Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: DING DONG

Here's the youtube link. Happy days. http://youtu.be/rmsSf5t_45M

Something that I am wondering here. JC resigned as coach, he wasn't sacked, so, technically, we shouldn't be paying him as a first grade coach. Will his employment contract with the club be revised in accordance with his new position? Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Something that I am wondering here. JC resigned as coach, he wasn't sacked, so, technically, we shouldn't be paying him as a first grade coach. Will his employment contract with the club be revised in accordance with his new position? Interesting...
    Being that his 'resignation' was given by way of a 'mutual decision' with the board, I take that to mean JC will still be paid out his contract, or at leat something very close to it. Which would upset me alot more had i not read Karnage's post in another thread revealing that he was/is the lowest earning coach in the NRL ... puts things in perspective a little i think.

Well we got what we wanted. Now we need the team to perform for a new coach. Problem is that the playing group always stood behind Carty. Henry won't stay, he's off to Tigers. We need to concentrate on getting Griffin and his coaching team down here. The next part of the equation is how do we get bums on seats so that the club doesn't fold regardless. Should the club look for alternate venue considering the costs associated with CBUS Stadium?
    On another note Carty deserves to have a lifetime job with the club. His coaching wasn't up to par however what he has done and sacrificed (including reinvesting part of his wage into the club to keep it afloat) shouldn't be overlooked. I wish him all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Well we got what we wanted. Now we need the team to perform for a new coach. Problem is that the playing group always stood behind Carty. Henry won't stay, he's off to Tigers. We need to concentrate on getting Griffin and his coaching team down here. The next part of the equation is how do we get bums on seats so that the club doesn't fold regardless. Should the club look for alternate venue considering the costs associated with CBUS Stadium?
    On another note Carty deserves to have a lifetime job with the club. His coaching wasn't up to par however what he has done and sacrificed (including reinvesting part of his wage into the club to keep it afloat) shouldn't be overlooked. I wish him all the best.
    Welcome mate.

Where is it written the Henry is off to the Tigers ? Particularly seeing that Potter is still in his job??

If not Henry Kevie or Matterson will do me. We need to look at coaching staff that have links to Qld and have played or held football department positions at the Broncos , Storm or Cowboys. Just throwing some names up like Peter Ryan.

Henry to Tigers is just the word around town. I don't think he's staying and the Tigers are looking for another coach.

Welcome mate.
    If you are right about Henry going to the Tigers (they seem to be in a mess and having 50 cents each way about the coach for next year) then I agree with your comments about Griffin. I think he has done a fairly good job this year and he would also probably bring Ben Hunt with him.
    As for your comments re Carty, yes he did a lot for the club, but no one deserves a job for life, anywhere. Personally, if we could have afforded it I would have paid him out and asked him to leave because some will still have the feeling he is there looking over shoulders. We need a completely fresh start, and that is the reason I would have liked him to leave, not because of any disregard for him as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Welcome mate.
    If you are right about Henry going to the Tigers (they seem to be in a mess and having 50 cents each way about the coach for next year) then I agree with your comments about Griffin. I think he has done a fairly good job this year and he would also probably bring Ben Hunt with him.
    As for your comments re Carty, yes he did a lot for the club, but no one deserves a job for life, anywhere. Personally, if we could have afforded it I would have paid him out and asked him to leave because some will still have the feeling he is there looking over shoulders. We need a completely fresh start, and that is the reason I would have liked him to leave, not because of any disregard for him as a person.
    As you say, if we could afford it.

Just read an article that the Titans are trying to stave off Henry to Dragons so could be completely wrong. What are your thoughts on Henry as head coach? Who would bring in the crowds Henry or Griffin, if he was an option we could afford?

As you say, if we could afford it.

Just read an article that the Titans are trying to stave off Henry to Dragons so could be completely wrong. What are your thoughts on Henry as head coach? Who would bring in the crowds Henry or Griffin, if he was an option we could afford?
    I was so desperate for a change I am certainly prepared to give Henry a go. I suppose it is a concern that his winning percentage is almost identical to Cartys. I think Griffin has done a pretty good job at the Broncos especially this year where they have generally played much better than last year.
    Overall though I think that the crowds will come if we are winning and playing an attractive style of footy, no matter who is the coach.
    I am hoping whoever is the coach can get the players up to finals footy but I believe we are very weak overall in the pivotal positions of 1,6,7,and 9. I think Mead might solve the problems of fullback but only time will tell if he can reach the level of the top fullbacks. We need a top half, hooker, and centre in my opinion but I was concerned today to read that the club is not spending to the cap limit (Paul Kent, todays Telegraph) and whether that may now change. We need to spend every dollar under the cap to be competitive but we probably just need to give the new coach time to see what he can do with what we have. If Henry stays I am sure he has opinions about who stays, goes, and who he needs.

The world has suddenly become a beautiful place
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

I wouldn't mind Griffin but the problem is that he also puts players in the wrong position. Took him 20 rounds to realise Hoffman>Barba for fullback. Give Henry a go first, even though he worries me as he has a similar winning % as Carty. A new team might suit him though.

We also need a better conditioning team..we always have so many players injured, EVERY year.

a few random things on this subject:

If titans have the lowest paid coach, tigers are next. they are in all sorts of financial trouble. Henry wouldn't get alot more for going there.

Griffin did a good job with the broncs 20s and brought alot of them through.

I do think Carty has value in him, just not as a first grade coach anymore.

We might not be spending up to the cap, but we have quite a few bargains are also wasting some money here and there in the roster. We have more than enough talent to make top 8 or 6. and a real good coach could get us top 4. i honestly believe that. Where our lack of resource hurts us is in the off field part of the equation.

I think our recruitment has been quite astute for the most part. theres a few i would have liked to keep, and few we maybe didnt need (beau champion anyone, anyone? bueller?), but getting carter, Sezer, Alby, Falloon, douglas, taylor etc are all decent gets. its the selcetion and training that needs more work.

I was always under the belief that Carty was on $500k but I could be wrong. I personally would like to see Griffin over Henry.

I don't think they'd be any harm in seeing Carty help out or coach the 20's.

I don't think we've been using the full salary cap for at least this season. Jamal left and his wage left with him. I think where we could get into trouble over the next couple of years is all the bargain basement players we pick up after they're disgraced and sacked from previous clubs. If we want to retain these guys then we need the room in the salary cap now to be able to negotiate and afford them later.

Whoever we end up with as a coach hopefully a new condition team and support team comes with them.

Either way I'm happy with the direction the clubs heading and after saying quite frequently during the year I wouldn't be renewing my membership I'm happy to renew it after the last couple of days events.

I don't think a real good coach could get us anywhere near top 4 with current crop
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]