Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

I have heard from a certain source that David Mead makes a very good left centre and was scouted from there. I would like to see him given a good go at it if he's not gonna be played at fullback.

Yeah I was only suggesting Roberts at FB because I want his hands on the ball more. Although hopefully we can keep him at centre and Henry teaches our halves to give him the ball more. He is our most destructive player.

I must say, that was the most encouraging game I've seen in a while, especially from our new seats.

I also have to say that I dont think I've seen so few people in the Legion before, was a tad depressing to hear the people infront of us joking about how "pathetic" they were. (not my choice in words.....quoting the people in the row in front of us)

In regards to Gordon...... I watched as he trained before the game and thought hold on, he's not in the line up....... then wondered

Gordons played QLD Cup many times during his returns from injury....... maybe Henry thought its not enough of a deterant for him to play QLD Cup...... maybe run him on the field infront of everyone and then not playing him ............. just a thought

Here's to 2015

I thought yesterday was one our better performances of the year. Manly are of the best attacking teams in the comp and we limited them to 15 points. It was our attack and the final pass on their line that let us down in my opinion.We had at least 4 sets back to back on their line and the first half and couldn't make them pay. We can build the pressure we just cant finish it. I was just happy we were pretty disciplined when it come to penalties and errors.

Also was it just me or did it seem like there were more Manly fans then our own there yesterday. Being inside the stadium they were certainly alot louder then us in my opinion. I also believe James Roberts needs to move to fullback. It would put us in a bit of a dilemma obviously with Mead and Zillman already competing for that position. But in my opinion Roberts has got the potential to be as good as Jarrad Hayne. He is so fast off the mark, strong and has got a good fend. I dont see why Zillman cant play centre. And i really like Mead and id love to keep him but i truly believe Roberts at fullback would make our attack are alot more potent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly.to.Roberts View Post
    I thought yesterday was one our better performances of the year. Manly are of the best attacking teams in the comp and we limited them to 15 points. It was our attack and the final pass on their line that let us down in my opinion.We had at least 4 sets back to back on their line and the first half and couldn't make them pay. We can build the pressure we just cant finish it. I was just happy we were pretty disciplined when it come to penalties and errors.

Also was it just me or did it seem like there were more Manly fans then our own there yesterday. Being inside the stadium they were certainly alot louder then us in my opinion. I also believe James Roberts needs to move to fullback. It would put us in a bit of a dilemma obviously with Mead and Zillman already competing for that position. But in my opinion Roberts has got the potential to be as good as Jarrad Hayne. He is so fast off the mark, strong and has got a good fend. I dont see why Zillman cant play centre. And i really like Mead and id love to keep him but i truly believe Roberts at fullback would make our attack are alot more potent.
    Zillman isn't even in the same class as Mead...

High balls, defence, directing play, talking, kick returns, scooting etc - Mead has it all over the rest (apart from Boyd) and he's far from polished at the back. Injection of a class half and Hooker would set this squad so straight it would be amazing
    Last edited by teke; 18-08-14 at 02:30 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Zillman goes close to being the most boring fullback in the competition if you ask me. So slow and predictable. I would take a Moylan or M Gordon over him any day. He's safe, but that's about all he offers really. No kicking game, can't pass, rarely does he look like breaking the line. zzzz
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 18-08-14 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    High balls, defence, directing play, talking, kick returns, scooting etc - Mead has it all over the rest (apart from Boyd) and he's far from polished at the back. Injection of a class half and Hooker would set this squad so straight it would be amazing
    Hey Teke would you think Mead would stay if we signed Boyd?

Please make sure you get your player of the round votes in

Vote at: http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/poty.php
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER