Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: DING DONG

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    but its only step one.
    Yes but what a HUUUUUGGGEEEEE first step............. I never dared hope that we would see the two of them gone on the same day......
    I would like to thank Michael Searle for having the strength to fight for the the club to be established in the first place and now that his job is over perhaps we can move onto the next era with hope, optimism and positivity.
    Thanks also to John Cartwright, it must have been a huge job getting things going in the first place.

YYYYYEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

JUST SAW NOW!! so happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Carty staying on in a 'non coaching capacity' ....

Party at mine

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    what happens with Searle does he stay an owner, or is someone buying him out, will find out at 4pm I Suppose
    Apparently he quits the board but still holds shares. But yeah we will find out at 4.

Great news everyone Thank you to everyone on this forum especially Titan Pete, BT, C-Whiz and Karnage who put a lot of effort into getting this campaign going. Great result!!!

YEAHHHHHH!!!!

Just watched the press conference.

Michael Searle indicated his intention to step down from his position on the board effective immediately last week. He will stay on as Administrator Head of Football until the end of the year.

Carty (seen the writing on the wall) sought out Daryl Kelly earlier this week (today??) to gauge the Board's feelings towards staying on as coach beyond 2014 - and the two parties 'came to a mutual decision' that he would be stepping down from the position after mondays game against the Roosters. It was also stated that Cartwright would be staying on in a 'non-coaching / non-football role' beyond 2014.

According to Annessley, Neil Henry has accepted the position of 'interim coach' until the end of the year, as the club conducts it's search for a coach for 2015 and beyond - which our CEO indicted wouldn't take long...

Looking forward to our club's next chapter. Exciting times.
    Last edited by K2G; 05-08-14 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Can't believe i left that ominous little bit of info in bold out of my original post

However in the Presser it said that Carty will still be at the club ?? Did I hear that right?

Outstanding news. The icing on the cake will be Mead at fullback and Don the first winger picked.

Yep Fox Sports News said Cartwright to stay on in a different role. They also mentioned that they are hearing Neil Henry will be coaching from 2015 on.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Outstanding news. The icing on the cake will be Mead at fullback and Don the first winger picked.
    Unfortunately not this week. Mead re-injured his hammy and Don not in team. However I do believe that Carty still picked this team. Hopefully Henry will make these changes in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Yep Fox Sports News said Cartwright to stay on in a different role. They also mentioned that they are hearing Neil Henry will be coaching from 2015 on.
    As long as Carty doesn't have any control on team selection or training we should be right. Will be interesting to see how Neil Henry goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    However in the Presser it said that Carty will still be at the club ?? Did I hear that right?
    Annesley said he would be with the club for the foreseeable future but it would be in a "non-coaching" role.

Cartys last game will be the roosters so zillman will still be #1 this week

Just saw the press conference. It's real... IT'S REAL!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Great news indeed. Not getting too excited just yet though.

The matter of both Cartwright and Searle still active within Club at some capacity has me quite suspicious that this is another swifty being pulled by Searle. As usual, time will eventually reveal the truth..

Searle and Cartwright stand down

titansgraphic.jpg

Confirmation this afternoon that iSelect Gold Coast Titans founder Michael Searle and foundation head coach John Cartwright have stepped down from their positions at the club.

Searle will step down from his role as Executive Director of Football at seasons end and as a director of the board immediately.

Cartwright will coach his last game for the Titans on Monday night when the team takes on the Roosters at Allianz Stadium. He will remain in the club in a non-football role.

A full and detailed statement will be issued later this afternoon.

http://www.titans.com.au/
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 05-08-14 at 05:16 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER