Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: DING DONG

Im not sold on henry being the coach untill i see some changes in the team selection. Especially while griffin is available

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Im not sold on henry being the coach untill i see some changes in the team selection. Especially while griffin is available
    I do think there is one negative with Griffin, his team selections. At Brisbane he continuously picked Barba at FB over Hoffman, Parker at prop etc. So he could unfortunately be just like Cartwright. Will be interesting to see what Henry does to the team if put in charge.

We just need a coach who can teach our players when and where to run. If anyone was wondering why the ball never got to Taylor last week, both Minichiello and Bird were standing between Taka and Big Dave. Not running decoys, wanting the ball. We miss the lines Harrison used to run. Bird especially needs to run tougher lines.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

You're right 'Goose ... and the thing I liked about Blair when he first went to pivot was he wouldn't take any crap from Bird and played a more expansive game (remember the Storm win?) ... that has been knocked out of him.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

so if henry is installed as coach I wonder if and who he will bring into the titans coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    so if henry is installed as coach I wonder if and who he will bring into the titans coaching staff
    Just as long as he gets rid of Martin Lang. I'll be happy.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gold Coast Titans fans are being called on to support the team in its time of need
    MICHAEL SAUNDERS
    GOLD COAST BULLETIN
    AUGUST 07, 2014 9:11AM

Titans supporters Vanessa Ewings (left), 12, Oriana Papalii, 4, and Richard Hoy in front of the Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast. Picture: Regi Varghese
    DIEHARD Gold Coast *Titans fans are calling on the naysayers to “put up or shut up” after the shock exit of two of the club’s most polarising figures.

Members of the official Titans supporters group, The Legion, said the club’s “keyboard warriors” had “got what they wanted” after club chief executive Michael Searle and coach John Cartwright called it quits.

COACH JOHN CARTWRIGHT’S EMOTIONAL GOODBYE

Legion members now believe the mudslingers need to “do the right thing” and show up to the team’s remaining home games.

“There was a fair bit of negativity out there on *social media saying fans won’t come to games until (Searle and Cartwright) leave,” long-time fan and Legion member Ross Ewing said.

“They’ve got what they pushed for, so now they need to prove it and come support the team.

“Put up or shut up — it’s as simple as that.”

Mr Ewing has been a fan of the Titans since the club was founded under the vision and determination of *Searle in 2007.

While Searle still owns 40 per cent of the Titans, he said he would no longer wield influence and would leave for the betterment of the club’s dwindling fan base. “If I’m the problem I walk ... and I’m walking,” Searle told the Bulletin.

Fellow Legion member Richard Hoy said while he was a big fan of Cartwright, he hoped interim head coach Neil Henry could help point the club in the right direction.

“I think this is a new step forward and hopefully it is a good step forward,” Mr Hoy said.

“Coaching is so performance-based these days and we understand that.

“Regardless of what happens, the real supporters will be there through thick and thin. We just want an NRL team to remain on the Gold Coast.”

The Titans are 13th on the NRL ladder and face the Roosters in Sydney this weekend. The following weekend they host Manly — a game Mr Ewing believes will be the acid test for separate true Titans fans from the rest.

Http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I have no idea who this twit is. But shame on him for slurring Titans fans who simply wanted accountability and to be like any other professional sports club.

But some people, just don't get it.

It's a shame to see the name Legion. Which I founded in 2006, attached to negativity and division.

Not talking about Richard. He is a classy guy. Sums it up well.

Maybe I should just blame the Gold Coast Bulletin for leading with such rubbish.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 07-08-14 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I have no idea who this twit is. But shame on him for slurring Titans fans who simply wanted accountability and to be like any other professional sports club.

But some people, just don't get it.

It's a shame to see the name Legion. Which I founded in 2006, attached to negativity and division.

Not talking about Richard. He is a classy guy. Sums it up well.

Maybe I should just blame the Gold Coast Bulletin for leading with such rubbish.
    As you know Brad, I have always been a supporter of you and everything you have done for RL in general but especially the Titans and specifically the Legion which you were instrumental in creating, nurturing and growing. it is always a shame to see "fans" using the brand name "Legion" to make it sound as if they speak on behalf of the group.

Sorry, don't want to hijack the thread... I'll leave it at that.

I agree. Well hopefully we can put it behind us as an era and not people. I've never met this person and we all know the media can take a few words out of a lot and make it the headline. I think we should all try and reach out to other Titans fans and try and sew the fanbase back together. We have a lot of work ahead. And I think both fans and corporate investors now believe that it's safe to invest time and money into the Titans.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 07-08-14 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    to make it sound as if they speak on behalf of the group.
    And entire fanbase.

The Legion Fan Base appear to be pissed off these days.. Good luck winning new members with that attitude.

Yea.. Ah well. I'm damn proud of all you folks. I'm keen for a positive and fun future. It's why we love footy.

A good cartoon.

image.jpg

You know DH, if I was a confrontationalist I would suggest you take that bloke to task but in fact the more press, good and bad, that the club gets right now is all good. The level of expectation is high and the board's reaction to this will be interesting to see.

After a few days to reflect on it all, does anybody else note that the playing group are hardly involved in the debate? This worries me on several levels;

The first being that they are still not being held accountable. There is no doubt that Cartwright had to go but as many have pointed out, he wasn't missing tackles and dropping balls.

Secondly; there also seems to be the inference that the club has bought second rate players at bargain-basement prices. Now I would agree with that to some extent but when you couple that with the comment from the meeting the other night of a lack of professionalism then I feel the players need to be spotlighted for their underachievements.

Finally, the next five games will tell us a lot about our players. Unlike many of you I really don't want to throw our young players into a team of underachieving, non-motivated seniors ... I doubt that that would help them develop and in fact it may well do the reverse. How many other young guys have tried it with this bunch and not come through? I hold our senior group as much responsible for that as the coaching team.

And I haven't even started on club culture. Call me negative if you like but if we are going to have a new era then lets make it a new bright, enthusiastic, professional, committed and transparent one.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.