

In a huge boost for the embattled Titans, a group of Queensland-based corporate white knights are ready to launch a fresh bid after the NRL’s takeover on Tuesday provided greater certainty.

The team of bankers and finance experts are described as “seriously wealthy”.

The consortium first approached the NRL in 2012 during the Titans’ debt crisis and made it clear providing start-up capital of $15 million would not be problematic.

At the time, the NRL opted for a restructure, but the ostensible collapse of the Titans has convinced the governing body to seek external investment once they stabilise the club.

Now the consortium are back on the radar. While co-owner Darryl Kelly will reinvest in the Titans, the 64-year-old does not want to own the club outright after losing at least $5.3 million trying to salvage the wreckage.

That opens the door for the new team of investors, whose interest was legitimate enough for a representative to contact Titans boss Graham Annesley three weeks ago.

The consortium were set to walk away following the cocaine crisis that hit the club, but the NRL’s decision to step in has given the business tycoons confidence in the Titans brand.

The potential investors have spent recent months performing due diligence, even drawing up an ownership model that includes the Titans having a leagues-club style facility to provide additional revenue streams.

A consortium spokesman confirmed the group is ready to ramp-up negotiations with the NRL, who are also helping Newcastle recover from Nathan Tinkler’s ownership saga.

“These people are seriously wealthy, start-up capital is not an issue,” the spokesman told The Courier-Mail.

“When we initially met (in 2012), we looked at around $12 million to $15m (to rebuild the club) and that wasn’t a problem.

“It’s hard to say what they would pay for a NRL licence now the Titans have been taken over, but $3m to $5m would be small fry for these investors.

“Committing funds would not be a problem, but it’s whether the Titans are a viable investment and where and how the funds would be allocated.”

A key plank of the investors’ plan is for the Titans to have diverse income streams. The NRL-controlled club is set to move to Parkwood International golf course in coming weeks as part a $100m redevelopment plan that would cater for a community club.

“The Titans model moving forward has to have more diverse revenue streams than just football,” the spokesman said.

“The NRL are aware of our consortium. Once we can put forward our model and the desire to drive a proper leagues club, hopefully the NRL are interested and then can move forward with some talks.”

The NRL is taking a cautious approach but will consider a buyout package at the right time.

“Our first priority is to stabilise the Titans and rebuild the club so it has a secure financial future,” an NRL spokesman said.

“At an appropriate time, the NRL will welcome approaches from private investors interested in taking over the running of the club.

“However, we have a duty to the players and fans to secure the club’s future first and that is what we will do.”

Kelly, who owned 47.2 per cent of the Titans, welcomed financial aid from the powerful group of businessmen.

“I hope there are some other investors out there but we still have some work to do,” he said.

“Hopefully someone will come on board eventually.”
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Secret millionaires with their secret millions..... Put up or shut up.