Default Gold Coast Titans co-captain Nate Myles says his team is not giving up on finals hope

Gold Coast Titans co-captain Nate Myles says his team is not giving up on finals hopes and their coach is not to blame
    TRAVIS MEYN GOLD COAST BULLETIN AUGUST 04, 2014 2:33PM 2

GOLD Coast co-captain Nate Myles insists the *Titans haven’t given up and under-pressure coach John Cartwright isn’t to blame for their dramatic form slump.

The Titans’ hopes of breaking a three-year finals exile took a massive hit on Saturday night with a 28-8 loss to North Queensland in Townsville.

They gave away 11 penalties and looked frustrated in the clash which has left them with the unwanted task of having to win their last five matches to make the finals.

That run begins with a trip to face the Roosters, last year’s premiers, next Monday before coming home to host the table-*topping Sea Eagles.

Co-captain Nate Myles says Gold Coast Titans NRL Coach John Cartwright is not to blame. Picture: Wesley Monts
    Cartwright is under the pump to retain his job, having last piloted the Titans to a finals appearance in 2010.

But Myles was quick to deflect attention from his coach, saying the playing group was to blame for their three months of pain.

“Everyone’s under the pump,” he said.

“Carty has our backing 110 per cent. As a playing group, we’re the ones that are disappointing ourselves.

“We’re not disappointed in what Carty and that (coaching staff) are providing. They’re doing everything possible for us. Their mindset hasn’t changed.

“Our playing group isn’t playing enough for each other at the moment. We’re thinking too individually.”

The Titans had a completion rate of 58 per cent against the Cowboys as they slumped to their ninth loss in their past 11 games.

Apart from an inability to hold the ball, the Titans were disjointed in *attack and made schoolboy errors.

“We just didn’t put it *together,” Myles said.

“You can’t get away from the fact everyone’s disappointed. We’re disappointed but the boys are still in good spirits. In that way, it’s refreshing.

“The energy’s got to be funnelled into a constructive way and at the moment we’re not doing that.”

Paul Carter gave away four penalties while Greg Bird and Myles had a running battle with the referees.

It would be a rugby league miracle for the *Titans to make the top eight from here but Myles insisted all hope wasn’t lost.

“Nothing’s out of reach for any team in this competition,” he said.

“We’ve got a long week ahead which is going to benefit us. We’ll look forward to the challenge. No one has given up yet.”

Cartwright admitted his side went “over the top” with its ill-discipline but *denied their frustration was a result of three months of poor form.

“You’d like to see that sort of aggression and energy but it’s got to be within the scope of the game,’’ he said.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Myles has played 3 great games this season but none of them were in Titans jerseys so i wouldn't pay too much attention to what he has to say..
    #itaintweaktospeak

I'll bet there is a group of these turkeys sitting around having a giggle at the tripe they serve up while there is another group sitting around wondering how they can get out from under the bottleneck that is choking their progress. These types of comments are just ludicrous.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Gold Coast Titans co-captain Nate Myles says his team is not giving up on finals hopes and their coach is not to blame
    TRAVIS MEYN GOLD COAST BULLETIN AUGUST 04, 2014 2:33PM

“We’re not disappointed in what Carty and that (coaching staff) are providing. They’re doing everything possible for us. Their mindset hasn’t changed.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Myles has played 3 great games this season but none of them were in Titans jerseys so i wouldn't pay too much attention to what he has to say..
    Exactly why they need to go!!!!

Although Myles could run harder and make more metres than he currently is, I think that many of you don't realise he is still our one of most hard working forwards. Him and Bull have topped metres run and tackles in most games this year. Not defending him, just pointing out our forward pack stats.

TITANS FORWARDS AVERAGE METRES RUN:

Bird - 110m (13 runs)
    Bailey - 104m (11 runs)
    Myles - 98m (11 runs)
    Douglas - 79m (9runs)
    Mini - 73m (9 runs)
    Carter - 73m (8 runs)
    White - 70 (9 runs)

TITANS FORWARDS AVERAGE TACKLES:

Myles - 595 (37 per game)
    Douglas - 526 (27 per game)
    Mini - 475 (25 per game)
    Bailey - 404 (27 per game)
    White - 387 (22 per game)
    Carter - 359 (21 per game)
    Bird - 280 (20 per game)

- - - Updated - - -

Ridiculous comments though. Maybe if Manly or Roosters were saying it I might believe it but these guys must be stupid. I (along with many of you) have absolutely no confidence of this under 10's team winning the rest of the remaining games this year. Silly Myles

Remember when Mead said his mindset was focused on getting Titans into the finals, a few MoM games in a row then Bird said he would have to have a talk to him to get his mind straight !?

I guess el captino had that talk
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

These articles where they are written as if these performances are a recent thing really get me. It's been like this for three years.FFS.

Reads a lot like every Titans article at this stage of the season

August 5, 2012

August 5, 2013

I think Nate is being quite honest with not giving up aspect. I don't think they have ever shirked in effort on the park, it's just they are poor in defence, have no decent set plays an d have a **** coaching staff.
    As for the backing the coach call, that's what we heard from Greg bird last week, and tells me that all the players are completely aware that the coach is a goner.
    The players cop it big time on the titans fb page, and I for one have been one of those frothing at the mouth after every loss, but have backed off after realizing the players see the comments. They'd be frustrated and demoralized, but I'm backing them to put the effort in, but not the be coached well to beat anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Although Myles could run harder and make more metres than he currently is, I think that many of you don't realise he is still our one of most hard working forwards. Him and Bull have topped metres run and tackles in most games this year. Not defending him, just pointing out our forward pack stats.

TITANS FORWARDS AVERAGE METRES RUN:

Bird - 110m (13 runs)
    Bailey - 104m (11 runs)
    Myles - 98m (11 runs)
    Douglas - 79m (9runs)
    Mini - 73m (9 runs)
    Carter - 73m (8 runs)
    White - 70 (9 runs)

TITANS FORWARDS AVERAGE TACKLES:

Myles - 595 (37 per game)
    Douglas - 526 (27 per game)
    Mini - 475 (25 per game)
    Bailey - 404 (27 per game)
    White - 387 (22 per game)
    Carter - 359 (21 per game)
    Bird - 280 (20 per game)

- - - Updated - - -

Ridiculous comments though. Maybe if Manly or Roosters were saying it I might believe it but these guys must be stupid. I (along with many of you) have absolutely no confidence of this under 10's team winning the rest of the remaining games this year. Silly Myles
    For the size of him, and senior player standing at the club, Matt white is simply not performing, while iaone is consistently busting his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post

August 5, 2012

August 5, 2013
    hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

August 5, 2012

August 5, 2013
    Brilliant work mate.

August 5, 2012

August 5, 2013
    aha nice find mup.