Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: DING DONG

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Annesley said he would be with the club for the foreseeable future but it would be in a "non-coaching" role.
    Looks like they had to keep him or pay him out, so they have found another position to at least get something done for their money. There would be no way they would be keeping him in any role if he didn't have two years left on his contract.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Cartys last game will be the roosters so zillman will still be #1 this week
    I'm still scared that Carty may have rubbed his 'coaching brains' onto Henry. Hopefully we see Mead at #1 next week but I'm still not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Great news indeed. Not getting too excited just yet though.

The matter of both Cartwright and Searle still active within Club at some capacity has me quite suspicious that this is another swifty being pulled by Searle. As usual, time will eventually reveal the truth..
    This mirrors my sentiments exactly ... too long these clowns have tried to pull the wool over our eyes one way or another ... if it wasn't for the stalwarts on the Forum nothing would have changed and I love youse all for that ... just like Royce once said "I'm gunna have a beer with everyone of youse" ... or two
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Anyone have a link of the press conference

While todays announcements are steps forward in the clubs rebuilding , it is as somebody has said in this thread we need to be mindful of what Michael Searle , John Cartwright and Paul Broughton had achieved in getting a NRL Licence here on the Coast and I thank them for that. If not for these guys then we would not be on this Forum now to discuss the Titans. While most or if not all the good work that the trio over the years has been clouded to date it is pertinent that the trio should be respected for getting a team on the Coast.

It is now time for us all to send constructive feedback and thoughts to the Titans , more so how to enhance the Game Day experience this is how we now HELP THE TITANS move forward.

My thoughts on the coaching situation is this. I believe that Henry should have the rest of this year and next year to show that he can turn the club around. IF he changes the style of play and we are winning then we can negotiate an extension of perhaps 2 years, no more.
    If the team is still ordinary we can move on to another coach fairly easily and painlessly. Cartwright's contract will expire then as well which will free up good money for either an extension or a change.

Cartwright's will expire at the end of 2016.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Funny how 12 months nearly to the day can change everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I was at work so could not login to comment but enjoyed reading the comments as they came in.
    I would like to thank C-Whiz for kicking off the constructive post on here that led to many of us writing to Board members or the club. Well done to all of us who acted.
    I agree with BT's comments that credit must go to Searle, Carty and Broughton for establishing the club and it's a shame the first two went too far and thought it as their own plaything. I am disappointed that Carty will be the best paid tea lady in Australia but if they have to keep paying him he might as well do something.
    So much to look forward to now and I hope we have money to buy as the problems are not just going to be solved by playing Mead at fullback. As much as anything I just want to see if Henry can get something out of this team that Carty couldn't, but he must be given some time.

First Grader

With both Searle and Carty gone, it has has removed the dead weight around the club's neck to allow the club to move forward.

There is so much to do and I am not expecting miracles as it will take a long time to get the team to be premiership force.

However I at least expect to see a significant improvement in all aspects of the club both on and off the field.

This is just the start of a Great New Begining for us all
    #itaintweaktospeak

This is a very good day. I felt so good when I left that meeting last night, I honestly believe that the board are legitimately interested in making the Titans a successful football club.

This is a massive statement that they are going to be not only a part of a new era but a driving force behind it. Hats off.

John Cartwright will stay on in a non-coaching, non-football role. By all reports he is a wonderful man so he probably will have a bit to offer on the corporate side.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    This is a very good day. I felt so good when I left that meeting last night, I honestly believe that the board are legitimately interested in making the Titans a successful football club.
    I mentioned that when Rebecca Frizelle called me after receiving my letter that she was quite firm that the Board were there to make decisions and that will be so much easier now with Searle not part of the Board.

It's days like this it would be great to have a Leagues Club...

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    It's days like this it would be great to have a Leagues Club...
    +1