Default Presto gets Premiership ring returned to him

Hey Presto! Can I give you a ring

1407135973610.jpg

iSelect Titans favourite and Paul Broughton Medal winner Preston Campbell didn’t even know he’d lost his most special rugby league memento – his 2003 NRL premiership ring – until the Titans received a phone call from a Tweed Heads man to say he’d found it.

Jack Zervos was scanning sand at Jack Evans Boat Harbour at Tweed Heads when he thought he’d come across a ‘golden’ find – a valuable looking ring.

When he shook it from the sand he found it was a far more exclusive discovery than he could have imagined – a $6000 piece of jewellery only available for those players who reach the pinnacle in Australian club rugby league, grand final victory.

It had 2003 and No. 6 on it, so Jack did an internet search and fathomed that the winning Panthers’ five-eighth that day was ‘Presto’. He immediately made contact with the Titans and a stunned but relieved Campbell, who thought the ring was tucked away somewhere at his home, was on the phone to plan a meeting with Jack.

As a gesture of thanks he offered Jack to attend the next Titans match and enjoy some corporate hospitality but Jack humbly declined, claiming the look on Preston’s face when he saw the ring was enough reward.

“What a nice and honest man to contact me straight away and return it,” said Preston, who works full-time with Titans 4 Tomorrow and was in the Surat Basin conducting workshops this week.

“I didn’t even know it was missing. I can’t remember the last time I wore it and it’s a complete mystery how I lost it. All I can think of is one of our children has taken it and lost it.

“But I’m relieved to have it back, obviously it’s a very special keepsake.

“I called Jack and arranged to meet him to say thank you and asked how I could repay him, and one way was to be a VIP guest at a Titans game but he didn’t want any reward, he was just happy I got the ring back.”

http://www.titans.com.au/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Nice story.