Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default A New Era: What Now?

Well we finally got our wishes. And after years of despair, it's now time to renew and re-energise ourselves and help the club we love grow.

What will you do to help? I really want to switch the polarity to a positive.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 05-08-14 at 04:08 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Some of the the things that I am going to do include...

- Buy a 2014 jersey
    - Invest more time and money into League of Titans, especially on social media
    - Buy a Membership (I did not renew in 2014)
    - Be excited for team announcements and games just like the old days!

WE ARE A GROWN UP CLUB NOW!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'll be buying into next year too, once I see how the dust settles.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

This announcement has made me excited to be a Titans fan again which I have not been for a long time. Every Tuesday seemed like a routine when Carty was in charge ; Zillman fullback, Don not in side etc. I will now come home excited for team announcements. I have copied some of your points DH:

-Buy jerseys and other supporter gear for myself and the family
    -Buy a membership for 2015
    -Attend more games as I have not attended many this year
    -WEAR MY GEAR PROUDLY AS A GOLD COAST TITANS FAN!!

I still have a shirt that I bought in 06..... I still wear it every week but gee sometimes I really wanted to leave it in the cupboard. I may now invest in a replacement. I wear my members hat from the day it arrives until the new one arrives. I was going to be breaking that tradition this year but now that this has occurred I will be renewing my membership and carrying on with hope and optimism for the season to come.

QLD Cup

Oh No! I was just weaning myself off footy and starting to concentrate on studies. But now I've got something to be excited about again!

I really think whoever coaches should have the freedom to make it his own. I am an open mind when it comes to team selections, whatever works. Maybe with a new coach some of the under achievers can lift, some youngsters can be given a chance etc. Everything is on the table. Not instant success but building towards something. It is so painful looking at a team like the Tigers with all their young talent, I hope the team can be one that young players want to be part of, playing exciting footy.
    I wonder what hand cuffs the coach will have due to existing contracts under the salary cap. There are few players that
    I would miss if it freed space for future excitement.

If they put a broom through the entire club and squad and start a 5 yr plan next yr they might make finals within 2 yr and push around yr 3/4
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

well at the very least, this should prevent a reasonable amount of people from handing in there memberships this year.

I will wait for to see the extent of the shuffling around, but Searle leaving too was unexpected.

I will wait with interest to see Henrys first team named.

Like Teke, now that searle and Carty are gone, i would like to hear a real specific plan for the next few years, pertaining to memberships, team, parking, pricing, goals etc. It would have to be done tactfully so that it doesnt look like the board is deliberately poo-pooing Searle, but i would love some sort of initiave to recapture the tradie community and try earn there trust and love again. that is the biggest key to getting crowds and support back. i think now the 'witch is dead'.

Let also start a plan to regenerate our team. we really have some quality youth in and around the first grade side. lets show them some faith and let them grow up so they are primed to be ready for an assault on the premiership in 3 or so years.

Hopefully it's a turning point for the club, starting this weekend. I see there has been plenty of unrest at team selections that seem illogical. As a Cowboys fan, we regularly had the same discontent with selections made by Neil Henry so hopefully he improves with the Titans. I wonder if Carty had full control over selection or whether there was pressure from elsewhere. We always suspected at the Cowboys that management was interfering with the selections.

Coach gone but our sponsorship problem still stands. Hopefully Annersley will wrap this up soon and find us our sponsor.

It was Cartwright that got me interested in the Titans, but this change has been a long time coming.

Searle did a great job getting the club into the NRL, but he jumped the shark quite a while ago and needed to let go. Clubs are always going to be bigger than one person,

Happy to see the past stay in the past, and look forward to a new future.

No membership for me still, no point while I work weekends.

would be happy with rick stone, griffin, jason taylor, and keen to see what henry can do. but i have always thought Kevvie would be a great perosnality to have as our spokesman. Is a QLD legend, knows how to entertain and get some profile, but has learnt a tonne in his time as a coach overseas and in melbourne. He would be my guy if it didnt seem likely that he was being groomed for the broncs job.

My first positive thought was that I can renew next year. I really did not want to not be a member but had decided that I had to draw the line. Fortunately I am in for 2015. Bigger and better times ahead.

Beating the renewing membership drum. Will sign up for a social membership and back to steel next year if the positive moves keep coming.

I know the Cartwright issue is a bit of a sore spot with some fans but i was personally a little relieved to hear the news today. I respect Cartwright as a coach and I'm thankful for what he and Michael Searle have achieved here but i think today's decision was inevitable. To be honest i was dumbfounded in 2011 when he was offered a new 5 year deal. Two finals series in four years, which almost included a trip to the big show only to be knocked out by the Roosters. For me it should of resulted in a 2 to 3 year extension. In this day and age 5 year contracts are a very long and dangerous investment in my opinion, especially when it comes to NRL Coaches.

I hope we get a CEO with some direction and some rugby league passion. Because we are currently in a losing battle with the Suns (never thought id see the day) which in my opinion is on totally on the club. Maybe on the fans a little too i guess. But when you cant win at home and your playing a ball running second-row/centre at 5/8 i can understand the drop in crowds.

Injuries have played a big part in this season obviously but hopefully this is exactly what the club needs to get it to go to where it should be.

Things i wont miss (Hopefully)
    - Searle's fascination with buying Back Rowers
    -Cartwright's fascination with playing Second Rowers in the Centres
    -Cartwright's obession with William Zillman at fullback
    -David Mead not playing fullback
    - James Roberts being pushed out to the wing to accommodate Maurice Blair at centre.
    -Maurice Blair being anywhere near the team sheet.

Things i look forward to
    -Having Kelly and Roberts on the field together
    -Having Kelly, Seizer, Roberts and Mead all in the same team
    -David Taylor not playing centre
    -Building our team around the likes of Kelly, Seizer, Roberts and Mead